12U Coach's Poll - Week of 6/23/08

1st place votes in ( )

Rank ? ? ?Team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pts.
1Cincy Doom 95 (3)83
2Laser Silver (3)79
3Ohio ICE (1)70
4Stingrays (1)59
5Laser Gold55
6Valley Extreme - White (1)46
7Emeralds32
8Roadrunners (Zanesville)23
9Ohio Classics21
10Buckeye Heat 9510

Others receiving votes
Furies (4), Ohio Top Guns (4), Scioto County Wild Thangs (3), Miami County Blaze (3), Cincy Static - Black (2), HOO Pulse (1), Chain Reaction (1)

I do not have a dd playing 12U, but I have watched a bunch of 12U ball. I will have to say , watching the Emeralds play at Elyria, they deserve to be ranked high.

I have a question are there 2 12U Emeralds teams or just one? Which one is the one ranked here?

There are 2 Ohio Emerald 12u teams. The one that is ranked is the Emerald Black team,which is their older 12u team. Their other team is the Emerald Green team which is the younger team.

ditto. Very solid team with good pitching. Wanted to catch the Emeralds game with the Roadrunners but we we're busy playing our game. Think the Roadrunners came out on top this time. But Emeralds are a very good team. If I was voting, I'd definitely would put them on my poll. Roadrunners also. Ice seems to be playing very well lately also. Haven't seen them personally since Massillon, which is an early tourney and teams tend to get better as the season moves on. So I can only imagine how muhc better they may be now than they were in Massillon. Lasers Gold also.

Do coaches vote on teams based on just Sunday play , Saturday play or the whole weekend? I keep looking for scores for the whole weekend, but it must be a secret at each tournament so we can't judge how well these teams are actually playing. :(

What we probably need is a spot that all coaches can report their scores (at least those that are ranked) and anybody else that wants to report their scores. I spend time each Monday looking up how the ICE, StingRays, Doom, Buckeye Heat etc did in the weekend. I must admit that I do weigh heavily how they finished. Many coaches do not treat pool play the same as bracket and I think that those scores can be misleading.