12U Coaches Poll Week 1 (4-26-21) RESULTS !!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Vote are in ( )

Rank ----Team----Total Pts

1. Lasers Orange 08 (10).......................................108
2. Ohio Hawks 08 Hutch........................................74
3. Thunder Elite Vogan...........................................73
4. Ohio Wolfpack Wolff (2)....................................70
5. Ohio Storm 08 Pollard .......................................67
6. Finesse '08 Munoz .............................................65
6. Ohio Stingrays '08..............................................65
8. Beverly Bandits '09 ...........................................58
9. Lady Rebels '08...................................................27
10. Finesse HOF Musser.........................................19

Other receiving votes: Ohio Emeralds '08 Sirohman (11), Ohio Outlaws Masiello (9), Lasers Black (7), Ohio Ice Blue (4), Ohio Outlaws Frengel (2), Ohio Hawks Ford (1)...

Last edited:

swilliamson22

Reaction score
Just curious... I voted for Emeralds 08 Sirhoman in 7th place in my poll, doesn't that get you at least 3 points? Just curious why they didn't get mentioned in "Other receiving votes" in front of Outlaws Frengel (2) and Hawks Ford (1). I'm guessing it was just overlooked?

More likely those votes came to my team which should not have happened! As I said early in the week, I don’t think we should even be on the list.

swilliamson22

Reaction score
I thought the big girls took 'em behind the wood shed in Marion and put 'em in their place

I forget sometimes how easy it is to comment behind made up names on the internet. The teams in Marion were put against like competition, the bandits even though they are an 09 team played up against some of the top 08 groups (not all but a lot). They also picked up 2 extra games due to a team dropping out due to a positive covid test. I didn’t see any games throughout the entire park where any teams got “taken to the woodshed.” As an 09 coach, I appreciate the effort those girls displayed, even though it was not enough to win the game.

Catcher '08

Reaction score
Nothing against the Bandits 09 team at all but they played the big dogs and went home 1-5-1. Any of these top 10 could beat each other any day of the week, but the results probably dictated their drop in the rankings and they weren't even in the 'Super Pool' that the Karen's were talking about. I respond with the stuff some people need to hear, but don't want to post. Remember they're 6-7th graders and 'HUTCH' isn't recruiting them yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just curious... I voted for Emeralds 08 Sirhoman in 7th place in my poll, doesn't that get you at least 3 points? Just curious why they didn't get mentioned in "Other receiving votes" in front of Outlaws Frengel (2) and Hawks Ford (1). I'm guessing it was just overlooked?
I had them 10 in mine so thats 4 points minimum

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
No excuses, we didn’t play very good ball that weekend. We didn’t execute with runners in scoring position, we didn’t field the ball particularly well, and we didn’t hit. I post on here many times and promote my team frequently. Everyone knows I’ll put my team up against anyone 12U/14U— u bet I will 1. compete and win or 2. get better and see where we need adjustments.

Catcher '08

Reaction score
I remember 2 years ago watching a team called Buckeye Charge 08 at Sheer Madness. They beat three 07 teams in a row, Storm 07, Lasers Gray 07 and some TTUN team. That pitcher for them was a Stud. Hitting spots and her change-up made em look silly. The poll is pretty accurate from what I've watched so far.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I think maybe they probably were to be right after Ice Blue, which is listed twice. Just my thought.

Iceinmyveins

Reaction score
No excuses, we didn’t play very good ball that weekend. We didn’t execute with runners in scoring position, we didn’t field the ball particularly well, and we didn’t hit. I post on here many times and promote my team frequently. Everyone knows I’ll put my team up against anyone 12U/14U— u bet I will 1. compete and win or 2. get better and see where we need adjustments.
I like your approach. But 11u kids compared to 12u kids is the biggest jump you’ll see physically and mentally in the age groups. IMO. I don’t see any 09 teams remaining in the top 10 for the season moving forward. But I could be wrong. My wife tells me I am all the time.

Catcher '08

Reaction score
My only question is about #1. Yes they're good but haven't played since October and they tied #5 and lost to #6. I know its early in the season but I think the coaches voting might be giving them just a little too much respect. Can't wait to fly up and watch PGF in a couple weeks.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I agree Matt, over the last few years, wherever the top 08 teams were, your 09 team was there. Only a few 09 coaches that I know, played top teams almost every weekend. We all been down this road before with these polls, which are for fun, but they do create a competitive atmosphere between coaches. Look at the top ten and the majority of these teams are playing in most of the same tournaments all summer. As it has been in the past few years, it’s gonna be another great summer.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
My only question is about #1. Yes they're good but haven't played since October and they tied #5 and lost to #6. I know its early in the season but I think the coaches voting might be giving them just a little too much respect. Can't wait to fly up and watch PGF in a couple weeks.
Lasers Orange has pretty much set the standard for the 08 teams over the past few years. I won’t speak for other coaches, but for me, they have earned my respect over the past few years. I respect the coaches, players and their parents. They have won many big tournaments and Nationals over the past few years. Many of the teams in the top 10 have beat them, tied them and lost to them. Matter a fact majority of the top teams have played one another. They have won, lost and tied each other. Been a battle since first year of 10U. So the majority will be a Firefighters in May, Laser Nation in June, 5 Alarm Classic in Orrville at the end of June, come on up.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Looks like at least one of the 2 Coaches who didn't vote them 1st - didn't give them too much respect!
Only 8 points total from those 2! Either both thought they were bottom 5 or one left them off completely...
Pretty interesting.....

Richard Smith

Reaction score
I remember 2 years ago watching a team called Buckeye Charge 08 at Sheer Madness. They beat three 07 teams in a row, Storm 07, Lasers Gray 07 and some TTUN team. That pitcher for them was a Stud. Hitting spots and her change-up made em look silly. The poll is pretty accurate from what I've watched so far.
That Buckeye Charge 08 team was pretty good, beat any team on any given weekend, and they had awesome coaches.

Iceinmyveins

Reaction score
There was the pre-season poll. And now the poll from 4/26. Not “the poll since they’ve been 8u”. I think once you get to 12u things start to even out and the voting should be by who has played so far.

Last edited: