4Classics 9656
5Stingrays-Leedy50
6CO Vipers 9630
7Riptides26
8Doom 9623
9Outlaws Silver22
10NEO Attack21

Others receiving votes:
Ohio Wolfpack (11), Buckeye Heat 97 (4), CO Heat (3), Tigerlillies (3), OFC Heat (2), Valley Extreme Blue (1)

check out the results of the ASA States this last weekend

I looked on the ASA thread but can't find a final standings. All I know is that.........

Ohio Ice won it. So they deserve to be up there with the top 14u teams.
Lasers Black played up at 16u state. Again they deserve it.
Lasers Gold had the week off. Hard to imagine they hot worse:)
Classics 96 kicked butt through the losers bracket.

Maybe your referring to teams not in the top 5???

3rd was the Wolfpack, 4th was NEO Attack. Classics didn;t kick butt. thet won one in extra innings (OFC) and beat the wolfpack 3-1 in the consi-semis. They had a great run but other teams played more than 4 games on Sunday as well..... I have no problems with the top 3. But the next 10 or so are all coin tosses.

Sorry if the phrase "kicked butt" offended you.........but it was used to reference the fact that they lost their first bracket game and came all the way through to the championship game. Doesn't matter if they won all those games by 1 run, the fact is they went a long way to get there.

If the next 10 are coin tosses, then you agree that in some cases, these results are justified. I'm sure most voters are taking into account previous weeks, not just States.

3rd was the Wolfpack, 4th was NEO Attack. Classics didn;t kick butt. thet won one in extra innings (OFC) and beat the wolfpack 3-1 in the consi-semis. They had a great run but other teams played more than 4 games on Sunday as well..... I have no problems with the top 3. But the next 10 or so are all coin tosses.

I think Classics did very well. They beat us in 6th inning and while running on fumes their team was focused on pulling it out. Watching them beat us was like watching video of what we tend to do to teams, start slow, claw back and next thing you know you win

We did not lose a bracket game until Championship Bracket against ICE. 0-2. I think it might of been their smallest margin of victory.. not sure. they sure are good..

Great effort by many teams last weekend. Looking forward to Orrville. I would agree that 4-10 would be a good game on any diamond if both teams played to their potential. We finished 3rd not fourth as a small aside. Would like to improve our #10 ranking this weekend by a few spots, yet as that famous guy said, softball is like a box of chocolates.. You never know what you?re going to get...

The Wolfpak is definitely a team to contend with as well.

The first three play extremely consistent high-level softball. That is what separates them from the rest.

We are very inconsistent. We have beaten a couple of the teams ranked ahead of us, but also lost to a couple not even getting a sniff.

IMHO, the higher you go up the list, the more consistent they play. But, we are pretty happy somebody thinks we belong somewhere near that list. We'll try to keep proving it on the field.

This coming from someone who just joined OFC and has 3 whole posts. Some credentials. :lmao:

Actually looking at the brackets I don't think anyone else played more than four games on Sunday in Cortland. NEO Attack and Wolfpack I believe played four games and maybe one other team but the rest were less than that.

I won't disagree that on any given day these teams can knock one another off but I do know I was really proud of the Classics working their way back after a disheartening start to the tournament and particularly doing it without the services of one of our top players and with another on restrictions. There were some very gutty performances from these young ladies last weekend!

does it take 3000 posts to assess talent

It involves being around fastpitch. It's hard to believe you have been and just now decided to post your very strong opinions. You don't seem like the type to bite your tongue. Or maybe you have been on OFC with a different screen name. Doesn't matter, you may remain hidden behind your screen name if you choose.

If your not hiding, I'd be interested to know In your 20 years what teams have you been involved with? (fastpitch)

I am just guessing here, but I BELIEVE this poster is someone from the CLASSICS

I don't know but here's a picture of him:

wimp.jpg

they like to spout off hiding behind a screen name. :lmao:

I'd be surprised if he was with the Classics. Every time we played them or watched them they seem to be a great group.

does it take 3000 posts to assess talent

Make an argument for what team you feel is too high or too low. After ASA States, my DD's team has either played against every team in the pole or I have watched significant innings of ever team in the poll. So far all you've done is insinuate that the voters are idiots. I'm a voter. Educate me.