12U Coaches Poll Week 9 (6-21-21) Get Your Votes In !!

oiler_pride

Reaction score
Submit your top 10 to me by Wednesday night 11pm. Remember to include your name and team you are representing. You must be a coach or designated representative of your team in order to vote.
Must include teams #1-10 in your vote.

I will post results around Noon on Thursday.

You can PM me or email me at my EMAIL ADDRESS : jeffreylsteiner@gmail.com

kidbuckeye

Reaction score
Lasers Orange won the Ohio Blast Fathers Day Classic this past weekend going 8-0. This was a very well ran tournament and was old school 32 team bracket with seeding like 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31 and so on. Somehow with 32 teams there we got to face Lady Rebels 08 twice. Lol. That was the first time we got to see them. A very good team and was impressed with them. We also faced the Eastern Area Tigers from Pittsburgh in the semis that had a great weekend. We got rolling Sunday and carried it into the championship vs Emeralds 08- Lester and had our best game of the tourney. We played consistent offensively, defensively, and the pitching was superb all three days.

Pool Play
W Akron Racers 08- Page
W Lady Rebels 08
W Ohio Warriors

Bracket Play
W Explosives
W Ohio Warriors
W Lady Rebels 08
W Eastern Area Tigers (PA)
W Ohio Emeralds 08- Lester

Lasers Orange Record 44-8-1
vs Ohio teams 30-4-1
vs Out of State teams 14-4

***Key Wins***
Tennessee Mojo 2026
Indiana Gators Premier-Meyer
Stingrays 08
Finesse - Munoz x 3
Ohio Hawks- Ford
Outlaws- Masiello
Wolfpack-Wolff x 2
Pittsburgh Spirit Gold
Firecrackers-Klonica
Thunder Elite-Vogan
IMG Bennett/Goddard
Finesse-Davis
WV Sting 08
Ohio Thunder 08
USSSA Pride Navy
Pittsburgh Lady Roadrunners 08
Lady Rebels 08 x 2
Eastern Area Tigers

We will be at the 5 Alarm Classic this weekend with a very talented field so it should be fun.

MSirohman

Reaction score
Ohio Emeralds 08-Sirohman (Since April 1) Overall record 25-12-2

We were off last weekend and play in the Midsummer Mayhem in Morgantown WV this weekend.

ACS CLASSIC (Pittsburgh, PA) June 11-13

Despite strong pitching all weekend (ERA of 1.40) we went 1-2-2 in pool play and lost in the first round of elimination losing each of the 3 games by 2 runs. The competition was very good in Western PA and for the second straight weekend we gave the opponent too many free outs on defense which was the difference in each loss/tie.
Pool play. Tied Pittsburgh Rawlings Tigers 3-3; Beat Gama Storm 9-2; Tied Pittsburgh Power Neese 7-7; Lost to Pittsburgh Passion 5-3; Lost to AC River Fury 8-6; Bracket play lost to Devil Dogs 3-1.

VALLEY EXTREME SUMMER STARTER (double elimination): 6-2 on the weekend finishing in 2nd place (lost to Wolfpack Wolff in the championship)
We went 3-0 in pool play defeating Ice Blue (5-0), Pittsburgh Power (3-0) and Ohio Energy (8-0).
In bracket play we defeated Pittsburgh Power (8-7), Ice Blue (8-3), lost to Wolfpack Wolff (8-1), defeated Pittsburgh Power (9-5) and lost to Wolfpack Wolff (12-0) in the championship.
Overall we had a good run playing well in all phases through Saturday. Sunday our mental/physical stamina started to drop and we made too many mistakes all day. When we give great teams like the Wolfpack extra outs we got the expected result.
Still a great weekend of softball.

This weekend we travel to PA to take on a variety of Pennsylvania teams in the ACS classic in Pittsburgh. 6 gg, with up to 9 games total.

FIRESTONE FRENZY (Akron, Ohio)
In pool play beat Wizards Gold Hady (4-1), Ohio Energy Percassi (5-0), Explosive (9-1)
In bracket played beat Stark Raiders (11-3), lost to Mid Ohio Bullets (9-3)
***Although I don't usually comment, I was impressed with 3 additional teams that I was not familiar with previously. Wizards Gold, Mid Ohio Bullets and USSSA Pride Navy were extremely well coached good teams. The USSSA Navy team went 7-0 and defeated an excellent Cobras 08 team in the finals.

May Mayhem May 14-16 (Streetsboro/Rootstown)
In pool play beat Thunder Elite Marlatt (16-0), beat Willoughby Starzz (12-0), Lost to Cobras 08 (11-10)
In bracket play beat Chardon Storm (10-5), beat Ice Blue (2-1), beat Ohio Warriors 08 (3-1), lost to Cobras 08 in Championship (6-3)

May 12-Beat Manchester Pride (8-2) in a friendly

WILDCAT PRIDE ENQ May 1-2

In pool play, beat Racers 09 (12-3), lost to Texas Glory (PA) (12-2)
In bracket play beat Outlaws Futures (8-5) and lost to Wolfpack-Wolff (4-3)

HOF Classic April 9-11

We finished as a 1 seed, defeating Outlaws Trbovich (5-3) and Akron Racers 08 (8-1) in pool play. We lost to Thunder Elite-Slyvester 4-0 in our first game.
In bracket play we defeated Finesse-Kubacki (15-2); and Emeralds 09 (11-3); We lost the championship (7-6) to Silver Creek Prospects 08 (PA Team)

