3Akron Sapphires66
5Cincy Doom - 9560
6Ohio Wave (Rosinski) 41
7Lasers - Silver38
8Ohio Dragons '9422
9Maddogs19
10HOO Explosion17

Others receiving votes
Central Ohio ICE (9), Chain Reaction (8), Buckeye Heat '94 (7), ICE (2), Ohio Classics (2), Ashland Blaze (1), Ohio Blast (1), Flamin' Fury (1),

Doom 95 move up just ONE spot after winning GAPPS and Slammers getting humbled... that's, ummmm, interesting. :eek:

need info --- how have the sapphires and valley ext done against the rest of the top ten ?

Also the Central ohio ice getting more votes than Buckeye Heat 94 and Ice -silver is silly. Ice silver had a solid gapss (only lost to the maddogs 1-0)and had won 3 tournies in a row , who have the Central O Ice been beating to deserve a look ? MD

As far as the Doom 95 goes our team can vouch for them. However, I am not sure if they have played the VE or Sapphires yet so maybe this weekend will sort some of that out.

Keep in mind that it looks like only 10 or so coaches are voting so my bet is that they have not al seen eachother yet. Like I said all along, by the time Stingrays is over we should know about this age group. many of the top teams played last weekend at GAPSS and a few of the other ones at the NSA states. This weekend the many will be at Stingrays so it should shake out. Whatever happens one of the Ohio 14U teams have to step up and keep the championship here in Ohio.

A lot of great teams at GAPSS for sure. Just to clarify . . . ICE Silver had won 5 tournaments in a row (actually 35-0 over the past 5 weekends going into GAPSS). It was great to see such great competition this past weekend! Very nice tournament. Well run and the weather was beautiful!!

Were the Central Ohio Ice at Gapps? I am confused someone stated in the scores section that they played the Central Ohio Ice there and I thought that I only saw the Ice silver. Could it be that these two teams are getting confused with one another? Especially if what you say about the ice silver being 35-0 going into Gapps. It seems that your team would get more credit not less.

this is why some teams need more people sharing info about them or providing websites...if i had a dime for every time i couldnt find out info about an ice team..well, u know the rest

no central ohio ice were not at Gapss. Our team has played both ---we scored 8 or 9 runs in a pool play game against the central ohio ice , we have scored 3 runs TOTAL in 3 games against the Ice-silver. no comparsion.

Kudos to the Lasers Red. You definitely proved you deserve a top spot. Solid top to bottom.

I have seen the confusion about Central Ohio Ice and Ohio Ice Silver before. There was a past comment about Ohio Ice Silver getting beat at a tournament that they never attended. It was actually Central Ohio Ice. I am not 100% sure but I believe the Ohio Ice Silver is somewhere around 45 wins and 5 losses. 3 of those losses have been to the Maddogs.

After 8 tournaments they have won 5 tournaments, placed 2nd once and 3rd once. They did not place high at gapss ran into Maddogs right off the bat and got sent to losers bracket first game.

How did the Ohio Ice Silver (lost 1-0 vs Maddogs) only have 1 loss at the GAPSS tourney? I thought all age groups were a double elimination format.

they lost to HOO Explosion I think in the losers bracket. If that is wrong someone will correct me. losers quarters maybe ?? Lasers gold over Ohio wave , Lasers Silver over HOO Explosion ? Ice fell in the quarters maybe ? sorry more qustions than answers. MD

How did the Ohio Ice Silver (lost 1-0 vs Maddogs) only have 1 loss at the GAPSS tourney? I thought all age groups were a double elimination format.

Ice silver lost to lasers gold for their 2nd loss.

they lost to HOO Explosion I think in the losers bracket. If that is wrong someone will correct me. losers quarters maybe ?? Lasers gold over Ohio wave , Lasers Silver over HOO Explosion ? Ice fell in the quarters maybe ? sorry more qustions than answers. MD

HOO Explosion have not played the Ohio Ice yet this summer. In bracket, we beat Pumas, Flamin Fury, Maddogs & Lasers Gold before losing to Lasers Silver. That is not the order of play....after 11 games in two days my memories start to fail me.

do any of these teams have websites..... i no ohio wave does but do any of the others?

Central Ohio Ice (out of Westerville):

http://www.icesoftball.org/

I've seen them play a couple of times and they hit the ball well. I don't think they struggle as much as MD implies. I recall one of their players hit a HR at the JV field at Marysville HS during one of the Heart tournaments.