12U Coaches Poll Week #11 (7-7-15) RESULTS!!!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
1st Place Votes are in ( )

Rank --- Team --- Total Pts

1. Mason Thunder (4)..........164
2. Lasers White (11)............155
3. Ohio Ice Red (1)..............119
4. OFC Heat .......................106
5. Ohio Storm'02...................99
6. Wizards 419......................82
7. Cincy Slammers '02(2).......50
8. Ohio Classics '02................43
9. Ohio Starz '02...................33
10. Wolfpack '02...................23

Others receiving votes: Sundogs phares (17), Ohio Outlaws '02 (16), Wizards Elite '03 (13), Cincy Doom (14), Lasers Black (9), Outlaws'03 (5), Erie Diamonds (5),CO Vipers'02 (4),Stingrays '03 (4), Lady Knights (4), Buckeye Heat black (4), Stingrays '02 (3), Ohio Lightning White (3),Hurricanes (3), Fury Fastpitch vegas (2), Explosive Black (2), Sundogs '03 (2), CO Vipers '03 (1), Wizards brickner (1), Wildcats Fastpitch (1),

Last edited:

CarMad

Reaction score
I still don't understand this. How is it possible (other than dislike) for Lasers to have that many first place votes and not be first! Mason Thunder is awesome and could be better but there is obvious collusion because no one else is closer. I get the math but this poll would be respected more if people voted based on merit and not self promotion or pure dislike for another org. There is no way Phares' team isn't top 10! Hell we beat several (several times) but I get it with us. We should name this poll "who are your favorite teams and tell us how much you like yourself!" HaHa! I'm not even drinking.

Longtoss1

Reaction score
While I totally get everyone's frustration with the poll, we all need to just calm down. I am sure the Lasers and Mason Thunder really don't care what the poll says as they are more interested in what happens on the field, and not what a few individuals have to say about how good their teams are. We have the same thing in college football but they have somewhat fixed that with the playoff. Same thing applies here worry about what happens on the field not anything else.

Last edited:

CarMad

Reaction score
Sorry to rile people up. This had nothing to do with mason thunder being better or worse. They are obviously both great. More about voting with your heads not your hearts!

SheThrowsHeat

Reaction score
When the two teams meet it will be a great ballgame to see. 2 very talented teams going head to head and both will have to come with 110% effort and heart. Sad somebody has to lose. With that being said, there are many other matchups I would like to see scattered across the groups of teams listed in the poll. There are some amazing players scattered throughout that group.

us3odums

Reaction score
I believe this is a Head coach only poll (i could be wrong) so maybe some coaches need to get to voting.

sftball follower

Reaction score
Looks like most of these teams are at two tournaments this weekend.....Stingrays and Cinderella Classic. Should be some great games. Also, I noticed some of inquired about previous week rankings. Here are rankings after week 1, compared to where we are today. As you can see A LOT of teams not ranked / honorable mention has changed drastically last 11 weeks. I do believe OP said this was a 12 week pool. If that is the case this is the last weekend to make your case.....if not I apologize

rankings after week 1: see above for week 11 rankings
1st Place Votes are in ( )
Rank --- Team --- Total Pts
1. Lasers White (8).............107
2. Mason Thunder '02 (2).....99
3. Ohio Storm '02 (1)...........84
4. Ohio Ice Red ..................83
5. Ohio Classics'02 .............55
6. Cincy Slammers '02.........39
7. Cincy Doom'02................30
8. Sundogs-phares..............26
9. Wolfpack '02...................24
10. Dirt Dawgs '02...............13
Thunder Elite 02
Explosive Black
T13
Wizards Elite 03
Stingrays 02
CO Vipers 03
Lasers Black
T17
Coventry Fury
CO Vipers 02

jnewton

Reaction score
Love the minor drama over a 12u girls poll! "Dislike for Lasers?...Collusion?...Self promotion?...pure dislike for another organization?...Voting with your heads and not your hearts?" Really??? Funny stuff.

For the record, Mason Thunder doesn't even have a vote in this 12u poll!!! I would guess Lasers and Slammers have 2 votes included each (11u and 12u teams); and Ice Red has 1 vote included.

We are looking forward to a fun and exciting Stingrays Tournament!!

Last edited:

Caines03

Reaction score
While I totally get everyone's frustration with the poll, we all need to just calm down. I am sure the Lasers and Mason Thunder really don't care what the poll says as they are more interested in what happens on the field, and not what a few individuals have to say about how good their teams are. We have the same thing in college football but they have somewhat fixed that with the playoff. Same thing applies here worry about what happens on the field not anything else.

Can not agree more. All that matters is what happens on the field. The 03 teams on the list have to be happy they are even mentioned! There are some really GREAT 02's this year and from what we have seen and playing a number of these 02's in this poll I think its a very close with the caveat anyone of these top 10-12 could beat any other any given day. As far as #1 or #2? let those guys battle on the field.... Still think the poll is entertaining and MAD respect for the teams who participate.

Hooligan

Reaction score
This is fun stuff. For the sake of transparency, iIce Red does indeed have a vote in this pool. We've played one of the top two to a 0-0 tie through 4 innings before the rain and haven't faced the other since last year. But until you beat 'em, you can't put yourself in front of them. Fingers are crossed for the chance to have some objective evidence to support a change to my vote.

As submitted the last two weeks....

1. Mason Thunder 02
2. Lasers White
3. Ohio Ice Red

Reaction score
We need to have an end of year tournament for all the teams in the Top 10 maybe in zanesville, even if my team wouldn't make it I'd trek down from sandusky just to watch