10U Coaches Poll Week #2 (5-5-15) RESULTS!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank --- Team --- Total Pts

1. Lasers '04 (11)...............137
2. Stingrays '04 (3)............121
3. Jackson Royals...............108
4. Starz '04 ......................101
5. Sundogs '04....................69
6. Ohio Lightning ................54
7. Thunder Elite '04.............52
8. Ohio Storm '04 ...............46
9. Valley Force '04...............20
10. Roadrunners.................18

Others receiving votes: OFC Heat (17),Lasers '05 (5), Diamonds '04 (5), Cincy Slammers '04 (4)Lancaster Kaos '04 (3),CO Vipers '04 (2), Lady Bombers(3), Stingrays '05 (3), Ohio Glory '04 (1), Ice Orange (1)...

Last edited:

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
valley force lost this weekend to pride, Lancaster Kaos '04, and Royals.
They got smoked by those three teams!
Makes no sense they are a ranked team...
I look down at the bottom and there are way better teams that deserve to be in the top 10.
Vipers '04, stingrays 05, lasers 05, I could keep going.

Smh....

That at team is NOT the #9 team in the state!!! Sorry. I want our girls to earn their votes. Not some damn popularity vote.

Sorry just a little salty.

Jeff

Bekah24

Reaction score
The Valley Force team you played must have been the 9u team. There 10u team was not in that tournament. We have played against them numerous times. They are a solid team with a pitcher that brings heat probably fastest we personally have faced. Don't take it to personally there are teams above us that we have beat as well. Just keep on keeping on answers are determined on the field.:)

Rimer1974

Reaction score
If you would have read the tournament schedule you would have seen you were playing Valley Force '05 which was the 9U. The Valley Force '04, which is the team that is ranked, did not participate last weekend in the tournament. By the way, you beat the '05 team 6-1. I wouldn't necessarily say you smoked them!

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Well then it makes sense. Maybe it should be clear. We all at the tournament thought they was the valley force team that had received votes. Per parents talking to us on Friday. Ok 6-1 is not smoking some one but 5 runs is hard to come back for any team. It is what it is. Didn't mean to hurt people's feelings but let's be clear with the '04s and '05. Such as the upper tier teams do such as the starz, lasers, stingrays..

oiler_pride

Reaction score
I fixed the Valley Force '04 in the Polls. I didnt even know they had an '05 team. If someone knows a team's real name rather than what is reported to me or how I list them, please let me know so we can accurately post results each week.

canes7

Reaction score
We lost 4-2 to valley force at hall of fame indoor tournament a few weeks back against their pitcher. I will agree witht the previuos poster that she can easily be one of the hardest throwers in 10u. She can bring the heat.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Again I apologize for previous post and did NOT mean to hurt feelings. We all assumed they was at Tusc. County early bird. We was not the only team that was told this. Big difference from '04 to the '05 team. And to clear up the "we smoked them" comment, I was not trying to bash a team or talk bad about them. We simply played well and pitched our #3 or #4 against them the entire game. She had 9 strikeouts and no walks what so ever. So to me when a team throws their #3 or #4 who is a '05 birthdate and the girls win as a team 6-1 that's getting smoked. We get beat and we let our girls know we got smoked. It's just a phrase so please don't take it out of context. Did not mean anything bad by it at all.

Good of luck to all teams this coming weekend.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Please don't take the smoked them out of context. Didn't mean anything mean by it. We use that phrase w our girls all the time.
We also threw our #3 or #4 against them which is a '05 and she recorded 9 strikeouts no walks and no pass balls. Our girls played a great game while missing a key starter and a big bat due to other obligations. So yea it's smoked in my eyes. It happens to us all the time. We want our girls to get smoked by some of these teams such as Lasers, Starz, Stingrays, royals, and others. It only makes them stronger. It's an honor for our girls to be on the same field as them. Great coaches and talented ball teams!

Rose

Reaction score
Valley Force 04 pitcher is the absolute real deal when it comes to heat. She held the Royals to 1 run in pool play, and then lost to us in the Finals by a wider margin at HOF. The 05 Valley Force team is well coach and will be developed. Flame thrower on the 04 team could steamroll some Sundays if you don't swing the bat. Royals voted them at 6th. It's a toss up between the 2 powers Lasers 04 and Stingrays 04. 2 very solid teams and fun to play and watch. Both shut us out, but hopefully we get to play the Lasers again at the Outlaws. Thankfully, we are in the Stingrays Showcase which should be the mac daddy of 10u this year. We aren't there, but Dayton Metro will hash this poll out some. We chose the Marion NSA State as opposed to North Ridgeville to play some different teams. Northeast Ohio is thin at 10u, and we only have a handful of teams we see every weekend worthy of being mentioned on this list.

