12U Coaches Poll Pre Season (3-1-21) RESULTS!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Vote are in ( )

Rank ----Team----Total Pts

1. Lasers Orange 08 (8).......................................112
2. Beverly Bandits '09 (4).....................................96
3. Finesse '08 Munoz ............................................76
4. Ohio Stingrays '08.............................................67
5. Ohio Hawks 08 Hutch.......................................65
6. Thunder Elite Vogan.........................................42
7. Ohio Storm 08 Pollard .....................................41
8. Ohio Outlaws 08 Williams................................36
9. Ohio Wolfpack Wolff.........................................35
10. Ohio Outlaws Masiello ...................................25

Other receiving votes: Rebels 08 Ball (24), Finesse HOF Musser(18), Ohio Hawks Ford (10), Ohio Ice Blue (8) Emeralds 08 (3), Emeralds 09 (2) , ...

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These polls are always a lot of fun! I do appreciate any coaches voting for our team.
Ohio Outlaws / Masiello is a 1st year team. I am a non parent coach, living the dream. ;)
We took a small group of about 5 players that was left from another team, then added about 7 players from all over the place.
We aren't the best but we aren't the worst. lol
I see a lot of talented teams in this age group and I have played almost all of them listed in the top 10.
Looking at the tourney team lists, there are going to be some great battles all summer long!! love 12u!
Good Luck to all teams coaches and players.
Any giving Sunday with this great group of teams!

swilliamson22

Reaction score
Not trying to cause any drama, is Outlaws- Williams an Ohio team? They would certainly have gotten more votes (mine included) but I thought they were out of state. Anyone able to clarify?

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
Not trying to cause any drama, is Outlaws- Williams an Ohio team? They would certainly have gotten more votes (mine included) but I thought they were out of state. Anyone able to clarify?

The Outlaws Williams team is definitely an Ohio Team. Not sure why The Finesse Munoz Team is in the pole. They are definitely a team based out of Michigan.

Last edited:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Outlaws Williams team is definitely an Ohio Team. Not sure why The Finesse Munoz Team is in the pole. They are definitely a team based out of Michigan.

The Finesse Munoz team is registered with USSSA as an Ohio team....

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And since someone Pm'ed me and asked about the Outlaws - Williams team - they are registered as a PA team in USSSA.
And it looks like 2/3 of their roster are girls going to school in PA....

So, IMO, it looks like Finesse should be included in the Ohio poll & Outlaws - Williams should not be included as an Ohio team....

AFranke

Reaction score
Finesse Munoz is an Ohio team. Based out of Toledo, Ohio.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
maybe we need a poll for north eastern USA - put all the surrounding states together for a more national poll. MI- Oh PA WV

swilliamson22

Reaction score
maybe we need a poll for north eastern USA - put all the surrounding states together for a more national poll. MI- Oh PA WV
I like that idea! There are a ton of Ohio players playing outside the state that could be included!

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
I have been thinking... so I'm just throwing this out there... MAYBE we should all vote right here on this site, in the open, instead of sending our votes to Jeff.. What do you guys think?
List your top 10 teams and let everyone see who voted for who... and sign your name and Team and Position with the Team.

MAYBE just maybe we would get a much truer voting... It's just a suggestion to throw out there!

I know this is all for fun but I also know we all take it pretty serious too, and there's nothing wrong with the competitiveness showing through! I just think that we have 20+ pretty good teams that we all see every weekend but we don't get to see everyone. We need more head coaches or team representatives voting. We need to start a tournament Where we ALL go to and play... How fun!

Anyhow, Best of Luck to everyone this Year!!!

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
From what I understand only some events post to that site. Something I feel all events should post to one ranking system. Only true way to see the best teams is have an event and have ALL of them participate. Some guys/gals want to pump their chest about winning but there’s so much more to it than that. What competition are you play, are you loading up with sub pitching, and so on.

I agree a lot of the teams on this list are talented teams and well coached.

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
From what I understand only some events post to that site. Something I feel all events should post to one ranking system. Only true way to see the best teams is have an event and have ALL of them participate. Some guys/gals want to pump their chest about winning but there’s so much more to it than that. What competition are you play, are you loading up with sub pitching, and so on.

I agree a lot of the teams on this list are talented teams and well coached.

Good post Jeff

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
This site helps if you play PGF Tournaments. How do you report scores to this site if you do run a tournament? Just wondering or is it just for PGF run tournaments?

That I am not sure. I know they report others than PGF. My team played in some events that reported to the site for 16u and 18u.

I have always like the rankings but let’s be honest a lot of politics goes into the voting. We all have seen coaches not vote for a team because they lost to them or just don’t like the coach. A true scoring system takes the politics out and allows true scoring system to determine who’s the best.

I know when I was down at 10s and 12s coaches would text me to remind me to vote and make sure I vote for them in the #1 spot. Many times coaches would get pissed because I would vote someone else #1 if I truly felt that team was better.

Reaction score
I have been thinking... so I'm just throwing this out there... MAYBE we should all vote right here on this site, in the open, instead of sending our votes to Jeff.. What do you guys think?
List your top 10 teams and let everyone see who voted for who... and sign your name and Team and Position with the Team.

MAYBE just maybe we would get a much truer voting... It's just a suggestion to throw out there!

I know this is all for fun but I also know we all take it pretty serious too, and there's nothing wrong with the competitiveness showing through! I just think that we have 20+ pretty good teams that we all see every weekend but we don't get to see everyone. We need more head coaches or team representatives voting. We need to start a tournament Where we ALL go to and play... How fun!

Anyhow, Best of Luck to everyone this Year!!!
I second this Jamie, would like to see it done out in the open