fielder's

1. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Game of horse for softball

Team Game: Horse for Softball Place three balls Four feet apart down the 3rd base line. Place a runner from "Team A" on 3rd base Place fielders on 3rd base and 2nd base "Team B" "Team A" runner must reach 2nd base before the fielder fields and throws all 3 balls to the fielder at second base...
  2. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Gets her in shape and be alert the whole time.

My Coach this year taught our team this drill. You have to divide your team up into 3 groups. The first group stands between first base and second base. The second group stands at short stop. The third groupstands at home plate. A coach and the catcher stand a little to the side of the plate...
  3. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fine tune her throwing form

In watching warm ups and in particular, throwing warm ups, the main problem I spotted in players trying to make the team was their throwing motion. Granted, some of the players had been taught the correct form for throwing the ball, but a lot had absolutely horrid form. Here are a few drills to...
  4. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Infielder's learning to get rid of the ball quickly

FIELDING: STAR DRILL GAME This is a drill that I think we all have used, it just slipped my mind when I was doing this site. Thanks to Scott Otto for bringing it to my attention!! You get your infielder's at their position (except the pitcher). The ball starts at the catcher, she throws to the...
  5. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Improve the mental aspect of your fielding skills

FIELDING: SITUATIONS DRILL One drill that our coaches use with us is where the infield takes their positions and the coach makes up situations for us. Like...A runner on 1st and 2nd...2 outs...and then she hits the ball to us making us like its a real situation and we have to figure out what to...
  6. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Relay throwing the ball

FIELDING: RELAY THROW DRILL Have the players line up in a line stretching to the outfield. Have the first player throw the ball to the glove side of the second player in the line. Do the same for the rest of the players. This teaches the proper location for the relay throw and also teaches...
  7. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fun drill for fielder's

Ram Game Cones are set just behind baseline and 15-20 feet apart. Coach tries to hit balls past the two fielder teams. Bobbles are OK as long as ball doesn't pass the cones. When fielders miss ball, the next team is up. Fielders can either be at same depth, or one can move closer to the...
  8. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fielding indoor softball game

FIELDING: KNOCK OUT GAME When my team is stuck in the gym for a couple of days it's hard to keep up their interest. I do an X-out drill where the team is divided into two teams and stands on the corner of gym on opposing corners. Each coach stands on the opposite end at the corners and...
  9. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders FIELDING GUTS GAME work on fielding

FIELDING: GUTS GAME The girls have created their own names for this drill - guts, kill your teammate, the grounder game. Simply divide the girls into two teams. Have the teams form two lines about 40 to 60 feet apart, with players shoulder to shoulder three feet apart. Place something two feet...
  10. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Quantity of repetition will increase your fielder's ability

Consistent Fielding work Most coaches have a universal solution to the problem of infielders committing fielding errors. The solution is quantity of repetition. The more an individual practices a physical skill the better chance one has of repeating the skill successfully in a ball game. This...