10U Coaches Poll FINAL (7-16-18) RESULTS!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank ---- Team ---- Total Pts

1. Ohio Stingrays (5).................96
2. Thunder 007 (2)...................80
3. Lasers Gray '07(1).................80
4. Ohio Wolfpack .....................69
5. Ohio Ice Black.......................55
6. Finesse '07 (1).......................53
7. MOV Pride............................27
8. Lasers Orange.......................21
9. Starz'07.................................20
10. Ohio Lightning....................17

Others receiving votes: CO Ice (14), Valley Extreme (10), Ohio Hawks 07 (5), CO Pride (1), ...

paul1795

Reaction score
Lasers Orange 08 is ranked higher than CO Ice and they have a losing record to them.

Stingrays08

Reaction score
Lasers Orange played at Firefighters Memorial, Laser Nation, Stingrays Showcase and GAPPS...the 4 largest tournaments in Central Ohio...CO Ice didn’t play in any of those tournaments...that’s probably why they are rated higher.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Last 3 Year’s running that someone from the CO Ice comes on complaining that their ranking is disrespectful of their team. Quality team, great coach but 1 win outside of Lasers Orange and not playing any in legit tournaments from week to week - CO ice played lights out against us this year, but Orange wins vs Thunder007, Lasers Gray, Finesse, Lightning probably got the higher ranking, sometimes just have to tip your hat to someone who has your number and ice did..... but a top 10 central Ohio team not playing in Firefighters when it was free to play in for your team since a drop... 8 of the Top 10 was in your backyard and a no go for u guys..... or Stingrays Showcase tourney - keep playing in the dirt being up 20-0 vs C level teams and tournaments from week to week

Last edited:

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
When I was still Coaching I would rank teams in my age group myself basically more for formulating a game plan based on my available pithing staff for the weekend.

And it work really well, playing in bigger tournaments was actually a game changer for me when ranking teams. So yes teams that play bigger tournaments with more teams on any given weekend is always going to get rank higher in my book based on how they finished