games

1. Rerun

Best place to watch softball or softball games

What the best place to watch softball on? I found a few interesting things on YouTube. What others ways can we watch softball?
  2. J

Spring League at Spano Dome

SSIDL Spring league Feb. 28 - April 18 Update:Registration ends Feb. 4 Still need 4 more 10u teams Great way to work on skills during the winter Games every Sunday at the Spano Dome (dirt fields) Contact Chuck Short 330-256-1038 or register at www.indoorfastpitch.com
  3. TheSoftballZone

Umpires Available for Scrimmages & Friendly

If your a Umpire Available for Scrimmages & Friendly and looking for extra work leave your name and contact information by replying to this thread.
  4. TheSoftballZone

Skilled players and great softball athletes but lack of game awareness

Thanks Joe Abraham for this topic. Joe had brought up when watching live stream games a couple interesting points. He brought up the fact that the girls keep improving as softball players and athletes but they lack game situation awareness. Teams we're missing opportunities for the second out...
  5. Rerun

thunder ending the game in the 6th inning of pool play

Pool Play home team up to bat we’re in the 6 inning. Home team is behind by 1 run they gave up the lead in the 5th inning. Thunder starts and after 1 hour the TD calls the game and reverts back to the 5th inning. Then 10 minutes later they resume play on all diamonds. Is this common practice in...
  6. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Ultimate Softball

Our team played "Ultimate Softball" at some recent practices. We had teams of 3 play against another squad of 3 on a basketball court. Using "Ultimate Frisbee" rules, a team would have to advance the ball to the opposite endline by a series of throws and successful catches. We set tight rules...
  7. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Game of horse for softball

Team Game: Horse for Softball Place three balls Four feet apart down the 3rd base line. Place a runner from "Team A" on 3rd base Place fielders on 3rd base and 2nd base "Team B" "Team A" runner must reach 2nd base before the fielder fields and throws all 3 balls to the fielder at second base...
  8. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fun drill for fielder's

Ram Game Cones are set just behind baseline and 15-20 feet apart. Coach tries to hit balls past the two fielder teams. Bobbles are OK as long as ball doesn't pass the cones. When fielders miss ball, the next team is up. Fielders can either be at same depth, or one can move closer to the...
  9. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Improve the players reaction time

FIELDING: PEPPER GAME The name of this game is Pepper. A coach gathers a small group of players which are only a few feet from her. The coach then hits or bunts the ball to the players in any random order, then the players must use quick reactions to retrieve the ball and accuracy to pitch...
  10. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fielding indoor softball game

FIELDING: KNOCK OUT GAME When my team is stuck in the gym for a couple of days it's hard to keep up their interest. I do an X-out drill where the team is divided into two teams and stands on the corner of gym on opposing corners. Each coach stands on the opposite end at the corners and...
  11. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders FIELDING GUTS GAME work on fielding

FIELDING: GUTS GAME The girls have created their own names for this drill - guts, kill your teammate, the grounder game. Simply divide the girls into two teams. Have the teams form two lines about 40 to 60 feet apart, with players shoulder to shoulder three feet apart. Place something two feet...
  12. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fielding Catching the bouncing ball

FIELDING: BOUNCE TOY TIP I came accross a fun little toy ... a spherical bunch of balls randomly put together like a bunch of molecules. It bounces every which way and very good for eye hand coordination and reaction. I get the athletes in a small circle and they call the ball and must catch...
  13. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fielding Drill game for Short Stop

FIELDING: BARNEY GAME I got this drill from our current Hitting Coach, Coach Burney. It is the most fun game we play and the players absolutely LOVE IT!!! You get a Barney (or any other stuffed animal, but Barney works the best because they hate him) and put him on a chair by 1st base. If you...
  14. T

League Play Late Winter Softball League (Columbus, OH)

I am looking to have an indoor softball league for February and March at Stars Indoor Sports. 9v9 format with high ceilings and full turf field. The cost per team is $695 and you get 6 guaranteed games with an umpire. With the high school season approaching, I am really looking for 8u, 10u, 12u...
  15. T

Indoor Tournament Need a JV Level Team and a Varsity Level Team

My name is Tommy Fuller and I am the Sports Director at Stars Indoor Sports in Columbus, Ohio. I am in need of a JV level or u13-u15 team to play against a JV team that is in my indoor league. This is a Double Header and the cost is $100/game! The games are on Sunday, January 20th at 11am and...
  16. T

Indoor Winter Softball League

I am the Sports Director at Stars Indoor Sports in Columbus, Ohio. We run an indoor softball league for u10-u18 softball. We are currently running a league for High School Girls on Sunday afternoons and I had a team drop out after a week because they couldn't roster a team for the whole session...
  17. R

Hitting League Cage Hit League 16U/18U- Teams Needed

18. Acherry23

10u, Class C Team looking for Friendlies in May

10u, Class C team, looking for friendlies to play in May. We are located in Grove City, Ohio. We are willing to travel, within reason, to play. Please email acherry0624@gmail.com if interested.
  19. ofcheat02

12U / 14U Friendlies - Cincinnati area May13

OFC Heat is hosting friendlies for 12u/14U ages. Get some quality games in early at a low cost. 1st 4 teams in each age group. Send me a PM or email me at jmconleymmm@hotmail.com if interested. Need payment to lock you in. Date: Saturday May 13 Cost: $100/team includes 3 games, ump fee, and game...
  20. T

14u Friendly

This Sunday Nov. 6th at Fryer Park in Grove City Oh , 43123. Looking for teams interested in playing in probably our last chance to play outside. Starting at 10am. Each team splits cost for umpires. If interested please contact Todd Elswick at 740-412-8194 or email telswick35@gmail.com.