12U Coaches Poll Week 7 (6-7-21) Get Your Votes In !!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Submit your top 10 to me by Wednesday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.
Must include teams #1-10 in your vote.

I will post results around Noon on Thursday.

You can PM me or email me at my EMAIL ADDRESS : jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

kidbuckeye

Reaction score
Lasers Orange was off this past weekend. We will be at Laser Nation this weekend. Here is our season schedule:

PGF Super Select Fall Championship- Indianapolis, IN
PGF Fall Futures
Turf Wars
Diamond Chix Pumpkin Smash
PGF Super Select
Veteran's Memorial
Firefighters Memorial
Laser Nation
Ohio Blast Father's Day Classic
5 Alarm Classic
USFA World Series- Panama City Beach, FL
Ohio Emerald's Showdown
Celine Wyatt Scholarship
North American World Series

Lasers Orange Record 29-7-1
vs Ohio teams 18-3-1
vs Out of State teams 11-4

***Key Wins***
Tennessee Mojo 2026
Indiana Gators Premier-Meyer
Stingrays 08
Finesse - Munoz x 3
Ohio Hawks- Ford
Outlaws- Masiello
Wolfpack-Wolff
Pittsburgh Spirit Gold
Firecrackers-Klonica
Thunder Elite-Vogan
IMG Bennett/Goddard
Finesse-Davis
WV Sting 08

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
What a Great Weekend... We won the Valley Extreme Summer Starter Tournament going 2-0-1 in pool play and 6-0-1 for the weekend outscored our opponents 64-4.

Katie Lippencott pitched a perfect game this weekend.

On Saturday we batted over 500 as a team!

Sadie Edwards pitched the championship game and had a complete game shutout winning 12-0 over Emeralds 08 Sirohman.

Great Team Victory!

Overall Record 54-12-2
Friday
Lasers Tournament up next
MI Batbusters 9:45am F#23
OH Thunder 11:30am F#23
Lasers Orange 4:45pm F#23

Saturday
Pittsburgh Lady Roadrunners 3:00pm F#26
USSSA Pride Navy 4:45pm F#22
OH Hawks - Barnett 6:30pm F#23

swilliamson22

Reaction score
OhioEmeralds’09
Coaches:
Steve Williamson, Drew Rainey and Maddie Johnston
Record 45-27-1

This past weekend we played at T-Town Showdown which had 2 teams ranked ahead of us in the polls from last week. We finished 4-1, T3 with a disappointing loss to a solid Cobras 08 team in a semifinals game we lead the entire way. Congrats to Dave Granchi and his team for playing hard and having integrity! He’s a class act!

Next weekend we picked up a trip to Firestone Stadium instead of our off weekend. Then we attend PGF MOJO Invitational in Tennessee and 5-alarm Fastpitch to close the month of June.

Around the area in the softball world looked like Wolfpack’08, Lasers Black and Storm 08 had nice weekends. Good luck to everyone this weekend! ☘️

Richard Smith

Reaction score
The Storm 08 played up in the 14U this past weekend at the 2021 Peace Officer's Memorial and won the 14U Championship. The team played well against 06 & 07 teams, going 4-0 and earning the overall #1 seed going into bracket play. The team hit the ball really well, and the pitchers did a great job pitching from 43 feet. The Storm outhit opponents 40-20, outscored opponents 34-8, hit 23 singles, 11 doubles, 3 triples and 3 home runs. We will be at Lasers this weekend with 2 pool games on Friday and 4 games on Saturday. Good luck to all teams.

2021 Peace Officer's Memorial- Champions
Pool - Storm 2 Blaze 14U 1
Pool - Storm 16 Mavericks 14U 0
Bracket - Storm 8 Vortex 14U 5
Championship Game- Storm 8 Ohio Ice Orange '06 2

Upcoming schedule
Lasers Showcase- Berliner
Sheer Madness- North Ridgeville
5-Alarm Classic- Orrville
Firecracker Classic- Ashland
USSSA Road to the Beach Nationals - Ft. Walton Beach

Reaction score
The Lasers Black 09 team went 6-2 this past weekend, finishing 4th @ 11u USSSA North vs South tournament in Georgetown, Ky. In the heat and down a player, the team battled all weekend, playing 8 games in 2 days, including 5 on Saturday with the final 3 games being back to back. In the loser’s bracket on Sunday and facing potentially 6 games all back to back, in the 3rd game we faced a strong pitching and hitting Kentucky Chrome team who ended our run.

It was a fun and successful weekend overall, with our only losses coming against the 2nd and 3rd place teams.

