10U - Coach's Poll - week of 6/30/08

1st place votes in ( )

Rank ? ? ?Team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pts.
1Ohio ICE (3)66
2Lasers 10U (2)53
3Valley Sting (1)35
4Valley Extreme32
5HOH Inferno28
6Ohio Pride23
7Diamond Dogs22
8Lasers 9U17
9Cincy Static15
10Miami County Blaze14
"

Others receiving votes
North Coast Spirit (1) (10), Stingrays (8), Baseburners (8), Willoughby Starzz (7), Chill (7), Diamond Chix (7), Poland pride (6), Ohio Top Guns (5), Ohio Hawks (5), Ohio Classics (4), Ohio Jaguars (3), Cincy Doom (3), Chain Reaction (2), Phoenix (1),

This weekend should really shake out this poll. As quite a few teams that have votes will be at NSA States.

Just a thought but how can a team ( 9u lasers) beat Diamond Dogs, Ohio Ice and Valley Sting in the same weekend and drop from 5th to 8th in the polls? :-?

Asking myself the same question we beat the Lasers9U and the Ohio Pride that weekend and dropped off the top 10. Its just a poll for fun, I'm not ever sure how they do the the points? Good luck to all and have a safe holiday weekend.

When you only have six or so voters, that's how. Obviously some of these voters are ranking themselves artificially high to get points?

Good question 2 Stars. Winning over the #1 Ice, #3 Valley Sting, and the #7 Diamond Dogs all in the same weekend is quite impressive but a 9u team doing this is remarkable! This team also beat the #5 HOH Inferno last month in the Championship game of the Marysville tournament. I can't help but wonder what the Lasers 9u will be like in 2009 as a true 10u team.

I agree the Lasers 9U are a great group of girls and are very well coached. I have a feeling we are looking at one of next years front runners. Best of luck to them

Just a little heads up....Miamisburg Sting 10U only has 2 10s on the roster. They have gone 1-1 against the 9U lasers and beat the Blaze twice in the same weekend. Hopefully they can keep up their play this weekend against a tough Cincy Static team.

let me tell you, the Miamisburg Sting played us really well on day 2 at the Smokey Baker. They hit the ball and capitalized on some extra base hits. We hit very poor this weekend and some how managed to get to the championship (in a bad tourney format that cheated everyone-rain of course). Our lead off has only struck out 3 times all year and suddenly hit a bad spot :'( and she is batting around .750+ for the season. All in all, tough Indiana Diamonds/Miamisburg Sting teams (very well coached!!) and good pitching didn't help at all. That's the way it goes.