10U ASA/USA National Tourney -- Normal, Illinois

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
The Ohio Stingrays04 are in the Elite 8 of the Winners Bracket at the ASA/USA National Tourney in Illinois. They will face a tough Worth Cobra team from Georgia this afternoon at 2pm at Champion Fields for chance to play in the FINAL FOUR. Unfortunately, there is not an online-stream available to watch, but you can find updates on our website at www.ohiostingrays04.com -- The Rays04 went 1-1 in Pool play which started on Monday. They defeated Illnois Oly Fire04 18-0 and then fell to the Alabama Birmingham Vipers 14-4. Tuesday began bracket play with the Rays04 facing up against Chattanooga Force04 who was another #2 seed. The Rays won 13-8 and went on to beat another #2 seed Illinois Naperville Diamonds 13-2 in the nightcap. They will face #1 Seed Georgia Worth Cobras today at 2pm. Go OHIO Stingrays04!!!

10U ASA/USA NATIONAL BRACKET
http://gfp10.tournamentasa.com/i!/brackets/Results.php?BSID=9302&DS=0

Last edited:

manitoudan

Reaction score
Ray fell 8-7 against Worth Cobras , play this am at 10;00 , facing 3 games today in the losers bracket to stay alive , best of luck hope you make it .

Bink44

Reaction score
Are any Ohio teams still alive?

manitoudan

Reaction score
I don't follow 10u , were Rays highly ranked at 10u ? how did the best ranked Ohio teams do at 10u nats ?

The Dude

Reaction score
Most of the teams in Normal could hit from one thru nine in their lineups. We had a 7-2 lead in the 3rd winners bracket game and blew it, 8-7. We never really recovered today and got bounced. The Lasers Gold played this week, also. They are a very good team, too. A T-9 finish for our girls is pretty good, considering the weather we've had to get actual outdoor quality work in this year. Great group of girls, coaches, and parents/family. It was a fun year. Have to admit, selfishly liked Myrtle Beach more than Normal. I'm sure the girls did too. After seeing the best competition this week, I'm convinced we can compete with these teams for years to come. Probably would be a good idea to let tournament games run longer, say 1:30 or 1:40. We are used to playing 70 minute games and lost focus a couple of times this week at the 1:25/1:30 mark and it cost us at least one game.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Had so much fun at the ASA/USA Tournament! In the Winner Bracket quarter-finals we let get away from us. Mental mistakes coupled with a few physical mistakes did us in. What an experience for our girls/our parents and all of us had never experienced something like that. I totally agree that I would love to see longer time limits on games. 70-75 minute games are too easy to cruise to a Win and too hard to come back from a bad inning. We hit well down there batting .433, but we gave too many teams extra outs and they capitalized. Our girls represented well and I'm proud of them on a great season going 92-14-1 with 6 Championship and T-9th at ASA/USA-- tryout season is right around the corner and then back to work, but I hope my daughter can experience that again someday!

Last edited:

FastBat

Reaction score
Congrats, what an experience! Way to represent O-H-I-O!