4HoO Nitro59
4Cincy Static '9748
6Ohio Classics '9742
7Ohio Hawks '98 Black38
8Stingrays '9734
9Cincy Doom '9733
10Ohio Glory24

Others receiving votes
Stingrays '98 (14), Ohio Danger (1) (12), Ohio Hawks '97 Gold (10), Nightmare (9), Springfield Bandits (7), Buckeye Elite (7), Valley Extreme '97 (7), Thunder Elite (7), Diamond Dogs (6), PC Sting White (5), Southern Ohio Hammerheads (5), Ohio Wave - Stone (5), HoO Inferno (5), Poland Pride (5), SGS Magic (3), Top Guns (3), Ohio Power (3), Valley Extreme Red (2), Cincy Static '98 (1), Buckeye Heat '97 (1), Gland Slam (1), Ohio Classics '98 (1),

After seeing Ohio Glory and Stingrays this weekend and they are ranked 10 and 8, I cant wait to see the rest of the top 10 this summer.

Most of them will be in Dayton on Memorial Day weekend
12U team list for Dayton Metro Tourny
Buckeye Heat 97'
Cincy Static 97'
Ohio Hawks 97' Gold
Ohio Hawks 98' Black
Ohio Ice 12u
Ohio Lady Lasers-Orange
Ohio Lady Lasers 98'-Red
Ohio Glory
Indy Blast

Swore I wasn't going to comment, but I have to say something. The Ohio Glory are 2 and 0 in head to head matchups versus Stingrays '97, beating them once in the fall and just this past weekend at Lancaster and they are still ahead of us. So much for earning it on the field...

I have been thinking about the process ... we would be willing to create a web site where head coaches would register their team and become eligible to vote. Their team would show up in the list of teams to vote for .. then every Monday the coaches would update the site with the teams that they played (that are registered to recieve votes) over the weekend with the score of the game.

Teams would get points for the coaches votes -as they do today - and when they beat a team in the poll - they would get additional points depending on the standing of that team in the poll that weekend...

I think this would be a great way to make this more accurate... the problem is that too many coaches don't get to see teams early in the season and it turns into a popularity or prev year's reputation contest...

What does everyone think about taking this approach?

Doug

I think your right on there has to be a better way to validate as a team that has been beat head to head should not be ranked ahead of another- at least not this early. At the end of the season you must take into consideration the entire body of work but early on head to head should have a heavy weighting.

Otherwise if it stays as is then everyone just needs to understand that it is nothing more than a view of last years reputation and a popularity vote.

They do usually get the top 4-5 correct but anyone could do that.

Swore I wasn't going to comment, but I have to say something. The Ohio Glory are 2 and 0 in head to head matchups versus Stingrays '97, beating them once in the fall and just this past weekend at Lancaster and they are still ahead of us. So much for earning it on the field...

It is about more then a head to head match up. What if the Stingrays had beat the Lasers but lost to The Glory? Don't know but I do know you have to consider more then a couple games. You may be right, not a perfect system.

Its not a perfect system.....Its a human poll! Of course its not perfect. And this poll is just a fun friendly one....Glory is a very good team and probably deserves to be top 5-6 as of right now.....I actually had them at 6 this week. The 12u division is tough....Im sure by mid season the cream will rise to the top and the voting will be more accurate.

I would say post scores on Mondays so when people make their polls they have something to really go by. Almost wverytesm on my poll I have seem play.

Bud, what other tourneys will you be in against some of these teams to get more exposure for your squad? This time a year a lot of it is reputation and what you did last year. Come July the cream will rise and normalcy will be restored.

I have been thinking about the process ... we would be willing to create a web site where head coaches would register their team and become eligible to vote. Their team would show up in the list of teams to vote for .. then every Monday the coaches would update the site with the teams that they played (that are registered to recieve votes) over the weekend with the score of the game.

Teams would get points for the coaches votes -as they do today - and when they beat a team in the poll - they would get additional points depending on the standing of that team in the poll that weekend...

I think this would be a great way to make this more accurate... the problem is that too many coaches don't get to see teams early in the season and it turns into a popularity or prev year's reputation contest...

Interesting...
It sounds like a combination of two parts of the BCS!

Bud, what other tourneys will you be in against some of these teams to get more exposure for your squad? This time a year a lot of it is reputation and what you did last year. Come July the cream will rise and normalcy will be restored.

We will be at Vipers ASA Eastern Qual this weekend, Kettering on Memorial Day Weekend, Laser Invitational, ASA State Championship, and Edward Jones NSA WSQ in Lancaster. However, I think most in 12U know who we are? Doesn't matter, we'll just keep playing!

There you go. It looks like Laser's is brutal and ASA states will be well represented. Good showings there and you will be right up there. Good luck the rest of the year. Any word on the DD's leg?

There you go. It looks like Laser's is brutal and ASA states will be well represented. Good showings there and you will be right up there. Good luck the rest of the year. Any word on the DD's leg?

Swelling finally went down enough to do MRI, which they are going to do Friday. Everything looks promising so far, as it appears to be structurally sound. They are just worried about the miniscus, but if that is it, she should be back shortly. I know we are out this weekend, but hopefully we will be back for Kettering tourney.

:rolleyes:anybody thats anybody will be in Dayton next weekend. If you think you are a someone or want to see how you measure up....call Doug Lenos and see if you can get in...other than that, fight club will be over after this weekend and we can then disclose all tourney action and scores unabated without prejudice...untill then Ringer...your the BOSS:cap:

I don't see it as a problem...I see it as entertainment - I know that I do not vote for this poll, but I generally agree that any one of the top teams can beat any of the others at any given time..that is what makes it fun..it's a poll...it IS a popularity contest...If you were not a quality team...you wouldn't be POPULAR.... the Lasers', Nitro, Classics, Ice have all earned their spots at the top...it's up to the rest of us to get to that level and win in the head to head's -

shouldn't even need a week #5 coaches poll - just the scores from Dayton Metro Tourny

shouldn't even need a week #5 coaches poll - just the scores from Dayton Metro Tourny

lol that is true with exception of a couple teams everyone is gonna be there i for one am very excited to face all these teams and regardless of outcome girls from all teams will win there is no games off when you play like that you get better

lol that is true with exception of a couple teams everyone is gonna be there i for one am very excited to face all these teams and regardless of outcome girls from all teams will win there is no games off when you play like that you get better

Very true. There is going to be some good ball that weekend for sure. Looking forward to seeing all of these outstanding teams.

Sooo looking forward to this tournament... so many good teams and that will only make everyone better.