10U Coaches Poll Week 8 (6-14-21) Get Your Votes In !!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Submit your top 10 to me by Wednesday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.
Must include teams #1-10 in your vote.

I will post results around Noon on Thursday.

You can PM me or email me at my EMAIL ADDRESS : jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

Mike Homan

Reaction score
Ohio Outlaws Premier - Homan

Outlaws attended the Holy Grail of 10u Tournaments over the weekend, the PGF Super Select Championship held in Nashville, TN. This tournament was no joke. 72 teams, 32 different states. I was able to watch some really good teams compete through 4 days there, what a great experience and tournament Jeff Mac put on - best tournament director in the business hands down!

My Outlaws played VERY well.. our team placed in the TOP 19 of the 72 teams in attendance. We went 2-0 in pool and got the 1 seed which really didnt give us much advantage. Our first bracket game we got a tough USSSA Pride team with a flame thrower, hovering the 59-62mph fastball all game - kid got stronger and faster as the game went on. Solid team. Pride ended up in the top 8. We then showed up at 7am Saturday to battle through the losers bracket - played 5 games and lost our fifth game in the bottom of the 5th with time expired to a walk off. We battled for 15 hours Saturday through the losers bracket - my kids showed an extreme amount of grit, fight and solid team work last weekend. VERY proud of these kids. I used my entire pitching staff and those 3 kids balled out. Our bats were hot all weekend. Outlaws finished the tournament an impressive 6-2. We had the opportunity to play teams from Tennessee, New Jersey, Texas, North/South Carolina, California & Alabama.

Scores from the weekend -
Pool Play:
Outlaws 3 - West Tennessee Edge 0
Outlaws 7 - New Jersey Batbusters 1

Bracket:
Outlaws 0 - Texas USSSA Pride Elite 6
Outlaws 3 - Texas Athletics Mercado HTX 1
Outlaws 10 - East Coast Select 2
Outlaws 7 - Birmingham Mustangs 3
Outlaws 2 - SoCal Athletics 1 (walk off win through ITB)
Outlaws 4 - Texas Hustle Premier 5 (lost in walk off w/ 2 outs)

Noted that both of our losses came to USSSA Pride (Top 8) & Texas Hustle (Top 13)

Again, great experience for my team. My team is back at it again this weekend, back in Nashville for another PGF Tournament - Mojo Music City Invitational.

Overall record: 77-23-3

Good Luck to everyone who played and are playing this weekend :D

steve77621

Reaction score
I followed you as well as all the Ohio teams on game changer and that was a amazing run that you guys went on. Just to win 1 game down there is an accomplishment let alone to win 6. There were so many California and Texas teams there and judging by the scores it seemed like everyone of them were good. Again congratulations and good luck this week in Tennessee

ktcommanche

Reaction score
The SGS Magic - Thacker girls went 7-0 over the weekend on the way to winning the SGS Toledo Tune Up Championship. The girls played outstanding in all seven games on both offense and defense.

Our key wins were:
10-0 vs. Maddogs (#10 team from last week's poll)
4-1 vs. Michigan Renegades

Other games were:
Madness 10U - Messer - 14-1
Trenton Blast - 8-0
Wizards 2011 - 11-0
Finesse Gomez 10U - 8-2

The girls continue to strive to hone their skills in preparation for the end of the season run of tournaments that we have scheduled.

Ken Thacker
SGS Magic Head Coach

extrabase

Reaction score
Finesse Bragg was down at the PGF Super Select in Nashville this past weekend. We didn't face a pitcher throwing less than 54 all weekend. Game 1 we faced EC Bullets from Georgia and lost 2-0 we were solid in the field but couldn't finish inning s. Game 2 we played maybe the best baserunning team in the country and lost 4-0 to So Cal Athletic s Mercado. Both teams made it to Sunday and had top 16 finishes with Mercado having a top8 finish.
Bracket we lost game 1 to a Birmingham Vipers team that is 35-12 this spring.
Bracket game number 2 we pulled off a win against Georgia Firecracker s that finished 2 in there pool . We then got knocked out by Arkansas Thunder in game that we led the entire game then fell apart the last inning.

Passion4theGame

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.cincydoom.net
Coach Bragg and Homan, Playing TOP notch cream of the crop talent REGARDLESS of the win loss record is impressive. I love what you coaches are doing! Putting OHIO softball on the map all over the US. Showing our girls here in the Buckeye state can Ball out! Matt Bailey has done the same thing over the past couple years and it speaks volume for you coaches and the talent we produce here in the Buckeye state. Nice job Fellas.

IF i had a vote this week Outlaws Homan would be #1 and Finesse Bragg would be #2.

swilliamson22

Reaction score
Coach Bragg and Homan, Playing TOP notch cream of the crop talent REGARDLESS of the win loss record is impressive. I love what you coaches are doing! Putting OHIO softball on the map all over the US. Showing our girls here in the Buckeye state can Ball out! Matt Bailey has done the same thing over the past couple years and it speaks volume for you coaches and the talent we produce here in the Buckeye state. Nice job Fellas.

IF i had a vote this week Outlaws Homan would be #1 and Finesse Bragg would be #2.
Don’t discount Lasers Blue also. Great job Outlaws and Finesse. Play big and succeed long term!

steve77621

Reaction score
Yes, lasers blue was there also and did well. As well as stingrays and Silver creek(I know that they are considered a Pa team but a lot of their roster is Ohio kids).

extrabase

Reaction score
Yes Lasers Blue is very good and had a great showing in Tennessee.