12u Tournament coming to Orrville in 2016!

Reaction score
We are still trying to come up with a name and date for our 12u tournament that we will be running in Orrville next summer. Winning team will recieve a paid entry into our Fire in the Sky the following year. We hope to have a date and name decided by the end of August if not sooner. Any suggestions on dates would be appreciated!

coachjwb

Reaction score
Great to hear, Joe! I am guessing based on the popularity of the Fire in the Sky tourney, that there will be tons of interest. You'll probably want to avoid the weekends of a few of the other big tourneys in Ohio, but I am sure you will fill up quickly regardless!

WalkOffHR

Reaction score
Memorial Day Weekend. 12U Bombs Bursting in Air Tournament.

Caines03

Reaction score
Glad to hear this is being considered.. Will it be for sure? This is very exciting!

wvanalmsick

Reaction score
We are still trying to come up with a name and date for our 12u tournament that we will be running in Orrville next summer. Winning team will recieve a paid entry into our Fire in the Sky the following year. We hope to have a date and name decided by the end of August if not sooner. Any suggestions on dates would be appreciated!

Glad to hear y'all are able to get the 12U's in next year. Can I voice a concern? Paid entry to the Fire in the Sky for the next year is not a good idea.

1. On the average, only 50% of the girls from that winning team will be on that team the next year. It really wouldn't be fair to the girls that are not on that team the next year.
2. OHSAA holds a dim view about girls receiving "Paid Entries". They see it as an infraction of their amateur status. I know it is only 12U and some don't agree with how OHSAA interprets its rules, but, they have voiced concern about this in the past.

coachjwb

Reaction score
What if it was stated as "free entry" which it really is since it's for the same organization?

Reaction score
We have decided on the dates and will have registration open on our website here soon. The dates will be June 24-26th (Friday only if necessary) 2016.

Reaction score
Registration is now open for the 12u in Orrville, Ohio. We will use the name 5-Alarm Classic and it will be hosted on the weekend of June 27-28. We are still trying to work out a few details on if it will be a 3 or 4 game guarantee and the amount of teams we will accept but hope to have that finalized by the end of the week!