12U Coaches Poll Pre-Season (4-2-13) RESULTS!!

1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank -- Team -- Total Pts

1. Thunder Elite'00 (7)....88
2. Laser Orange
(2).........83
3. Ohio Ice Black .............66
4. Ohio Classics ...............43
5. Wolfpack ......................32
6. HOO Fear Factor..........29
7. OFC Heat Orange.........28
8. Wizards Elite................24
9. Ohio Storm '01.............22
10. Valley Extreme...........16

Others receiving votes: Grand Slam (15), Cincy Static (11), Emeralds'00 (7)
Stingrays 00 (6),Laser Green (5), Orange Crush (5), Ohio Attack (5), Streak '00 (4) Ice Silver (2), Ohio Blast (2), Ohio Hawks '01 (1), Central Ohio Vipers (1)

If any team listed on the initial Poll want their Team name to appear differently, please let me know. I get a slew of different names/spellings for the teams each week and do my best to get it right when I post the Poll.

I'm pretty sure the top 3 teams listed have played each other a couple of times this year already. Without going back and reviewing the scores that have been posted, what kind of record exists between those three teams?

Can't wait for the season to start. 5 of the teams mentioned in this poll will be at a weekend of friendlies hosted by Thunder Elite the weekend of May 4th. (Thunder Elite, Lasers Orange, HOO Fear Factor, OFC Heat Orange and Cincy Static). Location is Rootstown. They will be joined by Team Penn, Team Mich, Compuware, Indiana Magic Gold and Aftermath.

I'm pretty sure the top 3 teams listed have played each other a couple of times this year already. Without going back and reviewing the scores that have been posted, what kind of record exists between those three teams?

I can only report on the games Thunder Elite '00 has played since the Fall.

Beat Laser Orange in Canfield Fall ASA Tourny Championship 3-1
Lost to Laser Orange in Spano Dome tourny pool play 2-0
Lost to Laser Orange in Spano Dome tourny Championship 2-0
Beat Ohio Ice Black in Spano Dome Tourny 3-3 .(More runners to 3b)

Jdcii ... Ohio Ice - Black just played Thunder Elite the one time Jeff mentioned above, and we have not faced Lasers Orange yet.

Can't wait for the season to start. 5 of the teams mentioned in this poll will be at a weekend of friendlies hosted by Thunder Elite the weekend of May 4th. (Thunder Elite, Lasers Orange, HOO Fear Factor, OFC Heat Orange and Cincy Static). Location is Rootstown. They will be joined by Team Penn, Team Mich, Compuware, Indiana Magic Gold and Aftermath.

Andrew, I was about to ask where Rootville was...rofl. I was wondering if you meant Rootstown. See, you guys just need to move up north like I told you before. ;&

Wow !!! only 9 teams voted ? that $uck$ :confused:.....looks like thunder is Top Dogs ! but will have a big target on there back I bet ! Rootstown will be a great Friendly ..... to bad ice-black wont be there ....???

Wow !!! only 9 teams voted ? that $uck$ :confused:.....looks like thunder is Top Dogs ! but will have a big target on there back I bet ! Rootstown will be a great Friendly ..... to bad ice-black wont be there ....???
Wrecker sounds like your up to your regular smak,Pm'ed you about your team affiliation,coach tell you to not tell? Think polls will change quickly on the lower half ,seems like alot of short term results taken into account, see lots of targets lol

Andrew, I was about to ask where Rootville was...rofl. I was wondering if you meant Rootstown. See, you guys just need to move up north like I told you before. ;&

Rootville is a suburb of Rootstown. Lol. Always one smart butt.

Ice Black is a very talented team. They are worthy of the spot they earned. While they are not in the Thunder Elite Friendly, they do have a very tough schedule and will be tested every weekend. Just in case you are curious, no we are not with the Ice, but have respect for the coaches, players and families from that team.

Let me just say i never said ice-black was undeserving . But just the opposite . As a #3 im surprise they were not in thunders friendly ! It sounds loaded....

Andrew ... thanks for the nice words. Not sure how we have only played the top 2 teams a total of once so far given we have played about 40 games this fall and winter including friendlies, but our paths just haven't crossed more than that. We've played the other 15 or so teams mentioned about 20 times by my count, and have a bunch more of them scheduled for friendlies during April. There were several factors that came into play why we aren't playing in the TE friendly, but I know I am planning to catch some of those games for sure, as that is a great field of teams. There is no question that those two teams deserve to be in the top 2 slots. I am sure we will see both of them down the road a few times between the Penn-Ohio Classic, Lasers, ASA States, GAPSS, Stingrays, etc. While it's nice to be recognized, I'm sure our goal is pretty much the same as most of the top teams, and that's just to have our girls keep getting better.

the 12u xpress team is a very solid team and shouldn't be left out of this poll

Top 3 teams are the real deal without a doubt! Some of the other teams like the Attack and Ice Silver we played in the dome spring league. They will move up this poll very fast!

I wanna put the 12u Lady Bombers in this talk what a team they have!. Also Dan Masiello's team Intensity. They have some great pitching and will
be a force.