3.thunder elite 00 (1)..........87
4.diamond chix gold..............83
5.hawks kepple.....................68
6.ice orange..........................57
7.ohio power.........................52
8.ohio emeralds 99................37
9.nos burk............................34
10.stingrays 99.....................29.

Others receiving votes, wolfpack 25,thunder elite 99 15,hawks harrell 13,ice white 10, cincy static 9, valley extreme red 8,canfield crush 7,dragons 99 6,Ohio Blast 5,mc madness black 4, xtreme heat99 2.

What happened to Bob's Waterbed??? I can't wait for this weekend that will shake things up. Good luck everyone I hope all teams play their best softball this weekend.

Week 8 totals

1.lasers purple ....(75).........929
2.diamond chix gold (18)......815
3.hawks kepple (2)..............508
4.ice orange.........................459
5.thunder elite 00..(1)..........412
6.ohio classics 99..(1)..........382
7.nos burk.............(1)..........275
8.ohio power..........(2)..........269
9.stingrays 99......................227
10.ohio emeralds 99..............183
11.dragons 99.......................179
12.xtreme heat.......(1)...........172
13.thunder elite 99................100
14.cincy static 99..................95
15.wolfpack...........................90
16.ice white...........................81
17.ohio blast.........................72
18.cross county cannons.......52
19.canfield crush...................41
20.hawks harrell....................34
21.hawks davis......................31
22.valley extreme red.............28
23.wizards elite.....................15
24.hoh rebels..........................9
25.streak................................7
26.lasers platinum..................6
27.mc madness black................4
28.blazers red,classic 00,explosion,marion diamonds,marion merchants black, 1.

Like to meet the 2 coaches that consistantly vote against the lasers and get there thinkin on this., and to the one who voted a 11u team #1, I heard they was good but top team in state cmon man!. My chix friends seem to be sliding down the polls. Northern Ohio and stingrays are both good teams i seen in the Laser friendly. Have not seen classics 99 where do they play?

michigan softball said:
Like to meet the 2 coaches that consistantly vote against the lasers and get there thinkin on this., and to the one who voted a 11u team #1, I heard they was good but top team in state cmon man!. My chix friends seem to be sliding down the polls. Northern Ohio and stingrays are both good teams i seen in the Laser friendly. Have not seen classics 99 where do they play?

The Classics won the ASA/USA Dayton Metro this weekend. They are a VERY good team. They pull your defenders in with small ball, then knock the ball to the fence. They have very good pitching as well. (and no my dd is not on this team).

That 11u team that you are talking about.... they are VERY good. They have beaten your "Chix friends" for the Championship in two recent tournaments they have played.

Please enlighten us as to which elite Michigan team your DD plays for so that we have a frame of reference to your expertise of Ohio softball.

We have played (and lost to) 6 of the "top 10" at some point this year (including in the winter). We have not played Lasers Purple but based on results I have seen posted on OFC, they would clearly deserve to be #1. Of the 6 teams we have played, I personally thought Classics 99 was the best of the bunch, so even though I don't vote, I think the top 2 are right based on results to date.

Thanks to whoever voted us #1. It wasnt me. I believe I do have a good young team, but not at the level of the Laser Purple. They are the clear #1 in 12U. IMO there are about 12-14 teams that can beat each other on any given day.

Jeff
Thunder Elite '00

My dd plays for Mich Vipers. I was not knockin noone i just stated i have not seen the classics yet this year they was not in the Lasers friendly or strongville last fall. Thunder elite 00 was there and they are pretty good team for sure but #1 thats saying they beat lasers 6 out 10. With the tall girl pitching not gonna happen.

Crystlemc-I believe Michigan Softball is with the Michigan Vipers and that team is TOUGH. He has been around the game quite a while.

Jeff-I totally agree with your assesment. 12u is VERY competitive this year. If you don't bring your A game every time out you can get beat. I am sure that will be proven this weekend at Lasers.

I agree with Jeff, My daughter has played against your team several times and you have a tough group there! This poll is fun to look and it turns into alot of interesting conversations! Like most will say the real way to judge them is to watch them on the dirt!

I would agree that Purple is #1. My point was that, just because Jeff's team is 11u doesn't mean that they couldn't be voted #1. Those girls play well and they play hard.

My dd plays for a PA team, so I have no dog in this fight. I just think it's silly to knock someone else's vote just because a team is 11u.

I also believe Jeff's Thunder 00 team can hang with any 12u team on the list... maybe not lasers..but everyone else for sure. We've obviousely played them the last two weekends in the championship to lose both, but each game was a good game all the way thru. This past weekend for him to make it to the championship was great in itself with 20 teams in the 12U field. Our game was 1-0 thru 4 or 5 innings with us scoring only in the first inning. We only had 2 strikeouts on us the entire game, which means Jeff's defense was solid !! His short stop and center fielder made tons of plays !! Good luck Jeff the rest of the season...

What a classy guy as always Brent +6. Jeff does have a very good team. We have fallen to him too in a very good game. His teams defense is very tough.

Agree with all about Jeff's team. We haven't gotten past them yet this year. Very solid team! I don't think laser purple solid, but young studs none the less! Congrats Jeff on your latest tourney win bud.

i was just wondering but do you no if the lasers purple have a pitcher named rile paxson?i remember her playing for classics 99 she threw very hard. i also wanted to no how fast she is pitching now. i no she threw at leat 50 while playing for classics< im just wondering.

I know she was upper 50's at Midwest last summer as an 11u. I believe in the speed competition, she was clocked at 59. At least, that's what I heard...

I put a radar gun on her last Sunday for 5 pitches in the qtr finals of 14u game in Akron. She hit 58 twice and 59 once. Other 2 were off speed.
I came to the conclusion rather quickly that she flat out brings the heat.

I put a radar gun on her last Sunday for 5 pitches in the qtr finals of 14u game in Akron. She hit 58 twice and 59 once. Other 2 were off speed.
I came to the conclusion rather quickly that she flat out brings the heat.

If she has that kind of heat and off speed stuff, she's undoubtedly the real deal.