12U Coaches Poll Week #5 (5-27-13) Get Your Votes In !!!

PM me your votes in by Tuesday Night 11:00PM. Votes will be tallied and results posted by Noon on Wednesday.
List your top 10 teams in a #1 -10 format. Remember to include the team you are representing. Only 1 coach/representative per team is allowed to vote.

Buckeye Heat 00 opened their season by going 5-1 and a 2nd place finish in the Brittany Anderson Memorial Tournament. Played very well till a bad 1st inning in the championship game put them in a huge hole they couldnt climb out of. Congrats to Stingrays 00 on a great weekend which included another big win over Lasers Green 11-2 before they beat us in the finals.

Buckeye Heat 00 results
beat Lady Barracudas 13-0
beat Venom 12u 8-1
beat Liberty Blazers 8-7
beat Ohio Hawks 00 10-4
beat Ohio Storm 01 5-1
lost Ohio Stingrays 00 19-5

Sorry Guys I'm not much into these polls things, but I think I should mention our team the Ohio Sapphires 00 as we are having a good season. We won the Original Maple Leaf Tournament this weekend. We went 6-2 overall (5-0 on Sunday). We had a quality win this week over #6 Ohio Wolfpack. We have had other quality wins this season beating #8 Ohio Blast, and previously ranked top 10 team Valley Extreme 00.

Thunder Elite 00 wins Penn Ohio ASA/USA.
Pool play:
beat Pitt Riot 18-1
beat Impact 15-0
Bracket play:
beat Pitt Roadrunner 15-0
beat Lasers Orange 8-3
beat Ohio Ice Black 5-2
Championship:
beat Lasers Orange 8-3

Cincy Static 00 went 5-0 this weekend to win USSSA Southern States.
Beat Cross County Cannons
Beat MV Express Rose
Beat Cincy Magic 00
Beat Ohio Hawks 01 Robinson twice, once in bracket play and once in championship game.

Great job this weekend Lady Vipers 00 at Firefighters tournament!!
Vipers 4 - Roadrunners black 1
Vipers 11- Ohio storm blue 3
Vipers 4- Ohio Glory 00 2
Vipers 4- Ofc heat orange 0
Vipers 3- Indy chix 5

One bad inning in the last game but the girls did awesome!!
Took 3rd in the gold bracket.

Stingrays 00 went 6-0 at the Brittany Anderson Memorial.
On Saturday -Beat Ohio Hawks, Dublin Rocks, Buckeye Heat
On Sunday
Stingrays 24 - Lions 0
Stingrays 11 - Laser Green 2
Championship
Stingrays 19 - Buckeye Heat 5

Thought they played well this weekend 54 runs scored to 7 against on Sunday alone.

Static 00 is no joke. Patient at the plate and next to perfect in the field. Hope we meet again. Great game!

Lasers Green 01 went 4-1 at the Brittany Anderson Memorial.

Won 8-2 vs Buckeye Heat 01
Won 17-2 vs Gahanna Lions
Won 4-3 vs Ohio Hawks 00
Won 15-0 vs Dublin Rocks
Lost 11-2 vs Stingrays 00 in 7 innings

Congrats to Stingrays 00 on there championship.

Wolfpack-Chevalier competed this weekend at the "Original" Mapleleaf we finished the weekend 5-1.

Won v. Ohio Energy, Hott Soxx, Orange Crush, Outlaws00, Valley Extreme-Kelm
Lost v. Ohio Sapphires00

Having competed in 20 games in the last 3 weekends, I am proud of our young group we have competed against many top 15 teams. Thunder Elite, Lasers Orange, Ohio Ice Black are the tops of course, but it sounds like some of the teams down south would like to get together. I will agree with Gotribe1 the Ohio Sapphires00 looked as good as anyone we have seen this past weekend. They have some strong players. We didnt have our A game and they beat us silly. Their hitting and pitching was on. I was equally impressed with the Ohio Blast lately and of course Grand Slam. Not many 11u pitchers throw as hard and well as Mr Kelms daughter on his fabulous team that we fought hard against for the second week.

