Seen this from 3 three sides and have an opinion

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Our school was pay to play. you paid $200 for every sport for every kid you had. Lets be real said:
we pay $150 to play. Then for example we need to purchase a helmet ($35 or so) purchase socks ($8) purchase visor (optional $15) belt ($10). It’s not bad IMO.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have starters going to open gym for basketball currently , we had one of our best hitter miss a game for an out of state AAU hoops tourney on a Friday Pm . ..so dont do that , dont placed your loyalties anywhere other than the current team you play for .

i draw the line there! school sports do come first when they are "in season". I do not agree with AAU hoops tourney during a school season sport that you signed up for. That right there gets you a free seat on the bench for a game or two. Or removed from the team until next season.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
heck our school district cant even pass a levy. just failed this week AGAIN. has failed about every single year i have lived here and i went to the same school.... every levy fails. We had money way back free stimulus money interest free 50% of the school paid for.... FAILED. unreal. 2 kids in softball = $400 just to play? that right there almost makes it not worth the hassle in my mind, but its not my choice because its not my game.

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
The helmet is yours for 4 years. It shouldn't be a big deal for anyone on hear to buy a helmet Freshman year.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The helmet is yours for 4 years. It shouldn't be a big deal for anyone on hear to buy a helmet Freshman year.
maybe the school and the sports boosters should allocate more funds evenly across ALL the sports programs --- not just the boys teams - football team gets a new scoreboard ( the old one worked just fine) and new equipment and uniforms a lot more often than the girls sports get anything... dont push it onto the families because we already pay too much to participate in a school sport. $200 per kid per sports. That $200 per kid cant buy helmets?

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. The rec league is next on the agenda with coach's clinics to be scheduled and some players clinics with the HS team helping out, Finally got the Booster club going and they're fundraising as we speak. Hopefully they'll be able to raise enough to get matching helmets and batpacks for every current and incoming player. But we need new uniforms badly. They have to come first. We're mot due for 2 more years and they only order whatever is rostered on the current team that year. That means if we had 12 that year, they'll order 12 and God forbid if we have 19 the following year because we'll be relegated to wearing the 25 year old uniforms which there are 20 of.

Thats brings back memories... Our A.D. tried to bill me 85.00 dollars for my DD's lost jersey that had to be at least 10 yrs old. I played for a Demarini sponsored mens team at the time and talked our rep into 6 helmets for the H.S. and catching equipment to replace the stuff that looked like it was 30 yrs old.