Covid Pitcher Mask

jt7663

Reaction score
Take me back to the good old days when the debate was just a Protective mask on a Pitcher / Infielder.
Now I've seen D1 Pitchers & Infielders with "Covid" Masks Don't know how this doesn't limit your field of vision!!

RedsDad

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the NCAA has said it's optional for players to wear these masks while on the field of play, not required. It's required for those not between the lines. Those choosing to wear them while playing must not have experienced problems as a result, as they made the choice to wear them. I was only able to watch a handful of innings from games aired this past week, and both were LSU games being played in very cold temperatures. I'm guessing some of those wearing masks at that venue chose to do so because the masks were actually helping keep them warm. Again, I could be wrong regarding the direction given by the NCAA in this matter, however that's my understanding. If that is accurate however, there's nothing ridiculous about a player making a choice regarding attire that is within the rules, effects no one else, and doesn't adversely effect her play.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DD is a college catcher. She just ordered this Amazon.com : Under Armour Sports Mask Black/Silver Chrome LG/XL : Sports & Outdoors for herself. It seems the Freshman on the team can't stay away from the college parties and are continuously testing positive. As a matter of fact, practices were just suspended until future notice. Needless to say, she's pissed. After having to miss last season due to Covid, working her A$$ off all Summer, Fall, Christmas break, finally getting some sense of normalcy with practicing and looking forward to the season, it may not happen now. Especially since the Ivies which started all of this horsesh!t last year just canceled all their Spring sports again.

Taryn Howard

Reaction score
The Covid face mask could easily be a safety hazard during play in a softball game for obvious reasons. Wearing a mask in between games, off the field should suffice.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Covid face mask could easily be a safety hazard during play in a softball game for obvious reasons. Wearing a mask in between games, off the field should suffice.
how dumb, really.. think about it. you can wear it on the bench. but its ok if you playing you dont need it, OH BUT WAIT - and you must wear it when you walk around outside in the open fresh air and sunshine... why? sorry but this mask crap needs to stop. sorry but i still do not believe one second that these masks do anything to stop covid / flu or anything but make you smell your own bad breathe and make it hard to get oxygen. Ya know,, the thing we need to breathe called oxygen. dumb. NFL players can play and not wear them, baseball, football, basketball.... i guess if you make 6 figures you have little chance of getting that thing called covid. Has anyone or anyone in your family got the FLU this season? I guess not- because they call it covid now. why haven't we worn masks the last 2 or 3 decades during flu season? because they don't work.
rant over

jt7663

Reaction score
So what they're selling is like Russian Roulette! So Covid won't be spread among players on the field as 50% are not wearing masks, but once your in dugout whoaaa!! Mask up because it's everywhere among the same players you are spending maybe 1/2 of everyday with!