12U Coaches Poll Week 1 (5-16-22) Get Your Votes In!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
12U Coaches,

Submit your top 10 to me by Wednesday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.
Must include teams #1-10 in your vote.

I will post results around Noon on Thursday.

You can PM me or email me at my EMAIL ADDRESS : jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

THill0331

Reaction score
3P Lady Irish 09 currently 32-15-2 (11-5-2 since preseason poll)
Results
Winter Slam 2 (Rossford, OH) (2-1)
Notable Games
W vs Northern Indiana Elite 09
L vs Finesse Bragg

Battle at Berliner Runner Up (5-1)
Notable Games
W vs Outlaws Morrison
W vs Cincy Doom Reynolds
L vs Lasers Black

PGF Northern (1-1-2)
W vs T2 Carah
T vs T2 Mullen
T vs Firecrackers Ferrara
L vs Oak Park Windmills

Future Stars (3-2)
Notable Games
W vs Wolfpack Almond (Currently 3-0 against)
W vs Buckeye Heat 09 (Currently 2-1 against)

We are off until June after the cancellation of PGF Midwest, due to my wedding and honeymoon, next two tournaments Stars and Strikes in Findlay, and Dayton Metro. Good luck to everyone, hopefully we will see you soon!

JporterCB

Reaction score
Since the pre season poll Wolfpack 09

is coming off a championship win at the

HOF classic, a 2-2-1 record at

Future Stars, and a championship win at Choose Joy.

Stars

W4-3 Buckeye Heat

W8-3 Racers 09

T3-3 Emeralds 09

L 2-3 Lady Irish 09

L5-13 Finesse Bragg

Our girls struggled with some

inconsistencies in the field all weekend

but we were able to keep our starting

pitchers in for the entire duration of

each game to try to work themselves

out of a hole. As with most friendlies We

tested the depth of our roster to see

what they were capable of both on the

mound and behind the plate.

At Choose Joy the team went 7-0 with consistent hitting throughout the lineup and great pitching. The team is gelling into a unit as we get into the thick of our schedule.

We have an exciting schedule ahead of us and

we're ready to work out the remaining kinks as

we are finally able get an actual

practice in on dirt this week! ( weather

pending ) Look forward to seeing a lot

of you over the next few weeks!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
This thread is where I would like coaches to post there results/scores from the previous weekend so coaches can make informative decisions when casting their votes

oiler_pride

Reaction score
This thread is where I would like coaches to post there results/scores from the previous weekend so coaches can make informative decisions when casting their votes

Mike Homan

Reaction score
Mike Homan - Ohio Outlaws Premier 2010

Our Outlaws have been playing some pretty good ball of late. 23-9 Spring record. We have been off the last two weekends.. two weeks ago was the PGF Midwest Championship that was cancelled and then this past weekend was our scheduled off weekend. Prior that, we brought home the PGF Super Select Northern Championship from Michigan. This was a great weekend for us, although it was very cold, our kids played tough, went undefeated and won our first PGF together. After that was the big 58 team/30 different states PGF Super Select 11u Championship in TN were we placed 11th overall. We went 2-0 through pool play, earned the 1 seed in our pool, came out Saturday morning in our first bracket game and lost. Defensively we did great, offensively we hit, each kid put the ball in play however we hit the ball hard right to every defender and just couldnt score that game. We bounced back winning a few in a row, playing all the way through midnight to make it to Championship Sunday. We didnt get back to our hotel until around 1:20am and had to be back for warm ups at 7:00. Our kids battled all day Saturday and just didnt have the gas to go Sunday morning. With the time change and it actually feeling like EST to us, the girls were just drained. No excuses, just facts... We ended up losing that game to send us home to a solid Texas Hotshots Premier team. I truly believe with 2-3 more hours of rest, we could of went pretty deep Sunday, but that wasnt the outcome. Proud of our girls for their efforts, placing 11 in that gauntlet is something im happy with.

We actually play the next 4 weekends in a row after a schedule change so im excited to see how we do after some down time. This weekend we head to Bowling Green, KY to play in a solid field of teams at the Kentucky Chrome Invite. After winning the PGF Northern Super Select our team starting clicking and the chemistry is starting.. excited to get back onto the field together this weekend in KY.

I try to follow as many teams as I can fnid on GC and Facebook... looks like a lot of you guys are playing some great ball. Congrats to everyone on their success as of late.. keep grinding out there and representing the state of Ohio!

Reaction score
The Lasers Black 09 is 11-0 thus far this spring…

The team won the Battle @ Berliner and went 5-0 in the Futures in April

Battle @ Berliner Wins
Ohio United Gold 10 (11-0)
Ohio Mojo 09 (4-0)
Ohio Hawks Donaldson (13-2)
Beverly Bandits 09 Bailey (1-0)
Ohio Stingrays 09 (9-1)
3P Lady Irish (12-7)

Futures Friendly Wins
Outlaws 09 Trbovich (7-5)
Beverly Bandits 09 Bailey (5-2)
Ohio Hawks National 09 King (6-2)
Ohio Stingrays 09 (7-3)
Indy Dreams 09 (3-0)

Other events in April, a 14u Friendly & 12u PGF in Youngstown were rained out. This coming weekend tournament will be the first of 11 consecutive to finish out our season. Saturday we will be without both catchers and a pitcher as they wrap up their volleyball season. They will all return Sunday for elimination so we should finally have all 11 players moving forward, give or take a few games late in the season. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Upcoming May tournaments
12u Veteran’s Memorial – Ashland, Ohio
12u Firefighters Memorial – Columbus, Ohio

swilliamson22

Reaction score
Ohio Thunderbolts 2027
34-10-2
Coaches: Steve Williamson, Drew Rainey

When PGF Super Select rained out, TeamPa, Lasers Black and Thunder elite Premier 14u got together for indoor reps. I thought we played well in 17/18 innings. Lasers Black beat us in that and should be voted near the top of your ballot! They were very good.
We go to Outlaws PGF Breast Cancer Shootout this weekend and we are almost back to full strength or will be on Sunday. We have challenged the girls to play at a high level and missing pieces, but they have responded!

Since Pre-season Poll
Future stars 4-1-1
W vs SGS magic 8-0
W vs Michigan Firecrackers 8-2
L vs SilverCreek Hare 4-2
W vs Ohio Storm 09
W vs tenn mojo
T vs Bev Bandits 0-0 (revert back)

We are plying well and will continue to get better!