05 Explosive Gray looking to add one more girl

Big Country

Reaction score
We are very excited about the group of hard working and dedicated young ladies that call our team family. This year I added two experienced and talented coaches to my staff- Todd Peters and Jonathan McNutt. Combined they have over 20 years of fastpitch experience from 10u through high school. They have coached girls that have continued on to play in college and led their teams to many championship games. Their outstanding reputations and experience with competitive fast pitch are going to take our team to a whole new level this year.

Our goals are to build a fundamentally strong and competitive team while instilling in them a showcase team mentality. We would ultimately like to stay together and continue to grow as we move up in age to play at a showcase/high school level. We want to prepare them to make their varsity team when they reach high school. All we ask of them is to give us a 110% be it at practice or at a tourney and we will always give each girl 110% .

We will play a competitive schedule this summer of 6-8 games plus nationals if we qualify. I strategically target tournaments that will push the girls to be better players and grow and learn from each game we play.

Practice and location :
We practice twice a week inside starting at the end of October until Spring at Force Sports in Eastlake, Ohio . We are currently practicing once a week outdoors. When we move to an indoor practice we will do one early Sunday morning and then one weekday evening, likely to be Thursday evening. All practices are 2 hours in length. There will also be a fastpitch specific strength and conditioning clinics that are part of the team practice schedule (waiting on those dates).

Our organization has facilities on the East and West side of Cleveland. Our team is comprised of girls from about 8 different schools on the East side of town, but if we get a group of Westside girls we can vary the locations to accommodate everyone through the winter months. The organization also holds clinics and does private hitting and pitching lessons and they give a team discount to these things if you wish to attend.

If this sounds like something that would be a good fit with your athletic goals for your daughter, please get in touch with me. This is a really great opportunity to get on a team of dedicated girls and parents with coaches that love teaching the skills to help your daughter improve her game. The Explosive organization has been around for over 7 years and still going strong and expanding. Don't miss out on the chance to be part of it all. We will be holding private tryouts for the next two weeks only while we seek to round out some open positions. If you are interested, reach out to me today to set something up over the next two weeks.
Thank you,
Coach Lawson .
coachlawson13@gmail.com

Last edited: