5Stingrays79
6Ohio Dragons (2)76
7Ohio Classics54
8Diamond Chix (2)47
9Cincy Static26
10Ohio Wave '9918
10Licking County Stars18

Others receiving votes
Cincy Shock (17), Ohio Glory (13), Diamond Dogs (12), Ohio Hurricanes Black (1) (10), Ohio Power (10), New Albany Eagles (10), Valley Extreme (8), Extreme Heat (6), Ohio Hawks Black (5), HoO Wrath (3), Ohio Emeralds (3), Marion Merchants (2), Marion Diamonds (2), Mid Ohio Bullets (2), Road Runners (Ohio) (1),

Poll aside, Having played most of the teams on this list at some point this year I can tell you it was a great year for 10U. I know folks have talked about parity in the 12u division but with this years 10u group you had to bring your "A" game week in and week out. These girls should be fun to watch as they continue to improve and get older.

Congrats to all mentioned here on a great season and good luck with your remaining tournaments and Nationals!!

I would agree with what everyone else has said. I think this is pretty close to right on based upon what I have seen this year. Good job all the teams and let's represent Ohio well in the upcoming nationals.

Great job 10 U teams it has been a great year. Anyone looking for a fun end of the year tournament? The 2010 Heminger/Crabtree Memorial Tournament in Richwood Ohio (15min north of Marysville) 7/30-8/1 is still looking for a few more teams in 8u, 10u and 12u. For more information contact Ken Marvin at 614.679.3179.
10&12 $225 and 8 $175:cap:

Noticed that in the 14U Poll, some teams put down their records against the Final Top 10 listed. Would be interesting to see how the 10U's did against each other.

Noticed that in the 14U Poll, some teams put down their records against the Final Top 10 listed. Would be interesting to see how the 10U's did against each other.

I will go first. Thunder Elite went 15-7 against the top 10 this year. This is just for the spring/summer schedule. Not for Fall Ball or Indoor games.

Lasers Purple 2-2
Hawks Gold 2-0
Ice-Mace 4-3
Stingrays 2-1
Dragons 2-1
Diamond Chix 2-0
Ohio Wave 1-0

Also went a combined 18-0 against teams mentioned in the "others receiving votes."
Other big wins against out of state teams were:pitt Spirit Gold(2),PC Pride Mich(finished 4th USSA Nationals)(2)and Team Michigan(Pony National Champs)(1).

Final record: 69-8-1
2010 ASA "A" 10u Eastern National Champs

the OHIO DRAGONS went 12-8 against top 10 teams this year for the spring and summer scedule not for fall ball or winter indoor games.we also finished 2nd in the ASA"A" Eastern Nationals

Lasers Purple 0-4
Thunder Elite 1-0
Hawks Gold 1-2
Ice- Mace 0-2
Stingrays 2-0
Classics 3-1
OHIO Wave 3-0
Licking County Stars 2-0

Also went a combined 11-0 against teams mentioned in the " others receiving votes"
CINCY SHOCK 1-0
OHIO GLORY 2-0
OHIO POWER 1-0
NEW ALBANY EAGLES 2-0
EXTREME HEAT 2-0
OHIO HAWKS BLACK 1-0
HOO WRATH 1-0
MID OHIO BULLETS 1-0
Other big wins against out of state teams were: PITT Spirit Gold, PITT Lady Roadrunners, INDIANA Angels.
I AM very proud of the girls, they worked hard and also won the USSSA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. we also never finished less than 4th in any tournament.

Ohio Hawks '99 Gold went 15-8-1 against the final top 10 teams for the Spring/Summer. (as best I can remember)

Lasers Purple 1-1
Thunder Elite 0-2
Ice- Mace 1-1-1
Stingrays 3-1
Ohio Dragons 2-1
Classics 0-1
Diamond Chix 2-1
Cincy Static 3-0
OHIO Wave 2-0
Licking County Stars 1-0

others mentioned...
Cincy Shock 1-0
Ohio Glory 1-0
Ohio Power 1-0
Extreme Heat 1-0
Ohio Hawks Black 1-0
Ohio Emeralds 1-0

Lady Lasers Purple was 19-3 against the other top 10 teams that they played.

