12U Coach's Poll - Week of 7/14/08

1st place votes in ( )

Rank ? ? ?Team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Pts.
1Ohio ICE (6)112
2Stingrays (4)98
3Cincy Doom '9595
4Laser Gold77
5Valley Extreme - White (2)69
6Laser Silver69
7Ohio Classics40
8Buckeye Heat '9530
9Ohio Danger (Braun)19
10Roadrunners (Zanesville)16

Others receiving votes
Ohio Top Guns (12), Emeralds - Black (10), HOH - Pulse (5), Chain Reaction (3), Diamond Dogs (2), Scioto County Wild Thangs (1), SGS Magic Red (1),

Ringer, do have a sense of which of these teams has the largest number of first year 12Us? some of these clubs kick but yearly, yet I know some others are stacked with 12+.. just curious. have played 2 of the 10 and seen a one or two more in action

thanks

One way is to look to see if they have an 11U team. Many of the above team, such as Sting Rays, Doom, Lasers and more have older 12's and kids that have been on the team for a couple of years together...

I'll make it easy with respect to the Buckeye Heat '95: that numerical designation does indeed reflect the fact that most of our girls have been turning 13 this summer.

The Laser Gold 96 are all first year twelves and will be eligible to play 12's again next year. In fact one of our players is still 10-u eligible for this year. So the sky is the limit next season for this great group of girls in the 12-u division.

DC, all of the girls on the Lady Laer Gold have 1996 birthdays maybe even a couple with 1997 bdays.

thanks to all for the feedback. Cincy doom 95 is clear as well and I know the Rays have a 11 and a 12 team. that said it seems like we will see a couple of the teams right back here at the top given the number of 11Us on a couple of the top teams. Many others will be back do to the approach of keeping mostly 11 s on one team and 12s on another. If the Club is big enough I like this apporach as it keep the over all clubstrong every year as it gives girls 2 years at each age to play together.. thanks again

i dont know who the heck thinks the doom has good coaches!!!
try being on their team for a year!
then see how you rate them.

Geez anonymous pot shots at coaches are getting old. If you have a gripe and choose to rip someone have the guts to put a name with it. MD PS MY DD did not play with the 12u doom coaches but their coaches are 1st rate !

md- I can not speak for the 15U or 10U coaches but I know the other ones and my dd could and has played for them before. They are first rate. Doom is first class all the way. AND NO MY DD DOES NOT PLAY FOR THE DOOM. If we were not Stingrays we would play for the Doug Anderson and the Doom.

They could not have had the success they had this year without someone doing something right and success usually starts from the top down.

theplayer,

I'll assume that since this is a 12U thread that you are taking shots at the 12U staff? You are 100% wrong!!! Both Doug & Jimmy are very solid coaches and are 2 of the most ethical coaches you will meet. One of my own DD's have played for them the past 2 years. If you are going to come on a public forum and blast coaching qualifications, at least post your name and own qualifications!!!

Lee Pyles

From out of the losers bracket on a very hot day at sluggerfest they smoked a very good Louisville Stunners team twice to take the "A" sluggerfest . I'd bet cash they could'nt beat them once, not only did they beat they once they drilled them twice by large margins. That would not happen w/o good coaches. MD

Thanks for having my back guy's!!!!! Nice to know I have friends that come to our defense when I was out of town for a couple days. I don't put much stock in this poster, probably just a youngster trying to be funny.

Again thanks,

Doug

Also, I left out the fact that our success this year was the result of many talented and dedicated players and parents.

Doug

You don't have success without good coaching and you guys have shown that you had that along with talented players or you wouldnt have accomplished what you have this year. The grass is always greener on the other side! Good luck to you next year Doug!

Rick Heverly
Valley Extreme