Friendlies on April 25:
Defeated Phantoms (15-2); and Defeated Cobras 08-Granchi (8-5)

steve77621

Reaction score
I would like to give a big shoutout to Stingrays 08 for winning 3 games in Tennessee against the best teams from around the country, Finesse Munoz also represented Ohio with a win down there. In the 09 division the Bandits won 4 games and the Emeralds 09 had a good showing with 2 wins. Very impressive when you are playing the nations best.

swilliamson22

Reaction score
OhioEmeralds’09
51-31-1
Coaches: Steve Williamson, Drew Rainey, Maddie Johnston

We attended PGF Mojo Invitational in Nashville, Tn. We battled some of nations top teams and hung with them well, going 2-3. The heat in the South is something we were not prepared for and game #1 showed it with an embarrassing loss. We played back to back against a team that beat us in PGF Ohio and we fired a no-hitter to win 6-1! We won our first bracket game vs Texas Outlaws 5-1. Then played Frost Falcons and Fury 09 from Nashville area. Both are very good teams and we hung with them but couldn’t get the timely hit to advance.. Frost came in 3rd overall.
I don’t care much for moral victories but my girls played hard and this event was 5x harder than the PGF’s we played in Ohio (2) or Michigan! If you have the opportunity to attend a national level PGF, I challenge you to do so! Huge growth opportunities there. Congrats to Ohio Stingrays 08, Finesse Munoz, Bev Bandits and Ohio Hawks Barnett for taking your team for the challenge!

Atlanta Vipers L 14-1
Oak Park Windmills W 6-1
Texas Outlaws09 W 5-1
Frost Falcons L 3-0
Fury 2027 L 4-0

We are at 5-alarm Fastpitch this weekend if the rain holds off!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Ohio Lasers Black 09 team went 4-3 this weekend finishing Tied for 3rd at the Outlaws Summer Invitational. The team got beat up in a few games as we seen some of the best 12u pitching to date.

The team lost to Finesse Ross 08 in the semifinals. Down 7-0, the team battled back to tie the game before eventually losing in ITB.. Very proud of our team to battle back Sunday after a rough day on Saturday and end up being the final 09 team standing!

Pool Play
W vs Finesse Musser 08 4-3
L vs Amherst Lightning NY 08 10-0
L vs Team PA 08 Kowalski 8-0

Elimination
W vs Outlaws 09 Trbovich 8-0
W vs Victory USA Acosta 10-0
W vs Lou Gehrig Lasers 08 11-2
L vs Finesse Ross 08 11-8

Off to Orrville 5 Alarm next weekend before a much deserved week off.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
The Ohio Storm 08 played well this past weekend, winning their second tournament championship in the past 3 weeks. The team went 5-0 at Sheer Madness Showcase, winning the 12U Championship with a 7-5 win over Wolfpack-Wolff in the Championship game. The team will be headed to Orrville this weekend for the 5 Alarm Classic. Go Storm!!

Fillie Nation

Reaction score
Ohio Hawks 08 Fyffe
20-5 record

We played in the Heatin’ it up Tournament in Mason this past weekend. Tournament was only on Sunday due to weather. We won our pool to play for the championship and came up short to a good hitting Ohio Thunder team.
W Miami Valley X-press 08 11-1
W Lighting Black 12u 11-0
L Ohio Thunder 08 11-13

June 11-13
Laser Nation
Pool Play
W Team Pennsylvania 09 11-1
W Ohio Storm 08 12-4
W Emeralds 08 Lester 9-6
L Firecracker Renne 4-5 (Finished 2nd)
W Ohio Express 12u 13-5
W NKY Fury 12u 11-6
Bracket
Bye first round
L Pittsburgh Lady Roadrunners 5-6

All 4 of our losses have been to out of state teams??

May 29-30
Dayton Metro Tournament
6-1 record
Tournament champs (Beat Hawks-Ford)

June 4-6
Cap City Tournament
7-1 record
Finished 2nd to the Indiana Irish in extra innings.

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohio Outlaws 08 / Masiello
I will go back to last Wednesdays games at Firestone thru last weekend.

L - wolfpack wolf 5-6 in last inning while leading most the game.
W - Ohio Emeralds / Lester 7-5
T- Team PA Kowalski 3-3
W - Ohio Hawks / Ford 6 - 4
W - Indiana Dreams 3- 0
L - Finesse Ross 4- 5 - tough short game ended up being 60 min drop dead due to rain delays all day

We were 12u Champions of the Maple Leaf this year going 7-0
Runners up in the USA Softball Veteran's Memorial going 6-1
most our loses are from top teams and have been close games -

I am proud of this group and watching them develop together as a team is motivating. Its definitely a process when you get 11 new players with all new coaches that have never played together. Coach them all up to what they are today compared to 8 months ago and I can honestly say, this team is impressing me by being able to complete right along with many of these top teams listed every week in this poll. We haven't played them all yet but hope we get a chance to. We lost to Thunder Elite Vogan 2-0 a week ago and I think we both had our Aces on the mound. We lost to Whipkey Outlaws in ITB 6-5 after leading most of that game too...We gotta learn how to finish and we will! I love playing competitive games and would rather play competitive games and lose by 1 or 2 runs rather than beat up a weak team 15-0. That's how we get these girls to fight and learn how to never quit. You compete and you build confidence. You have to learn how to be a good loser sometimes. Everyone does not get a trophy. You get out of it what you put into it. Hard work does pay off.

Remaining schedule:
Orrville 5 Alarm is next! We get to compete against Stingrays 08 - cant wait for that game!
then off
Then Stingrays
Emeralds showdown
Triple Crown Nationals in Myrtle Beach
13u / tryouts

Jamie Wolff

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiowolfpack.com
Overall Record: 66-15-2

Played 2 games in the Firestone Doubleheader League
Beat Outlaws Masiello 08 6-5