covid-19

1. Rerun

What will Softball look like in 2021

We always discuss current issues and events on the forum. Let take a look ahead into the future of softball moving into 2021. What do you believe 2021 will look like? Will using live stream still be as widely used as it was in 2020. Will College Coach’s keep using live stream to watch...
  2. Rerun

$20 gate fees or minimum of $200 a team @ Kentucky tournament

A Kentucky tournament director is charging a $20 gate fee or a minimum of $200 per team. This Tournament Director claims these fees were necessary due to the extra staff and meeting the state's Covid-19 guidelines.
  3. Rerun

College players now transferring because Financial aid is being pulled due to COVID-19

As it COVID-19 has caused enough problems now this. I’m really feeling sorry for the College Softball Player’s. Now school are pulling Financial Aid package due to lack of available funds and girls are seeking transfer to school that aren’t in Financial trouble.
  4. TheSoftballZone

Losing hope for travel ball season due to covid - 19

Is anyone to the point that they're really starting to worry about the summer season? I don't even coach and it's looking like what ever hope I had for playing ball is slowing fading away. I'm sure, I'm not the only one feeling this way.
  5. TheSoftballZone

Is Illinois going to have summer ball

If everyine remembers Governor JB Pritzker from Illinois announced in the beginning of May or late April that no summer sports would happen in Illinois meaning no softball in Illinois. Did anyone hear if the lawsuit was successful or not?
  6. TheSoftballZone

What type of waivers are TD asking parents to sign due to covid 19

I was wonder whats the wording on the waivers that TD are asking parents or Coaches to sign? Are teams asking parents and Players to sign waivers?
  7. Rerun

COVID - 19 aftermath, extending Contracts, Tryouts for 2021 Softball Season

Coronavirus has affected everything softball and a lot of other sports as well. I just spent about 20 minutes talking with a volleyball mother that shared what Club Volleyball Teams/organizations are currently doing due to COVID - 19. Of course I always enjoying getting feedback from other...
  8. TheSoftballZone

COVID -19 tournaments aftermath

COVID -19 aftermath, scrambling may be a understatement for Coaches, Organizations and tournament directors trying to work post Coronavirus. I'm sure everyone is overwelm trying to come up with Creative Solutions to either find available tournaments to play or tournament directors trying to host...
  9. 24GahannaLadyLions7

Post-Covid

What Ball looked like after coronavirus.... Finally got my team out on the field to play ball in an actually tournament this weekend. It was an out-of-state tournament. Coming into the tournament, I was concerned about my girls, the gameplay, masks, the interactions between players, umpires...
  10. Y

Umpires...Will You Call Games This Summer?

After talking with more than my share of umpires across the country, many have said that they and their fellow umpires are in the high risk group for Covid-19 and will not call a game until 2021. Others have told me depending upon the tournament guidelines they might call games and yet another...