4North Coast Spirit52
5Ohio Hawks47
6Ohio ICE46
7Thunder Elite29
8Ohio Dragons26
9Valley Extreme24
10Stingrays21

Others receiving votes
Ohio Fire (19), Diamond Chix (13), Ohio Jaguars (8), Lasers 9U (5), Diamond Dogs (3), Cincy Static (2), Grizzly Fastpitch (2), Buckeye Blast (1), Chain Reaction (1),

The Ohio Classics would like to send an invitation to all teams (not playing in the Ohio Wave Rip- It Tournament) to come to Pickerington for the Classics' tournamnet June 26-28. It is also an ASA ENQ. A great venue with an expierenced TD. The Classics' tournaments get great reviews evey year!
http://www.game-ex.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=13224

Just curious how many of these team play each other?

We have seen the losing end of the Lasers a few times, played the Ice, Thunder Elite, Diamond Chix, Diamond Dogs, Chain Reaction, Jaguars, and Grizzly Fastpitch. I know a few of the other teams on the list are in tournaments we are playing in, it's nice to get around and play some different teams I think. How much do the top 10 teams really play each other?

This weekend at the VE tourney in Cortland, these teams from the list will be there: the Jaguars, Thunder Elite, Chain Reaction, and VE.

Next weekend the Lasers, Thunder, and VE will be in Akron. Maybe a few more too, I have not seen the complete list.

Where is everyone else playing?

We, Ohio Hawks, played the Ohio Fire last weekend, and the Dragons and Classics back at the start of the season (indoor) ... we should play a couple of them this weekend. The Cinci based teams don't seem to be as strong at 10u and don't vote in the poll ... last year we played up north 3 straight times in July against the Lasers (losing 4-1), Fire (winning 2), Dragons (splitting 2 games) and the Miami County Blaze (winning the final 2 championship games against them) and others - we won the last two tourney's last season and that is when we began to be recognized by the northern teams.

We scrimmaged the Nitro last fall - they are deserving of their rank - best team we have played this season.

I have yet to see the ICE, North Coast Spirit and this years Lasers -- but chat with others that have.. and they must be as good as their rank.

Classics have seen 4 teams in the top 10 and 1 in the honorable mention. Classics 10's 11's and 12's are going to Portsmouth this week... was hopeing to see some West Virginia / Kentucky teams. Was planing on attending the Capitol City showdown...money was sent back (we were the 9th team only took 8). So we hope to see a few more at Marion,Lancaster,Pickerington, World Series at Berliner, and Zanesville.

It seems like the 10U Cincy area teams are all real strong. We travel around some but mostly stay in the NEO/NMO area. The NEO teams always end up playing teams that don't make the poll like the Pittsburgh Roadrunners/Power/Spirit. We were going to go to the Rip it Up to try to see some of the SWO/CO teams but it was too much of a scheduling conflict. That tourney still looks like it is going to be a really good one.

It seems like all the top 10 teams are playing other teams in the top 10 for the most part aside from us and the Thunder Elite who both slid into the top 10 this week. We play each other a lot and trade wins and losses.

I can't imagine a 10U team being better than the ICE. Awesome players and great coaching!

Check out the Laser's some time.
They are the real deal

The Ice is a great group of players, and their manager Don is great but the Lasers are just simply the best 10U I have seen this year. Would love to see last years 10U Ice play this years 10U Lasers.

The Ice is a very good team, But from what I have seen from the top 2 ranked teams(Lasers & Nitro)They seem to be playing on a different level so far in the early part of the season. We played the Lasers in early May, they beat us 7-0. I had the opportunity to watch them play 2 more times that weekend. Both against the Nitro. Top two teams in the state and the Lasers imho were clearly the better team, winnng 4-1 and 9-3. With that being said I watched the Nitro play the Ice and score something like 15+ runs on them. No disrespect to the Classics and Hawks, I just have not seen you play yet.

Jeff
Thunder Elite

GAPSS has one 10U spot left. We have many of the top 10U teams playing and at $300 there really isn't any better way to spend the 4th of July weekend.