Thunder elite 2 2
Hawks Gold 1 1
Ohio Ice 4 0
Stingrays 3 0
Ohio Dragons 4 0
Ohio Classics 4 0
Cincy Static 1 0

Also 10-0 against the others mentioned

Ohio Glory 3 0
Diamond dogs 1 0
Ohio Power 1 0
Valley Extreme 1 0
Xtreme Heat 1 0
Ohio Hawks Black 2 0
Marion Merchant 1 0

Final Record 51-6-1

oh and for the record the other 3 losses were to out of state teams

Played a lot of good teams this year and hopefully that has prepared them well to compete at ASA Nationals next week. Thanks to all the teams and coaches for making this a fun season of good competition.

Special thank you to the coaches of Lasers Purple. You did a great job. The girls learned a lot from you, and not just about the game but also how to conduct yourself with class.

Lady Lasers Purple was 19-3 against the other top 10 teams that they played.

Thunder elite 2 2
Hawks Gold 1 1
Ohio Ice 4 0
Stingrays 3 0
Ohio Dragons 4 0
Ohio Classics 4 0
Cincy Static 1 0

Also 10-0 against the others mentioned

Ohio Glory 3 0
Diamond dogs 1 0
Ohio Power 1 0
Valley Extreme 1 0
Xtreme Heat 1 0
Ohio Hawks Black 2 0
Marion Merchant 1 0

Final Record 51-6-1

oh and for the record the other 3 losses were to out of state teams

Played a lot of good teams this year and hopefully that has prepared them well to compete at ASA Nationals next week. Thanks to all the teams and coaches for making this a fun season of good competition.

Special thank you to the coaches of Lasers Purple. You did a great job. The girls learned a lot from you, and not just about the game but also how to conduct yourself with class.

Love hearing about coaches that win with class. Dan has spoken very highly of your 10u team and we hope you can bring it home for OHIO!!! Good luck!!!

I will go first. Thunder Elite went 13-7 against the top 10 this year. This is just for the spring/summer schedule. Not for Fall Ball or Indoor games.

Lasers 2-2
Hawks 2-0
Ice-mace 4-3
Stingrays 2-1
Dragons 0-1
Diamond Chix 2-0
Ohio Wave 1-0

Also went a combined 16-0 against teams mentioned in the "others receiving votes."
Other bigs wins against out of state teams were: Pitt Spirit, PC Pride(Mich) and Team Michigan(they just won Pony Nationals).

Final record: 64-8

Was that the PC Pride Stars team?

Yes, the PC Pride Stars out of Canton Michigan. They are currently in Florida competing in the USSSA World Series.

Looking at their record and who they've beat along with Team Michigan those are nice wins. Looking at the PC Prides schedule is what led me to my young kids adapting to level of play thread. I know a talented team at those nationals struggling, my personal opinion although not popular with the powers that be is their schedule was to soft to prepare them for the type of teams they are playing.

PC Pride came down to The Thunder Elite Nationals Tune-up(july 16-18) before they went down to Nationals. Their coach(Dan) told me he wanted to prepare his team for Nationals by playing my Thunder team and the Lasers along with facing that stud pitcher the Diamond Dogs have. The PC Pride finished top 4 in the USSSA in Orlando Fla.

We've played (and lost) to Pride Stars 3 times. They are good hitting team and a great bunch of girls. Dan is a great guy.

Ohio Hurricanes Black
we only played 2 teams from the list
Thunder lost 3 times: 6-1, 8-3 and 3-1 I think
Ohio Ice lost 1: 2 - 0

However we did Go undefeated in ASA Class B Nationals in Sterling Va. 7-0 We scored 55 runs and allowed 8.

Thank you all for a great season
10U ASA Class B National Champions
The Ohio Hurricanes Black

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious but why are the final polls done so early (7/21), with 3 weekends of 2010 softball to be played a lot of good softball was played at tournaments such as GAPSS and Nationals?