girls

1. Elevate Sports

The 3rd Annual Jeff Kennard Memorial

Wrap-up your Fall season with us this year at The 3rd Annual Jeff Kennard Memorial Tournament, November 5th & 6th at Evans Acres Sports Complex in Xenia, Ohio. 3GG, USA regulations apply, full concessions available, permanent structure restrooms, plenty of parking, 8 fields, covered shelter...
  2. B

Highlight plays of the week may 12th

Check out these awesome plays on this video. A home run steal, an amazing diving catch and an incredible dive and throw at 1st! https://www.ncaa.com/video/softball/2021-05-11/watch-these-are-college-softball-plays-week
  3. TheSoftballZone

Skilled players and great softball athletes but lack of game awareness

Thanks Joe Abraham for this topic. Joe had brought up when watching live stream games a couple interesting points. He brought up the fact that the girls keep improving as softball players and athletes but they lack game situation awareness. Teams we're missing opportunities for the second out...
  4. TheSoftballZone

What's your preferred message to your team after a game?

What's is your preferred message to your softball team once your game is over. I'm sure this depends on a lot of factors and there way to many to bring up so I'll cover just a few. Post Game Discussions and how you as coaches handle the difference scenarios. After a stuff lost? After a close...
  5. TheSoftballZone

What's your preferred pre-game discussion with your team

So you getting ready to take the field in your first game of the weekend. What are your key topics in your pre-game discussion? If you don't have a pre-game discussion with your girls softball team could you explain when or why you may skip a pre-game discussion.
  6. Rerun

At what age should your daughter start working with a pitching instructor

At what age should your daughter start working with a pitching instructor. Should she wait until she at least has some skill at pitching?
  7. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Working on over the head balls

FIELDING: OVER-THE-HEAD DRILL Have the players line up and have one of them selected to field a ball hit over her head. Hit or throw the ball over her head and to the right or left. Make sure that she does not run with her glove up, but rather put the glove down and run to catch the ball and...
  8. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Properly backing up the outfielder

FIELDING: OUTFIELD FLY DRILL There is a drill I have been using for the past 3 years for outfielders. Place half the team in left field and the rest in center. The coaches hit a flyball in between the first two outfielders. They both go for the ball with one catching it and the other properly...
  9. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Fielding indoor softball game

FIELDING: KNOCK OUT GAME When my team is stuck in the gym for a couple of days it's hard to keep up their interest. I do an X-out drill where the team is divided into two teams and stands on the corner of gym on opposing corners. Each coach stands on the opposite end at the corners and...
  10. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Get completely in front of the ball

FIELDING: FUNNEL DRILL This drill was one of the most helpful drills as a player, and now as an assistant coach. Players can do this drill after warming up their arms, with their partner. One player keeps their glove on, the other takes their glove off. The partner with the glove rolls them the...
  11. TheSoftballZone

Girls Softball Drills Fielders Cross Fire working on throws from 3rd base

Cross - Fire Drill Work on three skills and keeps 10 players busy. Hitting, Hands and Eyes Coordination. Fielding Technique, Throwing. Receiving Thrown ball. There is a hitter and catcher, and one or usually more fielders. I use 10 player when I do this drill. Place both hitters and Catchers...
  12. softballclassified

How many Players in Ohio

How many Girls play softball in Ohio? Give me your best guess. I would believe counting rec leagues, travel ball, high school and college it would be around 7K - 10 total.
  13. orrvillefirefighters

Former Alabama Softball players running a camp in Orrville, Ohio.

We are very excited to announce that the Southern Girls Softball Academy will be hosting 2 camp sessions on July 7th at Orrville High School. SGSA camps will consist of position specific instruction from former University of Alabama Players, including those from the 2012 WCWS championship team...
  14. TheSoftballZone

Pitching and Pitchers Discussion Softball Pitcher Throws At Umpire, catcher jumps out of the way to make sure he Hit!

Please comment on this video, Coach on Defense goes and has a discussion with the team at the pitching mound. Game Resumes and catcher jump out of the way and the ball hits the umpire. I've not seen the full video and not even aware if theirs a longer versions. What type of Coach would even...
  15. Admin

Pitching and Pitchers Discussion My 9 year daughter wants to be a pitcher - were do we start?

My 9 year old daughter who plays in are little village girls softball league. Was sitting and watching TV when we started to surf the channels and the Pro-Girls Softball League was playing. After the game was over my daughter said, daddy I want to become a Girl Softball Pitcher like the...