12U Coach's Poll - Week of 6/30/08

1st place votes in ( )

Rank ? ? ?Team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pts.
1Ohio ICE (3)88
2Cincy Doom 95 (1)79
2Stingrays (4)79
4Laser Silver (1)73
5Valley Extreme - White (1)53
6Laser Gold51
7Emeralds - Black33
8Roadrunners (Zanesville)29
9Ohio Classics23
10Buckeye Heat 9519
"

Others receiving votes
SGS Magic Red (8), Furies (6), Cincy Static - Black (5), Miami County Blaze (2), Cincy Doom 96 (1), Wild Thangs (1),

congrats Ice on making it to the top of the poll. Furies is a PA team, and while its only 6 points, and we appreciate the recognition by a voter or 2, maybe those points would help out an Ohio team in moving them a little further up the poll. They're all grouped together (1-4), (5-6), and (7-10) as far as being close to one another. Those 6 points may move someone up a spot or so. No big deal, and I know this is all for fun, but being that its an Ohio poll, maybe a PA team shouldn't be taking any points from anyone else. Again, thanks for the vote or 2. Just a suggestion, especially since we're getting down to the last month of ball now for everyone and the poll will end soon with final rankings. And while its all for fun, it still means something to those teams listed. Respect from their peers.

have the ice played the rays or doom95 or valley ext white ? If yes what were the results . MD

Played valley extreme white sunraze:
Pool play i think it was a loss 5-0
Championship game won 12-3

Was at the same tournament with Stingrays at compuware but stingrays lost of buckeye heat before had a chance to play them.

NSA states starting tommorrow should shake things out quite a bit , 6 teams that have recieved votes are in , including doom95,rays,lasers gold,classics,Wild Thangs,Static Black . Just wish the ice and valley ext were around for asa states or nsa states. Then we would have a really good idea about where everyone stands . Doom95 has played an very very tough schedule. Rays are ASA champs . That would be my 1-2 if I voted. MD

Valley extreme would have loved to come down and play in NSA states for the competition but after playing in an alternate state tourney we decided it would be a good opportunity to take this weekend off and get some things done around the homefronts. As for ASA states we played @ home in a 14u ASA national Qualifier last weekend, this weekend we rest and relax...Yeah Right, wife has me tearing apart our bathroom instead! Next year Ill think ahead, play or work....LOL

I would have to rank the HOH Pulse ahead of Buckeye Heat just for the fact the Heat has lost at least once or twice to Miami CO. Blaze and the Pulse has beaten them I think 3 times this year .

Buckeye Heat '95 lost once to Miami County Blaze, 5-4, at Beavercreek, Heat's second tournament. Pcaba's point is well-taken. Heat will be at the Marysville tournament and looks forward to playing all the HOH teams, who represent a great organization.

CGS, you guys have a very nice team ,played your team a couple of times last fall.Good luck today! The Final Fling In Marysville at 12u is shaping up very nicely .With Blaze, Heat 95,96, Roadrunner,HOH, Pulse,Rush,Xtreme, Lick. Co. Heat and now we have added Quad City-Illnois who just finished 2nd in their NSA States and are 65-5 so far this season .We just need 1 more 12u team. Boldcatcher is Lasers gold busy this weekend ?

We are taking that weekend to prepare for the final stretch, ?NSA nationals and then leave Mon. for ASA Easterns in Salem.You guys always put on a great tourney and thanks for thinking of us but if I I even suggested it,,, I too would have to face the "possey".LOL

Thanks Coach and good luck!

pcaba-coach said:
I would have to rank the HOH Pulse ahead of Buckeye Heat just for the fact the Heat has lost at least once or twice to Miami CO. Blaze and the Pulse has beaten them I think 3 times this year .

Pulse beat Mi Co Blaze twice this year.. once in ITB in May and a second time at Whitehall in the semifinals.

Boldcatcher, totally undestand and congrats on winning NSA States you guys must have played well! Mem20 thanks for clarifying that and we look forward to you guys coming to Fling. You guys always have great teams !We just need 1 more 12u team to fill out the 12u group!It is amazing how well balanced the 12u age group is this year with diferrent teams winning every other weekend .

FWIW-- Wild Thangs were batting, up 4-1 over the classics with 1 out , bases loaded with the 4 hitter up when time expired at N$A states this weekend . Then lost 3-0 to the Doom 95. MD