10U Preseason poll

Ok lets find out what everyone thinks of the 10U and how they are stacking up for the 2012 season.

Good 9U that have moved up to 10U?
Good showings at fall ball?

Poll of only Ohio teams??

1 Lasers Green
2 Stingrays
3 Buckeye Heat-Gill
4 Marion Diamonds
5 Ohio Storm

Would be my top five from what I've seen at this point. It's early still and teams are still being built.

Im at 12u but saw a very good 10u team in the North Coast Spirit this weekend

Thanks lionsfastpitch! we got to watch your game and me and my girls really enjoyed watching you guys!!!!!

North Coast Spirit is the real deal.... solid on both sides of the ball. I am sure they will make some noise this year.

Not trying to be bias, but north coast spirit needs to be added to the list. Great win this weekend!

Not trying to be bias, but north coast spirit needs to be added to the list. Great win this weekend!
I'm sure there are plenty of fine teams that can be added to the list. As I noted those where the top five 10u teams I've personally seen play. I can take it a little deeper and say those were the top 5 teams out of the 20 or so I've seen this fall. So that would limit the amount of teams I can speak of. Never heard of North Coast, but good luck this season hope to see you guys out there this summer :)

The Top 10 in no particular order is as follows

Ohio Hawks
Marion Diamonds
Ohio Stingrays
Lasers Green
Wizards Elite
Ohio Ice
Bukeye Force
Buckeye Heat
Ohio Outlaws
CO Vipers

Since its so early in the 10u season with new teams being formed, has anyone actually seen any of these teams in action either in tournament's or friendly's?

Just finished a year of travel 10u after a year of A rec ball. I can say the only real difference from A level rec to travel at 10u was athletic ability through the lineup. Some of the A rec teams would have beaten teams on last years 10u poll. The best shortstop i saw in the last 2 years was on a rec team. Pitching will always be the question mark, but at the A rec level there were some with good change ups and speeds matching and exceeding those of travel pitchers. The teams listed seem to all be from organizations with some history, but watch out for the little guy and the start ups at 10u. Remember, your girls are 10, have fun and learn the fundamentals.

10's are a cool age, your dealing with little sponges and the size differences in these kids is crazy. I know we haven't played in a game yet, we will be in Strongsville this week.

We are very young a few 8 yr olds and a bunch of 9 yr olds but will be fun to watch them develope this summer.

We played the Muskie Chix's this weekend and their pitching staff was incredible. The batting was no joke either. Almost all the way through, they were hitting the ball. Good team...watch out for them.

Hat's off to Valley extreme as well. Nice group of girls and coaches with great fundamentals.

Thanks for the nod to Ohio Outlaws. We are young as Warren said (With some raw talent throughout), but we came out and learned a lot to take into Strongsville this upcoming weekend.

Looking forward to improving into summer.

Who's the coach for North Coast Spirit? Is it most of the same girls as last year?

Seen some good softball at " pitch for the cure " Lasers Green has a stud IF all the way around. Look out for Buckeye Heat - Gill he's a great coach and the team can hit the ball! And they can play some D...They were solid. CO Vipers have a flame thrower they should play deep on Sundays I'm sure. Stingrays have a top coach in Gunter, a stud pitching staff and his girls will hit top to bottom.. Jeremy Hecker is doing very well with a veteran group of Diamonds there gonna be strong all year watch out...Can't wait til 2012 should be a fun summer!!

The Top 10 in no particular order is as follows

Ohio Hawks
Marion Diamonds
Ohio Stingrays
Lasers Green
Wizards Elite
Ohio Ice
Bukeye Force
Buckeye Heat
Ohio Outlaws
CO Vipers

Since its so early in the 10u season with new teams being formed, has anyone actually seen any of these teams in action either in tournament's or friendly's?
We played lasers green, I my mind #77 best 10u pitcher I have seen. I think that wad her number, a little better then Gators number one, just a theory. Both great teams.

I seen the North cost spirits and they are a very good hitting team, you surly cannot count this team out. Not sure what schedule they will play but you should keep your eye on them, they have the best catcher I have seen at this age. I also seen the silver Creek Stars and I believe they are a very well coached team with some really good ball players (this is the best team I have seen at the 10u age so far this year). If you are in Strongsville this weekend go watch them.

whats up cendro!! we have 7 new girls this year.great group of girls/parents...had alot of fun this weekend @venom fastpitch for freedom tourn.girls played great took 1st venom did a great job on and off the field. good luck to venom and vikings this season

Adam Acord
North coast 10u