10U Coach's Poll - Week of 6/16/08

1st place votes in ( )

Rank ? ? ?Team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pts.
1Lasers 10U (6)75
2Ohio ICE (1)68
3HOH Inferno52
4Valley Sting40
5Lasers 9U31
6Diamond Chix24
7Cincy Static22
8North Coast Spirit (1)20
9Poland pride18
10Willoughby Starzz12
Others receiving votes
Miami County Blaze (10), Stingrays (10), Valley Extreme (10), Diamond Dogs (9), Ohio Top Guns (7), Ohio Lady Warriors (7), Ohio Classics (6), Chill (6), Ohio Jaguars (5), Chain Reaction (4), Ohio Dragons (4), Cincy Doom (2), Phoenix (2), Wadsworth Grizzlies (1), Wizards (Morgart) (1)

This weekend in Greenville many of the top 10s will be there. Hopefully a chance for some teams to create seperation.

At Greenville: Miamisburg Sting, Ohio Hawks, Lasers 9U, Diamond Chix.

Looking Forward to tournament to see where they all fall.

teamdoc said:
This weekend in Greenville many of the top 10s will be there. Hopefully a chance for some teams to create seperation.

At Greenville: Miamisburg Sting, Ohio Hawks, Lasers 9U, Diamond Chix.

Looking Forward to tournament to see where they all fall.

Look for the Cross County Cannons at Greenville. They're definitely a sleeper that should play late on Sunday.

The INDY Diamond Chix are the real deal also, If they hook up with the Lasers, it'll be a great matchup of little ballers.

TheRinger said:
The INDY Diamond Chix are the real deal also, If they hook up with the Lasers, it'll be a great matchup of little ballers.

If I had to lay odds on the finals for Greenville, this matchup would be the favorite.

Cross County Cannons played us well. Good luck to all. The are definately a sleeper that could sneak up on you.

I haven't heard or seen much from the CC Cannons. Where are they from?

we saw them at a tourney in Harrison at Pastime Park. ?I recall them being from Covington, OH...near Piqua, OH.

Of the teams we've faced. I would rank

Indy Chix ahead of Lasers 9U - both hit Chix just bigger and hit harder. Anxious to see who wins in Greenville tomorrow.

10u Miami County Blaze over Heart of Ohio Inferno.

Ohio Hawks played pretty decent also.

are you guys kidding me? has anybody seen that machine created up in NE ohio called the 10u ice? i love the lasers & i've seen the rest.... ice 10u has lost one game all year!!!!! and that was in pool play. elimination round they beat that diamond chix team 10 to zero.......... i've seen 'em beat the laser 10u in an indoor game by more runs than i'd like to admit.

this team can hit, can pitch and is the fastest team i've ever seen. they ran a speed competition with four or five of their girls at a recent tournie and won the 10u division, and beat all the 12u's entered!!!!

i just wanna see the team that's better than them right now...........................

They must have lost more than once.

Kaylas_Dad said:
Yes the Ohio Ice is a great 10U team but not undefeated. The went 1-2 in pool play at the ASA Maple leaf loosing to the Diamond Chix and MOV-Flaming Fury. Then on Sunday double elemination they went 3-1 loosing to the Diamond Dogs and then moved on to win the tourney. At this point of the season there are a lot a very good 10U teams and we have not seen any to compare to the 10U Lady Lasers from last year, they were simply "lights out!" against everyone every weekend and I don't see any team like that yet this year.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend! ;)

L-Train said:
are you guys kidding me? has anybody seen that machine created up in NE ohio called the 10u ice? i love the lasers & i've seen the rest.... ice 10u has lost one game all year!!!!! and that was in pool play. elimination round they beat that diamond chix team 10 to zero.......... i've seen 'em beat the laser 10u in an indoor game by more runs than i'd like to admit.

this team can hit, can pitch and is the fastest team i've ever seen. they ran a speed competition with four or five of their girls at a recent tournie and won the 10u division, and beat all the 12u's entered!!!!

i just wanna see the team that's better than them right now...........................

Not sure how many girls have returned from last years Ohio Ice 10u team but from what I saw they were very tough. Also they looked to be a young 10u team last year so it is possible they returned alot.
My daughter had the task to pitch against them twice in the Cortland tournament in May of `07 when we took our community team there from Norwalk.

OP said:
clasicpride ? ?I couldn't agree more. ?I get tired of some of these coaches comming on here and telling everyone how good their team is and how they won again. ?Then they get votes to be considered in the top ten in the state- what a joke. ?Stop playing rec tournaments and running from the real competition.