[td]
10U - 1 OPEN SPOTS Lady Lasers Red 98 Heart of Ohio Nitro Ohio Wave Burke Marion Diamonds Ohio Ice Ohio Stingrays 10U Ohio Dragons 98 Lady Lasers Purple Olentangy Lightning - Fogg Olentangy Lightning - Hilger Pittsburgh Lady RoadRunners
[/td]

Also, kudos to the RoadRunners - if I can't fill the the 12th 10U spot, they have requested to to be the team to play the HoO Nitro (an extra pool game for the RR) to make sure the Nitro gets 2 pool games and because they want to come to Ohio and take on the tough teams. I understand they are pretty tough themselves. Should be a great 10U tournament.

I have seen the Lasers play the Nitro team and they are head & shoulders above everyone else.
Perosnally I think that the Nitro team is better 1-8 in the field and definately at the plate but the Lasers #1 is better then the Nitro's #1. Having said that I saw Nitro hit the ball against the Lasers pitcher very well. They play a number of times before the season is over and I think that by seasons end Nitro will be the better team overall. They already hit and field better.

I have seen the Lasers play the Nitro team and they are head & shoulders above everyone else.
Perosnally I think that the Nitro team is better 1-8 in the field and definately at the plate but the Lasers #1 is better then the Nitro's #1. Having said that I saw Nitro hit the ball against the Lasers pitcher very well. They play a number of times before the season is over and I think that by seasons end Nitro will be the better team overall. They already hit and field better.

They have played 5 times and all of them have gone to the Lasers, IMHO the hitting and fielding logic doesn't work based on the total scoring of 45 to 20.

i think the poll is pretty much right on the mark. haven't played the lasers yet. had our fill of the nitro. spirit's in there as well. would like to meet up with the hawks and classics just to see where we stand. Dink, Eric, Bill you guys have great squads.

roadrunners and lasers meet this weekend in a friendly which will be interesting to see the outcome. roadrunners are "raking" the ball lately, but not sure how they'll do on the road. roadrunners pitcher is topping 55 mph with control and a decent change up... let me know how it goes trb--- best of luck to both squads. dave you're a great guy but i hope the bragging rights go to that team from O-H......I-O!!!

Don

No disrespect to the Classics and Hawks, I just have not seen you play yet.JeffThunder Elite

None taken.. I found out how good my girls are last weekend... we went thru pool play with me playing every girl (12) a lot - in all kinds of spots. Frankly, I thought we would still go 2-1 or so, but KK developed some soreness in her arm and we ended up going 0-3 and drawing the last bracket play spot - 6 Seed!

Told'em Sunday that if we are as good as I think we are, they are going to have to go from last - first, and they did. Straight thru with only 1 game break... KK struck out 65 of 105 outs, we threw 6 runners out at third and home from the outfield... it was a blast.

Funny one, the coach of the Lady Aces kept pointing to a different girl every inning or so and asking, "was she on your team yesterday?", "Where was she at yesterday..." - we played like a totally different team with my Sunday "9" in place - I swear I think he thought we brought in a new crew from the one they beat up on Saturday...

We look forward to seeing good competition this weekend with the RR- thanks to Iceman!

I love this. We finally got some people talking about the 10U's.

The Roadrunners can hit from the top to the bottom of the lineup. We lost a tough one to them a couple of weekends ago. My top pitcher was throwing nothing but offspeed meatballs and my number two fell asleep on the bench because she was sick. Hats off to the Roadrunners they are great. I would love to see them and the Lasers play. You guys will have to let us all know how it went at the friendly.

We'll let you know if we do well :). I also want to see the Nitro and the RR play at GAPPS should be a great game.....I just hope they wear each other out. :)

North Coast Spirit gets my vote as a top 10 team, big hitters and great pitching staff

They have played 5 times and all of them have gone to the Lasers, IMHO the hitting and fielding logic doesn't work based on the total scoring of 45 to 20.

I'm not trying to slam the Nitro in any way; they are a very very good team. Just don't understand the logic posted. Thought about this late last night and didn't want my comment to be taken wrong.

Looking a few weeks ahead, July is going to be fun! Both Gaps and Stingrays are chalked full of competition. FYI there is still one opening in GAPSS? It would be great if a NC Spirit, Hawks, or ? who we have not seen were to jump in!