batting

1. B

Batting technique, does it matter?

Hitting and batting. Is it different than baseball or about the same? Is there a specific technique to a nice hit? Do fundamentals really matter? Watch this video and you tell me your opinion..
  2. B

8 softball batting common mistakes, bet you're guilty of a few

8 Common Hitting Mistakes (And How To Correct Them) Hitting a softball is arguably one of the hardest techniques to master, in any sport. Even after players learn and understand the basic mechanics of the swing, it’s very common for them to develop bad habits that hamper their hitting...
  3. Mike Pauline

Indoor League All Sports Denn - Fall Cage Games!!

Saturdays beginning on November 7th, 2020 at the All Sports Denn in East Palestine. Cut off to register is November 1st. 1862 OH-165 East Palestine, OH 44413 10U thru 18U Double-headers each week for 5 weeks, then playoffs. 11 game guarantee! $250 entry fee. Games will start at 1:00pm on...
  4. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders team competition practice

FIELDING: THAT GAME DRILL We have called this drill "that game" because my daughter and I don't have a name for it. You split your team into 3 teams it works well with 12 players and 2 coaches. One team goes to the outfield, one team playes the infield and the other team is up to bat. One coach...
  5. SoftballBomb

Identifying the pitch

Can someone explain how to identify the pitch? What type of indicators may give the batter a advantage? I’m sure this depends on individual pitchers, different pitchers would have tendencies that may help the batter identify the pitch more easier than other pitchers.
  6. B

Indoor Training Facility in Stark County

Butlers Barn still has several opening during the week and a few time slots on the weekends. We book 2 or 3 hour time slots and we can accommodate up to 24 players comfortably. We have 2 batting cages and 1 pitching lane. We provide everything you need for your team practice. Individual...
  7. Admin

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Softball Player Hitting Slump

Needs some help, daughter who has played Fastpitch Softball now for 3 years and has always been one the best hitters on her team. Is now struggle to even make contact at the plate. She 12 years old, power hitter.
  8. Admin

Fastpitch Softball Tactics, Best way to stop offense momentum?

Fastpitch Softball Tactics, Best way to stop offense momentum? What methods have you used with success when your on defense to slow down the offense momentum. I'm sure that most Girls Fastpitch Softball Team Coaches will say the best way to shut down the girls batting, is by getting some...
  9. Admin

Fastpitch Softball batting gloves, why does the girls use them?

Fastpitch Softball batting gloves, do the girls use them? I understand why the girls on your softball teams used them when bases running. But when batting are they really needed? How does wearing batters gloves help? #TeamTSZ
  10. Admin

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Should Softball batters adjust positions in the batter box? And Why?

When watching older girls at bat, I see then moving up or back in the batter box. Not really sure if their trying to throw the pitcher off balance? Or if they have a read on the pitcher? Why do I see this more with older players? And only see it in younger players when the Coaches...
  11. Admin

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Weight distribution when a Softball player swings the Bat?

What is the proper weight shift when a Girl Fastpitch Batter is swinging her bat at the plate. 1.) Should she have more weight on her back leg? * Note, when I was working with younger girls in Youth League Softball. We always told them to pick up there front legs during the swing to get more...
  12. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Hitter is Under Loading, here a tips that may help

HITTING: UNDER-LOADING TIP My tip for under-loading is:Take a few large dowels (hardware or building store) and get some pipe insulation (black Styrofoam like) and duct tape. Cut the dowels to the appropriate length and put pipe insulation on the hitting end of the dowel, cover the insulation...
  13. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Practicing with my three girls at home I found it fun to pitch them tennis balls

HITTING: ALL PURPOSE TENNIS BALLS TIP While practicing with my three girls at home I found it fun to pitch them tennis balls. You can pitch them very hard, they don't hurt if the batter gets hit, and a solid contact really jumps off the bat. Tennis balls are excellent aids for kids who develop...
  14. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Swing faults and some methods to correcting them "Wild Swing"

Swing fault and some methods to correcting them Wild Swing Another classic. The sluggers often fall into this trap. They try to knock the cover off the ball and sometimes actually crush one, with some luck. yet, most often the results is an crucial out. To help here, I use a simple aid...
  15. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Swing faults and some methods to correcting them "Late Swing"

Swing fault and some methods to correcting them Late Swing This one is classic, especially with younger (12 & under) players. Too often the batter is instructed to keep his "eye on the ball" and to actually watch the bat make contact. Well that's just what he is trying to do. As a result...
  16. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Swing faults and some methods to correcting them "Dipping the Bat"

HITTING: * * Swing faults and some methods to correcting them * * The Batting Dip Over the years, like many coaches, I have taught players to keep their back elbow up, thinking that it would help the to move the bat faster through the swing. Well, what I found was that at the start of the...
  17. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion The Mentality of a Good Hitting Team

The Mentality of a Good Hitting Team Through all the hitting theory (inward turn, knee cock, rotation system, Lau system, hands start the swing, hips start the swing, etc.) there is one constant: to be a good hitter you have to be aggressive. The team should have an aggressive attitude and...
  18. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Does the top hand pretty much controls your swing ?

HITTING: HAND POSITION FOR HITTING TIP I explain and demonstrate to my players that the top hand pretty much controls your swing. If the palm faces up on the swing, chances are you'll under-cut the ball or hit a fly ball. If the palm faces down on the swing, chances are you hit down in...
  19. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Focus as a Hitter, your brains is gathered information to Hit

HITTING: FOCUS POSITION TIP I picked this tip up from a Higher Ground hitting video. The majority of information received by our brains is gathered through our eyes. As a hitter, it is crucial that the head, and therefore the eyes, be in the proper position. With your athletes in a...
  20. TheSoftballZone

Hitting and Hitters Discussion Following these tips you should notice your batting becoming more consistent

HITTING: Next Time your Batting Next Time your Batting By following these tips you should notice your batting becoming more consistent and controllable. Relax: When you step up to the plate and take your batting stance, take a deep breath and relax. Relax your stance, hands and...