We are back at it this weekend at the 7 game guarantee Lasers tournament @ Berliner in Columbus.

11u North vs South

Pool Play
W vs Bluegrass Force 09 9-3
W vs Kentucky Freedom 3-2

Elimination
W vs Central Kentucky Edge 09 13-2
L vs Tennessee Fury 09 4-2
W vs Ohio Hawks 09 10-2
W vs Bluegrass Force 09 6-3
W vs Indiana Magic Gold 09 4-2
L vs Kentucky Chrome 09 1-7

Congratulations to Jamie and the Wolfpack 08 team for another tournament win!

steve77621

Reaction score
Yes, congratulations Wolfpack 08! My team is only 10u but I came over and so did a couple of my players and watched a couple innings of your team as well as one of the Emeralds 08 pool play games and was very impressed. Double elimination is brutal in that heat. Trying to play 7 to 8 games in 2 days is a true testament of depth. On Sunday I used 5 different pitchers and 3 catchers and they were all spent by the finals. I don’t know what we were going to do had we have had to play the “IF” game.

Fillie Nation

Reaction score
Ohio Hawks 08-Fyffe
13-2 on the season

May 29-30
Dayton Metro Tournament
6-1 record
Tournament champs (Beat Hawks-Ford)

June 4-6
Cap City Tournament
7-1 record
Finished 2nd to the Indians Irish in extra innings.
Key Victories over: Ohio Thunder 08, Ohio Express, Indiana Irish

We will be at Lasers this weekend.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohio Outlaws 12u / Masiello

2021 spring summer record 17-6

5 of 6 losses are from top 10 Ohio teams and 1 Team PA Calippa (which we have beat twice before in bracket play)

Weekend recap:
Ohio Outlaws originally had the weekend off BUT the girls wanted to get into a tourney instead of practicing!
We played in the 20th annual Maple leaf tourney in Rootstown and Streetsboro Ohio. I have to say as a coach, this last weekend was a true story teller of how much this team and players have improved since we first put this team together last fall. We push the girls to compete even when your confidence is low; you have to compete to succeed and to regain your confidence. We demand the team give HUGE effort at all times during the game and under no circumstances will we ever quit. The adjustments this team made from one game to the next was simply amazing to me. I want to let you all know how proud I am seeing your improvement and your efforts of late ladies! This team is still building chemistry and we have so much more to improve on, but we are definitely getting stronger and better every week as 1 team. This weekend showed me your commitment to the game and to your teammates. I am proud to be your coach!

It’s very refreshing to have a group of players and parents that are not selfish and understand their roles on this team.

They know TEAM comes first. With that said------

We are the Tournament Champions with an awesome 7-0 run!
Offensively we were on fire all weekend and we played a lot of awesome defense and our pitching staff killed it with 37 k’s and only giving up 10 runs all weekend! We had a couple double plays and one of the cleanest 6-4-3 double plays I have seen at 12u. There were amazing catches in the grey zone and in the outfield and huge efforts in the Championship game especially that helped secure the victory! Here are some totals:

7 games played – 7 games won

63 hits
46 singles
8 doubles
5 triples
4 home runs and 1 being a grand slam!
58 RBI’s
77 runs scored
10 stolen bases
giving up only 10 total runs on the weekend!

We also played an extra game vs. a strong 14U team which we won 9-3!!

The schedule is now set for the next 3 weeks and I believe this team is ready to battle the competition!
D1 Super Select is next on the list this weekend!
GO OUTLAWS!

Last edited:

MSirohman

Reaction score
Ohio Emeralds 08-Sirohman (Since April 1) Overall record 24-9

VALLEY EXTREME SUMMER STARTER (double elimination): 6-2 on the weekend finishing in 2nd place (lost to Wolfpack Wolff in the championship)

We went 3-0 in pool play defeating Ice Blue (5-0), Pittsburgh Power (3-0) and Ohio Energy (8-0).
In bracket play we defeated Pittsburgh Power (8-7), Ice Blue (8-3), lost to Wolfpack Wolff (8-1), defeated Pittsburgh Power (9-5) and lost to Wolfpack Wolff (12-0) in the championship.
Overall we had a good run playing well in all phases through Saturday. Sunday our mental/physical stamina started to drop and we made too many mistakes all day. When we give great teams like the Wolfpack extra outs we got the expected result.
Still a great weekend of softball.

This weekend we travel to PA to take on a variety of Pennsylvania teams in the ACS classic in Pittsburgh. 6 gg, with up to 9 games total.