Then these same teams go and sign up for the B division at States?????? ?What the heck is that. ?I think that they should not even be allowed to be considered for a top ten vote . ? Stop the look at me ? look at me and start playing the best if you want to be the best. ?Stop trophy hunting at all the rec tourneys and then when you finally go to a tourney that has real competition in it , don't run and hide in the B division. ?Sorry but that is just SAD. >:(

:'(Where's all the great 10U Teams. We have a state tournament where all the top teams should be playing and it looks like only five or six teams are entered. I agree with OP. If you get on here and talk about how good your team is you should be playing in the NSA State Tournament and prove that your a top 10 team. To be the best you must play and beat the best. >:(

10U Teams entered at NSA States:

Welcome to Tealtown!

2008 NSA Tournament Entries

10A
Ohio Dragons
Chill
Ohio Ice
Phoenix
Cincy Doom 97
Ohio Stingrays
Lady Lasers 9U
Lady Lasers 10U

10B

Ohio Pride
Diamond Dogs

Still looking for the rest of the top 20 teams to enter.

Why is there even an A and B at 10u. There should just be rec and select teams.

I hate to even reply to these "polls"

But, Let me start by saying that... " Nobody should take anyones opinion to be the truth" !!!!!

I have been around softball for many years and travel ball even longer..... My grade-school sweetheart got me interested back in the seventies!

Yes, Lisa Spotelson,..... if you are still out there, I have a place in my heart for you!!!

Her and her sister, Suzi played for Doc Montgomery at Holly Hills back in the day...

Suzi went on to play at Northwestern University and helped " the infamoius " Bill Lilley with The Slammers.

Lisa, I saw you in Cleveland (Brookpark) Apt's before your wedding!...Havent heard from you since..

Both of my daughters have been playing (through Dad's instruction and progressed through more educated instruction) travel ball.

I've seen the extremes of coaching and parent involvement.

Let me set the record straight in my eyes....

Great teams are made not "put together"....Elite girls at any level are not "Good" together if they dont click and " get it done " .

Therefore, COACHING especially at the youngest levels, is very important!!!!!!!!!!!

I put my 8 year old ( now 9 ) into the travel ball spectrum by trying her out....I told her that " your not ready for competition at this level" before tryouts and that she would have to impress the coaches that she was " COACHABLE" if she had any chance of progressing out of rec ball.

Well, she "got it done " and made for The Ohio Pride.

I was blown away... I put her into private batting lessons with the rule that if her grades slipped, travel ball was over..... She now has a 4.0 GPA and is now the lead-off lefty slappper for Ohio Pride you see at tourneys.

I praise God first, her hitting coach second, and her tremendous travel ball coach third!!

You will not find a more dedicated coach in travel ball than Jen Metz!!!

Ya, she makes mistakes like any other coach has but has taught her girls well!!!

I will miss her as she moves to 12u!

Here's my take..

We all think our region has great and mediocre teams...

We talk like...due to this or due to that ....our region is better...

But we really never know....

I have seen the following teams in my area and in tourneys....

Here is my breakdown....

1. Ohio Ice 10u
2. Lasers 10u
3. Valley Extreme 10u
4. Willoby Starrz 10u
5. Valley Sting 10u
6. OHIO PRIDE 10U
7. North Coast Spirit 10u
8. Ohio Top Guns 10u
9. Wadsworth Grizzlies 10u
10. Lasers 9u

I have seen great coaching at all the above teams. I personally think that the coach who originally put the talent together at the 10u Valley Sting was great... They have improved so well this year despite the poor chanting/ sportsmanship issues. Their girls are great athletes! They will do well in years to come.... The Ohio Ice 10u are the best base-running coached teams out there!!! Kudos to their coaching!! Wadsworth Girzzlies have come from nothing to something... They are one of the most improved teams in the state at this age group!

I love this game at all age groups.

I have alot of fun watching the younger groups make great plays that I EXPECT to see from my oldest drgts team as routine....

We should all bask in the glory of great plays our dgts make, NO MATTER what age group! This is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!

Love and peace and good ball to All!!!

robr
Very good and insightfull post. And Thank you for your kind words. When we put that team together there was never a question of talent. They were just green very lil travel ball experience.
Thank You
Warren Wolff

Robr ---nice post , you have alot to offer , don't be so shy about posting ! MD

By the looks of that post, it doesn't look like he's shy at all!LOL ;D