Best Hitting Instructor (Baseball or Softball)?

LineDrive1434

Reaction score
Just curious to hear opinions on who the best hitting instructor (baseball or softball) in Ohio might be. Let's break it down into quadrants so this information might help those looking for it. Also who thinks there is a big difference between baseball or softball when it comes to hitting instruction?

1. Southwest (Cincinnati)

2. Southeast (Athens/Marietta)

3. Northwest (Toledo)

4. Northeast (Cleveland/Youngstown)

4. Central (Columbus)

Stedman00

Reaction score
South west Ohio - very hard to argue with the volume, longevity and high level of instructed players taught by Tim Duncan. Lots of people trying to recommend new instructors with a proven track record of like 3 players from last year.

Biggest thing I can comment on baseball versus softball is that women MUST be taught to swing using hips and core. Men can get away with arm and shoulder swings.

Bob45429

Reaction score
Jodi Hall-Curnutte. She is the BEST in the Dayton area. She works out of "The Field House" in Miamisburg, OH. She teaches hitting and pitching. GREAT with the Ladies!!!

OhPhat

Reaction score
I can only offer two but I think they are both very good hitting instructors....Tim Shephard in SW Ohio and Shawn Gillenwater in central Ohio

her mom

Reaction score
Jodi Hall-Curnutte. She is the BEST in the Dayton area. She works out of "The Field House" in Miamisburg, OH. She teaches hitting and pitching. GREAT with the Ladies!!!

2nd that about Jodi!!!!!!!

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
how about we add some slapper instructors out there.... not just big home run hitters but the lefties deserve some attention here!!! just saying

Tank22

Reaction score
David Jones at Legends Hitting in Heath Oh.

#4mom

Reaction score
Hands down Tim Duncan been going there since 10u now in 16u

jt7663

Reaction score
Curious ... I feel the Baseball to Softball swings are different enough that there are 2 different teachings that must be used.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious ... I feel the Baseball to Softball swings are different enough that there are 2 different teachings that must be used.
Sorry...not really. Elite hitters in both sports, whether men or women, all have common, what I call "checkpoints" in their swings. These are commonalities that are absolute "must haves" and essential to become an Elite hitter. The variations you see between swings in each sport are more "style" than anything else. The swing shared by both sports' Elite hitters has been named the "Elite Swing" or the "High Level Swing" depending on who's teaching and discussing it. At least, those are the current buzz words.

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
In the SW my nod goes to Shannon Wullenweber, even though he's just across the border in Indiana.

wellbuckit

Reaction score
Just curious to hear opinions on who the best hitting instructor (baseball or softball) in Ohio might be. Let's break it down into quadrants so this information might help those looking for it. Also who thinks there is a big difference between baseball or softball when it comes to hitting instruction?

1. Southwest (Cincinnati)

2. Southeast (Athens/Marietta)

3. Northwest (Toledo)

4. Northeast (Cleveland/Youngstown)

4. Central (Columbus)

I would throw Randy Moziejko's hat into the mix also. He is known for his Pitching instruction(for good reason) but he has also trained many D1 athletes for hitting as well. There is at least one past All American and D1 coach that say he was the best hitting instructor that they ever had.

LineDrive1434

Reaction score
I would throw Randy Moziejko's hat into the mix also. He is known for his Pitching instruction(for good reason) but he has also trained many D1 athletes for hitting as well. There is at least one past All American and D1 coach that say he was the best hitting instructor that they ever had.

Thanks for the info but where is he? Contact info? Etc.