FIRESTONE FRENZY (Akron, Ohio)
In pool play beat Wizards Gold Hady (4-1), Ohio Energy Percassi (5-0), Explosive (9-1)
In bracket played beat Stark Raiders (11-3), lost to Mid Ohio Bullets (9-3)
***Although I don't usually comment, I was impressed with 3 additional teams that I was not familiar with previously. Wizards Gold, Mid Ohio Bullets and USSSA Pride Navy were extremely well coached good teams. The USSSA Navy team went 7-0 and defeated an excellent Cobras 08 team in the finals.

May Mayhem May 14-16 (Streetsboro/Rootstown)
In pool play beat Thunder Elite Marlatt (16-0), beat Willoughby Starzz (12-0), Lost to Cobras 08 (11-10)
In bracket play beat Chardon Storm (10-5), beat Ice Blue (2-1), beat Ohio Warriors 08 (3-1), lost to Cobras 08 in Championship (6-3)

May 12-Beat Manchester Pride (8-2) in a friendly

WILDCAT PRIDE ENQ May 1-2

In pool play, beat Racers 09 (12-3), lost to Texas Glory (PA) (12-2)
In bracket play beat Outlaws Futures (8-5) and lost to Wolfpack-Wolff (4-3)

HOF Classic April 9-11

We finished as a 1 seed, defeating Outlaws Trbovich (5-3) and Akron Racers 08 (8-1) in pool play. We lost to Thunder Elite-Slyvester 4-0 in our first game.
In bracket play we defeated Finesse-Kubacki (15-2); and Emeralds 09 (11-3); We lost the championship (7-6) to Silver Creek Prospects 08 (PA Team)

Friendlies on April 25:
Defeated Phantoms (15-2); and Defeated Cobras 08-Granchi (8-5)

CobrasGranchi

Reaction score
OhioEmeralds’09
Coaches:
Steve Williamson, Drew Rainey and Maddie Johnston
Record 45-27-1

This past weekend we played at T-Town Showdown which had 2 teams ranked ahead of us in the polls from last week. We finished 4-1, T3 with a disappointing loss to a solid Cobras 08 team in a semifinals game we lead the entire way. Congrats to Dave Granchi and his team for playing hard and having integrity! He’s a class act!

Next weekend we picked up a trip to Firestone Stadium instead of our off weekend. Then we attend PGF MOJO Invitational in Tennessee and 5-alarm Fastpitch to close the month of June.

Around the area in the softball world looked like Wolfpack’08, Lasers Black and Storm 08 had nice weekends. Good luck to everyone this weekend! ☘️
Thanks Steve. Appreciate the kind words. Great game!

CobrasGranchi

Reaction score
Cobras 08 this spring/summer 23-3. 4 tournaments played so far. 4 Championship games. 2-2 in those games.

Tournament #4 was the T-Town showdown in Tallmadge. Cobras 08 went 6-0 on the weekend defeating
Pool Play:
Akron Racers 09
Silver Creek Magno
Explosive Morrison
Bracket Play:
Fire Fastpitch
Ohio Emeralds 09 in a walk off come from behind win in semis
Silver Creek Magno in championship.
As mentioned, it was hot. We were beat up pretty bad but we found a way to win. Super proud of our girls.

Tournament #3 went 6-1 in Firestone Frenzy in Akron OH.
Pool Play wins:
Racers 08
Ohio Blast 08
Marlins 08

Bracket Play wins:
Thunder Elite Sylvester
Cobras 09
Wizards Gold 08 Hady
Lost in championship to USSSA Pride Navy. Very impressive team here.

Tournament #2 went 7-0 in May Mayhem tournament.
Pool Play wins:
Ohio Rebels Aliff
Ohio Rebels Coza
Ohio Emeralds Sirohman

Bracket play wins:
Ohio Rebels Myers
Erie Frost 08
Silver Creek Schneider
Ohio Emeralds Sirohman in championship

Tournament #1 went 4-2 in Mogadore Wildcat Classic
Pool Play:
Loss to Mavericks
Win over Ohio Outlaws Trbovich
Bracket Play:
Wins over Ohio Ice Blue
Racers 08
Finesse HOF Musser
Lost to Wolfpack Wolff in championship

Reaction score
Finesse Musser 12U was off this past weekend. We are currently 39-25-2 and will be at the D1 Super Select tourney with games against;
Outlaws Williams 08
Team PA Kowalski
PA Strikers Nitka
Bracket Outlaws Frengel
Hopefully by the end of June we will be close to fully healthy and more consistent at the plate

Reaction score
A little late…. But Finesse Munoz was off this weekend and will be back at it for the next 5 weekends in a row! Starting with the Lasers Invite this weekend! Our team is excited to get back on the field and play ball!! Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend