Opponent coach in my dugout

Bibb

Reaction score
no offense to anyone but it’s gonna get worse with the crybabies as we will soon be seeing coaches who was born in the late 90s, & 2000. Damn that makes me feel old.

These younger generations need to toughen up and handle business. You have a problem with someone then address the issue. Don’t go being a keyboard warrior. Talk it out with them face to face with respect. always respect your elders.
Welcome to the "Participation Trophy Generation"

#4mom

Reaction score
Too funny, Chris is a great guy and as said in other posts has built relationships with girls all over the softball community! I seen him last summer at Berliner we talked for awhile, then he said “Well I’m gonna go walk by the dugouts and make these coaches nervous” Believe me he doesn’t have to steal players. Your lucky to get to play for him. He is honestly a great Coach!!!

Softydad

Reaction score
Too funny, Chris is a great guy and as said in other posts has built relationships with girls all over the softball community! I seen him last summer at Berliner we talked for awhile, then he said “Well I’m gonna go walk by the dugouts and make these coaches nervous” Believe me he doesn’t have to steal players. Your lucky to get to play for him. He is honestly a great Coach!!!
Truth

Run26

Reaction score
Sounds like Chris may have been trying to help the opposing coach find his white flag

BretMan2

TSZ/OFC Umpire in Chief
Reaction score
So instead of going to the source or organization, you choose to do it like this, the wrong way...And its shot you in the ass...Next time leave social media out of it and man up and talk it out to the person or organization....

Somebody needs to read the USA softball guidelines on social media.

PaulP

Reaction score
His tactic for making the other coaches nervous worked. Sounds like this is being blown out of proportion, which always happens on social media. That said, coaches should stay out of opposing dugouts.

HHavoc

Reaction score
Website
halloweenhavocinvitational.com
No offense but This is a strong case of an insecure coach.
Do your job coach your team make it fun and keep your players and families happy. Everything will fall into place.
If you are doing the right things for the players, IE. player Development, recruiting, team bonding, and playing the right events for them to showcase their talents then they will stick around. Players grow. If you don’t challenge them they will go elsewhere to get those challenges.
Be thankful and honored that other great coaches think highly of your players.

Many times I have had coaches ask me about players on my team. They have tried recruiting them in parking lots. I don’t bash those coaches. I’m honored. Those players safe still with me and it shows I am doing something right with the culture of our team. The Athletes have bought in and everything else falls into place.

I agree. Create a culture in which girls WANT to return and they will return. We had 9 of 11 players return this year. Then, a month after committing to coming back, one of the 9 called me up in mid-August and said they were not returning. In my opinion, a pretty crappy thing to do...especially since I passed on numerous players during tryouts who played that position. But, I also quickly realized the parent had made the decision and not the player.

thestuff142

Reaction score
Is this website considered social media? Stay out of and away from other peoples dugouts. Why is that so difficult to understand? It looks bad even if it is harmless. For past few years people here have BEGGED to have names/clubs named...when it happens and the attacks dogs come out. Which way does everyone want it lol? #StayOutOfOthersDugouts

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This crap is why I retired lol. That's some major softballs to waltz into someone elses dugout and chat up players. And by accounts here, hes known for recruiting like this and was "going to walk by dugouts and make coaches nervous" BEFORE THIS OCCURED. You can justify it anyway you want, I dont care, he could be the god of softball and it would still be wrong.

Run26

Reaction score
This crap is why I retired lol. That's some major softballs to waltz into someone elses dugout and chat up players. And by accounts here, hes known for recruiting like this and was "going to walk by dugouts and make coaches nervous" BEFORE THIS OCCURED. You can justify it anyway you want, I dont care, he could be the god of softball and it would still be wrong.
What!?!? You mean Lasers recruit players even when they are other teams? The hell you say. Must be in the Lasers coaching manual because I think they invented the tactic.

daboss

Reaction score
We are in a pandemic. You are lucky you ever get to play ball at all this year yet you turn your nose upwards and openly enter another team's dugout!!!! Do you see the problem? It's actions like this that'll give fuel to a Health Dept. to shut down playing. This year, this alone would be a main focus on the reasoning why not to do it.

You want to visit with a player's family or a player you don't openly do it by going into an opponent's dugout. You don't enter their dugout at all this year. It is disrespectful. It is unethical. If you cannot see this, you are too full of yourself. It doesn't matter what uniform they are wearing.

wilsey73

Reaction score
He is the God of Softball...Ill guarantee he's had more D1 recruits and commits than any coach in Ohio...

Go Blue

Reaction score
Stay outta opposing dugouts, unless you're buds with the opposing coach and its a reciprocal amongst coaches who kmow each other well.

daboss

Reaction score
He is the God of Softball...Ill guarantee he's had more D1 recruits and commits than any coach in Ohio...

You can hold him or anyone else in high regard but it is disrespectful and unethical to go uninvited by the opposing coach into a dugout. The only exception that ever would come to mind is to lend medical attention to somebody in that dugout if they have the training that could be of service.

There is a code of ethics amongst coaches in all sports. If this man does not understand it, than he's not as great as you'd like to hold him. If he's exploiting his position as a coach, he's got a lot to learn. Would he walk into Coach Candrea's dugout to talk to a former player? I think not. Why? Because of respect. It doesn't matter when, where, or who. You respect the game or you don't...................

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amen to that boss. listen guys gals. couple points made here that i would like to focus on that makes this bad or good.
1) if the intruding coach knows the head coach personally and is friends with the head coach, then i can maybe see him stopping by to say hello to coaches and maybe girls he has coached before.
2) if you dont know head coach - NO REASON is acceptable to be in his dugout. wait until game is over and say hello to your old players after the game after the team talk after she has been released from the game by the head coach.
it doesn't matter how many D1 or D2 girls he has coached... respect is respect is respect. dont cross the line and think your more important than anyone else in this game.