Props out to the Wolfpack Roby 10U who won the MapleLeaf and the Wolfpack99's-Fogle who were finalists in the 14U Ohio-Penn in Canton(highest Ohio finishing team).

dr_eddie, I think your girls set the tone for the summer by beating Lasers Orange at the Canton Mother's Day tournament: Any given day, anything can happen. Always bring your A game! As a Blast parent, we appreciate your kinds words and your competitiveness! Our two wins versus Wolfpack, two versus Grand Slam(one in ITB), and our split with the Sapphires were all sprited contests. Hopefully the weatherman will give us all a break and bring a little heat the rest of the way.

Great job going undefeated !

beating Ice Black ...

And Lasers Orange 2 times !

Ohio storm 01 went 4-1 at the Brittany Anderson memorial
beat ohio hawks 00 10-3
beat barracudas 16-0
beat venom 00 10-3
beat liberty blazers 11-4
lost to buckeye heat 00. 5-1

Great job going undefeated !

beating Ice Black ..

And Lasers Orange 2 times !
" Must be a proud parent" or a coach using a second OFC name ,will we ever know? either way there scores are allready posted, on top again Thunder good job!

good job cincy static, what a great game between you guys and the xpress going to the international tie breaker. both teams are very solid

" Must be a proud parent" or a coach using a second OFC name ,will we ever know? either way there scores are allready posted, on top again Thunder good job!

Coach using a second name? Really? I seriously doubt it. I suppose a proud parent is possible...I do not know who it is, but in looking at old posts made by this person, it doesn't seem to me as if they are.

I am not saying I agree/disagree with this person mentioning the results a second time. However, I do find it interesting that you instantly picked up on this just because it is Thunder - seems to be a pattern. I notice that you did not knock anyone else that was mentioned more than once in this thread; but thanks for the congratulatory remarks...as always, our entire team of girls contributed to our success this past weekend.

Stingrays 00 went 6-0 at the Brittany Anderson Memorial.
On Saturday -Beat Ohio Hawks, Dublin Rocks, Buckeye Heat
On Sunday
Stingrays 24 - Lions 0
Stingrays 11 - Laser Green 2
Championship
Stingrays 19 - Buckeye Heat 5

Thought they played well this weekend 54 runs scored to 7 against on Sunday alone.

Congrats to the 12u 'Rays!

Coach using a second name? Really? I seriously doubt it. I suppose a proud parent is possible...I do not know who it is, but in looking at old posts made by this person, it doesn't seem to me as if they are.

I am not saying I agree/disagree with this person mentioning the results a second time. However, I do find it interesting that you instantly picked up on this just because it is Thunder - seems to be a pattern. I notice that you did not knock anyone else that was mentioned more than once in this thread; but thanks for the congratulatory remarks...as always, our entire team of girls contributed to our success this past weekend.
Well said!! Great team!! Good job girls!!

Like it or not, Jeff puts a great team on the field. They play like pros and they win. A lot. Not sure why the beef, but somehow, I am guessing he doesn't really care and isn't giving your opinion a second thought.

Speaking from personal experience, whatever your problem is with him, just let it go. Your resentment of him hurts you. Not him.

Like it or not, Jeff puts a great team on the field. They play like pros and they win. A lot. Not sure why the beef, but somehow, I am guessing he doesn't really care and isn't giving your opinion a second thought.

Speaking from personal experience, whatever your problem is with him, just let it go. Your resentment of him hurts you. Not him.
No problem with Jeff,no resentment either,Dosn't hurt me a bit,Ive never said I didn't like him or his team,Just wonder why no one has the b---s to say they can be beaten,or how,He's not my softball God,just a man that knows what he's doing and get's it done with his teams.Ton of respect for what he's done ,but will all ways look for weaknesses in what he's doing on the field ,are we all supposed just accept defeat?not while im alive .