10U Coaches Poll Week #5 (5-28-18) Get Your Votes In!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
10U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by Tuesday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.
Must include teams #1-10 in your vote

You can PM me or email me at my NEW EMAIL ADDRESS : jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

I will post results on Wednesday.

Jeff Steiner
330-307-7551

Jeff Robinson

Reaction score
Laser Gray finished 2nd out of 31 teams in the FF memorial tournament losing to NK Bandits 10-8. Finished the weekend 5-1. We have wins over 5 of last weeks top 10 and have wins over the top 3. we also won the USSSa Spring Classic the week before.

kidbuckeye

Reaction score
Lasers Orange 08 only got to play three games this weekend. Our third pool play game got rained out. We had two losses, one to the eventual champion NKY Bandits (a very solid team) and blew a three run lead late to Indiana Magic Gold in the gold bracket. It didn't end the way we wanted it to, but we will learn from our mistakes and will be better from it.

W Vikings Elite 13-1
L NKY Bandits 7-2
L Indiana Magic Gold 4-3

We are at Cap City this weekend and will face two of the top four teams in the state in pool play(Thunder 007 and Wolfpack).

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohio Thunder 007 went 4-1, finishing 3rd in this past weekend's Firefighter's Memorial, once again suffering our only lose to the Event Winners.............

Win 8-0 over Muskie Chix
Win 9-0 over Louisville Vipers 07
Win 4-3 over C Ky Batcats 07
Win 13-1 over C Ohio Pride 07
Loss 5-1 to NKy Bandits 07

This puts our overall record at 53-10-2, with a record of 28-2 against Ohio teams!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Finesse 07 - Hoverman went 4-2, finishing 5th at Firefighter's Memorial losing to the champs, NKY Bandits in quarter finals. Mendy and Bill did their best to wet fields and extreme heat, and we were happy with how our girls responded on Sunday when our 8AM game finally started at 11:45 (that was a long time out in the heat not playing). We are off the next two weeks before heading to Sheer Madness. Our overall record now stands at 34-14-1.

Firefighter's Memorial (tied for 5th)

Pool
Won 12-0 vs. Ohio Stingrays 08
Won 7-3 vs. USSSA Pride Navy
Lost 0-5 to Ohio Wolfpack

Bracket
Won 4-3 vs. Indiana Prospects 08 (down 3-0 heading in to our last at bats)
Lost 1-6 to NKY Bandits (close game until they blew it open the last inning)

bgun1

Reaction score
Ohio Fire

We finished 3rd in The Memorial Day Classic at Victory Park over the weekend. We secured the #1 seed in the Gold Bracket after pool play, only giving up 8 runs in 3 games. We only trailed once in our final pool play game for 2 innings when the girls took control and scored 12 unanswered runs before giving up 1 more before time expired. Our only loss came to the winners of the tournament, Ohio Lightning 07 in the semi-finals.

The Lightning had very good pitching and our girls had some difficulty catching up at the start. The Lightning players were able to find gaps and were great on the basepaths. They are a very well coached team. Congratulations to them for winning the tournament.

Pool Play
Won 8-3 vs. Pittsburgh Pride
Won 17-2 vs. Explosive - White
Won 12-3. vs. NR. Lady Bears

Bracket
Lost 10-2 vs. Ohio Lightning 07

We are off this weekend, then in the Slam Series I in Akron, June 8th-10th then Sheer Madness the following weekend.

CoachCasey

Reaction score
Won some more hardware over Memorial Day weekend. We won the Championship over a good Silver Creek team 8-7 avenging our only loss of the weekend to them.

Pool Play
W - 13-6 vs Ohio Monsters
W - 29-2 vs Willoughby Starzz
L - 7-6 vs Silver Creek (Quinn)

Bracket Play
W - 9-2 vs Pittsburgh Pride
W - 10-2 vs Ohio Fire
Championship W - 8-7 vs Silver Creek (Quinn)

We have made it to the Championship in every tournament we have played in 2018 (minus Breast Cancer Shootout because it got rained out.. I actually liked our chances in Bracket play .. stupid rain! lol) We are a team that has only been together since the fall and we continue to get better the more we play and are on the field practicing.

Spano Dome Tournament - Runner Ups
Noteable Games:
W -
MOV Pride 07 3-1 in Pool
W - Finesse 07 5-1 in Bracket
W - Wolfpack 3-2 in Bracket
L - Madness - Lost 8-7 in 10 inning Championship

Canton Indoor - Champs
Notable Games:
W - MOV Pride 07 8-7 in Championship

Angels for Autism - Champs
Notable Games:
L - Finesse 07 3-1 in Pool
W - Finesse 07 6-1 in Bracket
W - Ohio Storm 07 8-2 in Championship

Ohio Lightning Invitational - Champs
Notable games:
W - Black Widows 11-0 in Championship

Breast Cancer Shootout - (Rained Out)
Notable Pool Play:
W - Steel City Cyclones 3-1
Tie - Wolfpack 3-3
L - Ohio Ice 10-3 (I think.. our iPad went dead)

Dick Vaughn

Reaction score
Looks like almost everyone had a loss to that Bandits 07 team. Are they that good or were some teams just off at firefighters?