umpire

1. Rerun

The Shortage of umpires is coming in 2021

If 2020 hasn’t effect tournaments enough the new concern for all tournament directors moving into the 2021 travel season will definitely be finding umpires. Umpires are going to be at a Premium price and umpire will be able to negotiate higher pay. Just look around at the current umpire on the...
  2. TheSoftballZone

Umpire Available for Games, Tournaments, Scrimmages or Friendly

If your a Umpire Available for Games, Tournaments, Scrimmages or Friendly and looking for extra work leave your name and contact information by replying to this thread.
  3. TheSoftballZone

Umpires Available for Scrimmages & Friendly

If your a Umpire Available for Scrimmages & Friendly and looking for extra work leave your name and contact information by replying to this thread.
  4. Rerun

Umpire role call, drop a reply if your a umpire

Just a role call, we’ve try to get more umpires to join the site and wanted to see if any newbies have joined. if your a umpires drop a reply
  5. Rerun

Shortage of umpires

I hear people saying there a shortage of umpires, but it seems like tournaments are finding umpires. two questions, what the average age of umpires? If there a shortage why?
  6. Rerun

What’s the call ump? This one is unbelievable

Runners on second and third bases, batter hits a line drive that hit the third base bag, then bounces and hit the third base coach, then bounces back and the girl that was on third bases who now running get hit by the ball, then the ball roll into Dugout. Ye I said it was unbelievable. Have any...
  7. TheSoftballZone

What's is it like to be a umpire?

I mean all umpires understand that they have to deal with haters. But I've always wonder what it's really like to be a umpire. Hopefully some of you will share your story's and what it's really like to be loved or hated.
  8. TheSoftballZone

Why did you become a umpire

Just to kick off the renaming of this section to (The Umpires Life and Rulings) I'm starting out with a simple question. Why did you become a umpire?
  9. Rerun

I’m sorry if this offends you

I’m sorry if this offends you. But I believe this image capture what you should do during the National anthem.
  10. Rerun

No words need, I’m sure all umpires will get a good laugh

Like I said no words needed
  11. Rerun

And the umpires is way back making calls at home plate

Ok, seen this and had to share. Umpire is calling home plate this far away from the catcher. Could be due to COVID-19. I think he wold do a better job behind the pitcher or center fielder maybe.
  12. SoftballFan04

Dead Ball?

No runners on. Nobody out. Batter swings, contact made with tip of bat (swinging bunt). Ball spins between pitcher and first base. Batter hesitates, then runs towards first. Pitcher scoops up ball. First base ump puts arms up, yells dead ball, repeatedly. Pitcher hesitates with ball in hand, but...
  13. Matt Maxwell

Running bases in reverse question

Ran into a situation in fall ball where runner on third came home on a sac fly. Ump initially calls her safe at home, run scored. Opposing team’s coach (without calling time to appeal) says she didn’t tag up. Ump reverses his call tells runner to return to third. She does before the ball. Then...
  14. B

Question about a play at 1st

Had something happen today in a game, not sure of the call. The first baseman dove for a ball and bobbled it, was laying on the ground and stretched out and touched first base with her glove, but held the ball in her opposite hand as the runner crossed first base. The runner was called safe...
  15. 412Ron

If a Pitch hits an umpire is it Automatically a dead ball?

If a pitch hits an umpire is it a dead ball ? No injuries occurred on play.