4HoO Inferno58
5Cincy Static '97 (1)47
6Buckeye Elite37
7HoO Nitro36
8Ohio Glory29
9Stingrays '9722
10Ohio Danger10

Others receiving votes
TNT (9), Buckeye Heat '97 (8), Southern Ohio Hammerheads (7), Top Guns (7), Thunder Elite (7), Ohio Blast (7), Ohio Wave - Stone (6), Ohio Dragons '97 (5), Diamond Dogs (5), Parma Wildcats (4), Cincy Doom '97 (4), Poland Pride (4), Valley Extreme (3), Ohio Hawks '97 Gold (2),

There are teams out there that are competing at a higher level than some of the top ten and doing very well at it (winning tournaments). However, no votes for them...sometimes it's better to be humble. :)

I agree... I would like to see the names of these teams that are so great but not getting any credit and who have they played.

First of all I'm new to this sort of coaching pole. My DD plays or played for a 14u team in central ohio. Shes friends with a girl on the Ohio Classics 12u. I know they brought home hardware from the tournament in Michigan, and won 1st place last weekend in Loudonville. They have beat at least 2 of the teams in the top 10. How does the voting work...just curious.

I would agree, The Top Guns have been playing some really good ball this year. I believe they have made it to the championship game every weekend (and won most if not all of them)

Honestly, it's pretty much name recognition. There aren't a lot of people voting so if your not playing against the 10-15 people casting their vote.....than you probably don't have a great chance of making it.

There are so many teams out there. Some of the teams on here are "no doubters", they deserve to be there, even if they have a bad week. There are a few on there that make me say "huh??wt#", but that's just my opinion.

I guess if your not on there and you want to be......
A. Vote for yourself
B. Post your results and let others vote for you.

I've seen several teams keep up with some of these top 10 teams......but I don't think they could do it consistently.

Posting your results is would help, along with winning tournaments.....

Honestly, it's pretty much name recognition. There aren't a lot of people voting so if your not playing against the 10-15 people casting their vote.....than you probably don't have a great chance of making it.

There are so many teams out there. Some of the teams on here are "no doubters", they deserve to be there, even if they have a bad week. There are a few on there that make me say "huh??wt#", but that's just my opinion.

I guess if your not on there and you want to be......
A. Vote for yourself
B. Post your results and let others vote for you.

I've seen several teams keep up with some of these top 10 teams......but I don't think they could do it consistently.

I would also add:

C. Leave the comfort of your local community tournaments where you may play against maybe 1-2 tough teams each week and go to Stingrays, Compuware, GAPSS, Laser Nation, ASA States. If you can't because of financial constraints play up at 14u from time to time and win a few tournaments there as a 12u team. I guess my point is just because you win doesn't mean your good - it depends on who you play...

If you don't have the name its tough to get into those tournaments also. My team applied to three of them and were turned down. The replies where to new of team. new team under the orgization umbrella etc. I know you have to play the better teams to get better sometimes you need a little help in getting in these tournaments and not let it be abouts name of the team and names of players. I would love to play everyone in the top ten or on that list.

If you don't have the name its tough to get into those tournaments also. My team applied to three of them and were turned down. The replies where to new of team. new team under the orgization umbrella etc. I know you have to play the better teams to get better sometimes you need a little help in getting in these tournaments and not let it be abouts name of the team and names of players. I would love to play everyone in the top ten or on that list.

Agree.

I would also add:

C. Leave the comfort of your local community tournaments where you may play against maybe 1-2 tough teams each week and go to Stingrays, Compuware, GAPSS, Laser Nation, ASA States. If you can't because of financial constraints play up at 14u from time to time and win a few tournaments there as a 12u team. I guess my point is just because you win doesn't mean your good - it depends on who you play...

I agree, but eventually, like you've said......they have to leave the nest.

Win some qualifiers and meet them in the World Series. Beat them their or finish higher. You do that and I can promise rise denials will turn into acceptances.

Also keep an eye for when the Hawks/Lasers do friendlies next year and hop in those. As for name recognition most teams that it have teams that came before and set the bar for the whole orginzation to reach. Not that they always deserve it though.

Win some qualifiers and meet them in the World Series. Beat them their or finish higher. You do that and I can promise rise denials will turn into acceptances.
Think about building your teams resume, compete as high as you can, train to play the best. You need a history to break into the glass ceiling of the invitationals.. as Cat said, find creative ways to get in front of the teams and represent well.. that will open the door...

Well if that's the case...12u classics played and placed 2nd in consolation bracket in compuware. Only lost to Ohio Ice by 1 in compuwar, beat Stingrays and Glory in the Fall, just beat Ohio Dragons in their 270 league, not once but twice, and haven't played in Lancaster once. Hmmm...I agree with the statement not vote for yourselves. That what I meant by sometimes it's better to be humble. I've just seen them play a few times and see they have a good team. I was just curious...didn't want to start and uproar. :cap:

Also there are so many good 12u teams you probably could do a top 20.

Also there are so many good 12u teams you probably could do a top 20.

Oh nice. You had to open that can o' worms. Lol.

Good point though, there are a lot of good teams out there.

"just beat Ohio Dragons in their 270 league" The 270 league is not helping your cause.....