Ohio Fall Tournaments??? Done???

jayflyer98

Reaction score
Based on the way the new sports order is written, no more tournaments this fall in Ohio. We need to get someone to clarify this quickly!!
Holding out hope that is was intended to just be for contact sport tournaments...

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
The order bans multiple games for certain sports. Softball is not one of them. Further in the order there is a statement that tournament organizers have to follow guidelines. No reason for that to be there if all tournaments are prohibited. I would think softball, baseball, tennis, and other sports tournaments not specifically banned can move forward.

First2Third

Reaction score
The order bans multiple games for certain sports. Softball is not one of them. Further in the order there is a statement that tournament organizers have to follow guidelines. No reason for that to be there if all tournaments are prohibited. I would think softball, baseball, tennis, and other sports tournaments not specifically banned can move forward.

Where do you see that in the order? I haven't been able to find it.

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Single games under the sports/games/tournament section. Regarding tournaments is under venues section

PlayTwo

Reaction score
I don't see a section called that. Are you talking about something other than the Health Department order that was issued last night?

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Here it is

Attachments

• Youth-Collegiate-Amateur-Club-Pro-Sports.pdf
    423.5 KB · Views: 37

PlayTwo

Reaction score
I see. That predates yesterday's health department order. The new order does not make those distinctions you mentioned, and neither did the governor today.

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
They were both put out yesterday. What I posted is the breakdown of the order in an Easier to follow chart. It is posted on the ohio covid site with a date of Aug 19 same as the official signed order

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
If you go to the ohio covid website it states the 19th because that is the effective date. Maybe the chart was created on the 18th, but the effective date is the 19th

First2Third

Reaction score
If you go to the ohio covid website it states the 19th because that is the effective date. Maybe the chart was created on the 18th, but the effective date is the 19th

Did you see they changed it last night?

jayflyer98

Reaction score
I see a new version dated 8/20 now and language is removed about playing multiple teams in a 24hr period... Am I going crazy??

wahhutch9

Reaction score
I see a new version dated 8/20 now and language is removed about playing multiple teams in a 24hr period... Am I going crazy??
The responsible restart removed that... but it looks like the order from the health department still prohibits it (unless there is a new health order?)

the left arm doesn’t know what the right arm is doing :mad: