catchers

1. J

Where do i post need for a catcher?

Please respond- new to this I have a high school pitcher speeds 50-59mph She is in need of a catcher for a college camp. Message me if interested. thanks!! Jen R.
  2. Todd A. Mariani

14 Under Tryouts SLUGGERS FASTPITCH OPEN TRYOUT

NEXT TRYOUT DATE: WEDNESDAY 11 AUG 2021
  3. Todd A. Mariani

14 Under Tryouts SLUGGERS FASTPITCH 14U TRYOUTS

SLUGGERS FASTPITCH is now scheduling Private tryouts for our 2022 14u team. We are located in the Youngstown, Ohio area and have a great indoor facility for our winter training. Our Team is moving up to 14u division next year after coming off a very successful season. We only have a limited...
  4. Rerun

What’s the Best way and Fastest way to break in a new Catchers mitt?

What’s the Best way and Fastest way to break in a new Catchers mitt?
  5. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Working on the Pickoff

Working on the Pickoff This is a good drill for all aspects of stealing. Put players at each of the infield positions. Have the rest of the team put on helmets and line up at 1st base. The baserunners will each run the bases in this pattern: lead off, steal. Only one runner on the bases at...
  6. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Footwork getting in the throwing position

CATCHERS: Throwing Footwork Teaches the catcher to get to the proper throwing position quickly and with proper technique. Equipment: Catchers gear and ball. Catchers pair up. One throws and one catches. The catcher assumes her stance as if there is a runner on base. Feet spread , rear end...
  7. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers physical strain on the catcher

CATCHING: CATCHER'S CIRCLE DRILL I have briefly detailed one of these drills on the fourm (I will post more later). However, there is one rule that I use with my catchers: They will perform every drill with chest protector & shin guards on (sometimes a mask but it can get pretty hot.) The...
  8. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catchers in the dirt and pop ups

CATCHING: REPETITION DRILL The best thing for catchers is repetion, throw 50 balls in the dirt for blocking the plate, make them throw 50 to second off the pitch. A good one for flies is have them crouch with the coach on his knees in front off her, with ball in hand stretched out so the...
  9. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Speed and accuracy for catcher

CATCHING: TRIO DRILL Hi, I've been playing softball for 6 years and just started catching 2 years ago. On our team we do a drill that involves the catcher, the pitcher and the short stop. What happens is the pitcher pitches the ball, when the catcher catches it the pitcher drops to the ground...
  10. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catcher blocking the ball

One the best drill for catchers is to set up the pitching machine at the pitchers mound and to shoot the balls into the ground just behind home plate and in front of home plate, in full gear of course. Inside drill is to tie catchers hands behind there back and throw sponge balls into the floor...
  11. SoftballBomb

Catching and Catchers discussion Working with young catchers

During my years in High School I volunteer with my old youth league to help train young players. It was a great experience that I really enjoyed. I’m not really sure how I was selected as the instructor for the catchers since I played SS since I pickup my dads golf balls and try throwing them...
  12. D

Boombah Brute rolling bag - brand new

Selling Brute rolling bat bag from Boombah. Navy and red. Never used and still in bag. $70 and I will pay shipping. PM me if interested.
  13. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers Whats the proper Catchers Distance from home plate?

Watching a game today, and the catchers were playing extremely deep away from home plate. They were at least 3 - 4 feet away from the back side of Home Plate. It was two 10 under girl teams playing and maybe the age made a difference with how deep the catchers were playing. When I was...
  14. H

Legends 18u looking for pitchers and catchers

Legends 18U is currently looking for another pitcher and catcher to add to our solid team. We are based out of Xenia ohio. We currently are holding a few practices this fall. No fall ball, due to too many commitments by alot of these girls. Our tournament season kicks into full swing after...
  15. H

Legends 18u looking for pitchers and catchers

Legends 18u team is currently looking for two more positions to fill our solid team. We are in need of another pitcher. We could also use another catcher. Based out of Xenia area with girls from various cities around the area. Please contact Joe Turner at 9378770873 or turnercrosscut@yahoo.com
  16. Coach03

Where did all the catchers go??????

Any catchers out there looking for innings, Cincy Doom 03 might just be the place for you. We are looking for an athletic girl who is willing to catch. Great coaching staff to help you develop your catching skills to the next level. We have open practices. Please contact me 513-317-4104 or...
  17. H

Legends 18u ,pitchers and catchers

Legends 18u team is putting together a solid roster. Looking for another pitcher to add to our team. We are also in need of catcher. We will not be playing fallball, just some practices and the occasional scrimmage this fall. We are based out of the Xenia area , with girls from beavercreek...
  18. H

Legends 18u

Legends 18u is currently looking for a couple more girls to fill out our team. We are in need of a solid pitcher to add to our team. We are also in search of another catcher. We are based out of Xenia. We have girls from Beavercreek, Wilmington, Xenia, Springfield. We will not be playing fall...
  19. Admin

Catching and Catchers discussion Girl Softball - Lefty Catcher

Has anyone seen successful softball lefty catcher? If so at what level? Travel Ball, College? I've seen a few lefty at 3rd base and short stop. But only one left handed catcher at the Travel Ball level. #TeamTSZ
  20. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Catchers A Catcher's Checklist

Catcher's Checklist I. Position/Setting Up Catcher positions herself arm's length from the batter. In a squat position, feet slightly wider than hips. Give a large target to the pitcher. Hold still and stay low. No runners on base, butt can rest on heels. Runners on base, butt...