firstbase

1. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Have everyone participate on fielding, catching and throwing.

Have everyone spread out evenly into a deep infield position. One player on first and I use another player for backup to the first baseman. Have an assistant be the catcher or you could use another player. Start the drill by coach saying ready. This is a que for getting all the players into a...
  2. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Infielder's learning to get rid of the ball quickly

FIELDING: STAR DRILL GAME This is a drill that I think we all have used, it just slipped my mind when I was doing this site. Thanks to Scott Otto for bringing it to my attention!! You get your infielder's at their position (except the pitcher). The ball starts at the catcher, she throws to the...
  3. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Underhand shovel toss

There are many instances where the underhand shovel toss is the proper throw for an infielder. The first baseman shovels the ball to the pitcher covering first base. The middle infielders use the underhand toss for plays around second base. As the fielder fields the ball she doesn't stand...
  4. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fielding Drill game for Short Stop

FIELDING: BARNEY GAME I got this drill from our current Hitting Coach, Coach Burney. It is the most fun game we play and the players absolutely LOVE IT!!! You get a Barney (or any other stuffed animal, but Barney works the best because they hate him) and put him on a chair by 1st base. If you...