Laser05

Reaction score
I have to say this 10U poll in my opinion is to allow the hard working teams a chance to be noticed. Also, to allow the coaches to know what teams to look for at tournaments and chase throughout the year. There is probably not many 9-11yr olds actually following this post, so this is more for the coaches in my personal opinion. In the end it is all about the girls week to week, and we all will have great games and bad games. Not sure if I would ever use the phrase "smoked them" in a comment about young girls who are playing and working hard. We have wins over teams on the list above and have had bad games. Heck, we had an indoor in an Akron blizzard and 3 players missed so those games was a mess, but it allowed my team to play two great teams that we can't wait to play again in Lightning and Royals. The list will change and we will see the best from all come June and July.

Win or lose we look forward to playing all the teams on the list.

OUR GOAL IS SIMPLE!! IMPROVE, GROW, HAVE FUN AND BE AN 05 TEAM THAT ALL YOUR 04 TEAMS HATE TO PLAY :) MAKE IT HARD ON YOU ALL AND LEARN FROM IT!!!!

Last edited:

Westler33

Reaction score
Valley Force 04 pitcher is the absolute real deal when it comes to heat. She held the Royals to 1 run in pool play, and then lost to us in the Finals by a wider margin at HOF. The 05 Valley Force team is well coach and will be developed. Flame thrower on the 04 team could steamroll some Sundays if you don't swing the bat. Royals voted them at 6th. It's a toss up between the 2 powers Lasers 04 and Stingrays 04. 2 very solid teams and fun to play and watch. Both shut us out, but hopefully we get to play the Lasers again at the Outlaws. Thankfully, we are in the Stingrays Showcase which should be the mac daddy of 10u this year. We aren't there, but Dayton Metro will hash this poll out some. We chose the Marion NSA State as opposed to North Ridgeville to play some different teams. Northeast Ohio is thin at 10u, and we only have a handful of teams we see every weekend worthy of being mentioned on this list.

I agree plain and simple all these girls will learn and grow from playing each other. This is going to be a fun summer!!

dannyboy

Reaction score
Oh how I love 10U! Every year it is the same, just different screen names and teams. Good stuff!

Pridecoach04

Reaction score
Valley Force '05...I was thinking the same as Jeff and thought it was their '04 team, maybe because they had quite a bit of size, and decent pitching. We went to the bottom of 4 0-0 and we got on a roll scoring 12 runs to end the drop dead game still batting after 35 minutes. Solid 9u team looking back we just got momentum. We had an up and down weekend squeaking by some teams we should have beat soundly. Lost to Kaos 04 twice, once on Saturday 10-3 (they just hit well) and on sunday gave up a grand slam up 8-2 with time limit expired and 2 outs followed by another hit and cpl errors to get to itb. Scored one there and gave up 2 to drop the heartbreaker. We are a bit inexperienced but are growing and playing good ball at times.

Gold/silver is Needed in NP early bird tournament with 16 teams as well as 2 umpires during elimination. One just can't call a whole game alone.

Pridecoach04

Reaction score
Valley Force '05...I was thinking the same as Jeff and thought it was their '04 team, maybe because they had quite a bit of size, and decent pitching. We went to the bottom of 4 0-0 and we got on a roll scoring 12 runs to end the drop dead game still batting after 35 minutes. Solid 9u team looking back we just got momentum. We had an up and down weekend squeaking by some teams we should have beat soundly.

Lost to a good Kaos 04 twice, once on Saturday 10-3 (they just hit well) and on sunday gave up a grand slam up 8-2 with time limit expired and 2 outs followed by another hit and cpl errors to get to itb. Scored one there and gave up 2 to drop the heartbreaker. We are a bit inexperienced but are growing and playing good ball at times.

Gold/silver is Needed in NP early bird tournament with 16 teams as well as 2 umpires during elimination. One just can't call a whole game alone.

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Where are all the 10U teams playing this weekend? Any interesting Top 10 matchups?

jelli9764

Reaction score
Starz 04, Storm 04, Roadrunners and Stingrays 04 will all be at the Early Bird in Lancaster this weekend. Looking forward to great weekend of softball, and the weather is suppose to be fantastic.

Westler33

Reaction score
Lasers Gold is off this weekend and at breast cancer shootout next weekend. Good luck to all playing this weekend!!!

Laser05

Reaction score
Lasers Blue 05 is off. Practice time and try to fill our lost spot on the roster that was unexpected.

We are at NSA qualifier next weekend and then Firefighters which has many of the top 10 teams. Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend.

Last edited:

Rose

Reaction score
Jackson Royals are off this weekend. We are at Outlaws Breast Cancer Shootout next weekend. Looks like some good games in Lancaster this weekend.