3Akron Sapphires83
5Valley Extreme (Kiser)73
6Ohio Wave (Rosinski) 56
7Lasers - Silver43
8Maddogs31
9Ohio ICE24
10Ohio Dragons '9415

Others receiving votes
HOO Explosion (13), Buckeye Heat '94 (3), Blast (Dennison) (2), Ashland Blaze (2), Explosion Fastpitch (1),

pretty good job --I certainly don't know alot about every team but that looks about right. good job coaches and thanks for participating. MD

Hey MD,

Sorry to miss you at Stingrays. When our teams played, I looked for you after the game, but your "peeps" said you were off in Canada hunting Grizzlies with a stick, or something like that?

Tough scrappy team, good luck next year.

Thanks Pic -- I hated not being there . I act like a grizzly bear when I can't be at the fields . Totally not pleasant to be around. But work, and an occasional vacation, is a fact of life for most of us.

Been such an interesting year for the 13u rays, kids just had a hard time meshing. one week it was _______ , next week it something else. In the words of former Ky BB player and NBA all star Jamal Magloire " We are starting to show spurts of constitiency" Talented , nice group of young ladies. Many girls will be stars at their HS's and beyond. MD

I heard the 13U Rays problems were a result of former Little League parents who failed to understand the concept of travel ball. That's just what I heard.

So, it is early, but Fall Ball has started and the 94 teams have moved up. Who's left in this 14u age group and who's moving up into 14u that will/can contend for props in 2010?

Polled Teams Moving to 16u:(Believed to be, please correct if wrong..)
- Red, Slammers, Ohio Wave, Buckeye Heat94, Valley Extreme, Sapphires... (Others?????)

Teams Remaining at 14u:(Potential Top Teams)
- Cincy Doom95
- Lasers Silver
- Ohio Dragons (Nice showing at QDS)
- Buckeye Heat95 (Nice Showing at QDS)
(Not sure which others below will maintain at 14u???)
- EMR 95
- MVX ???
- MadDogs ???
- Ice ???

Teams moving up & NEW Teams in 14u: (some initial thoughts of other top contenders)

- Lasers Gold
- Doom96 (Great showing at QDS)
- Outlaws (NEW Team) - lots of talk up north about this one.

2009 End of Summer Poll Ranking PER OFC:
Rank Team Pts.
1 Lasers - Red (10) 118
2 Slammers (1) 107
3 Cincy Doom - 95 (1) 89
3 Akron Sapphires 83
5 Valley Extreme (Kiser) 73
6 Ohio Wave (Rosinski) 56
7 Lasers - Silver 43
8 Maddogs 31
9 Ohio ICE 24
10 Ohio Dragons '94 15

Others receiving votes
HOO Explosion (13), Buckeye Heat '94 (3), Blast (Dennison) (2), Ashland Blaze (2), Explosion Fastpitch (1),

Trip --I think ohio dragons are an older team moving up in 2010 but I could be wrong.

Heat 95 will be tough. Outlaws picked up the #1 arms from lasers silver and ohio ice silver, plus several other good players. Stingrays (Wiley) will be an older strong 14u team. Laser Gold will make some noise, Doom 96 showed what they could do this past weekend.

I don't know anything about the maddogs or MV express for this year coming up. Laser Black will be good also. MD

PS Trip---check your personal email - I sent you something. MD

Dan you are right. Above. Other issue. Many of the older teams ( next year 15-16U)didn't have all the players because of high school sports. Some had subs to attend . But I do agree with the 14U teams you mention above.

The Ohio Dragons - Holland are moving up to 15Us. They should remain strong even in the 16U division. The Ohio Dragons96 will move up to hopefully find a spot in the polls.

Both teams are completing the final process to confirm for compuware.

I think there is no question that Outlaws will rule. There is, however, a question how many times we will get to see them at 14U, since with Bill Lilley on staff there will be a voice in favor of playing up most of the time. Doom 95 is probably next in line. If we can get and keep consistency (and that's a big IF), we might be somewhere in the top ten, with the company of several others, including without limitation Cincy Doom 96, Lasers Gold, Ohio Ice Silver and Lasers Black. Don't know enough about the new Dragons, Ohio Classics, Stingrays and Wave 14U teams, but those are strong organizations usually producing highly competitive teams. Potential "below the radar" teams would include the Heath Crush and HOO Rush. My apologies to teams that I'm sure I've left out either because I haven't seen them play or I'm not familiar with the organization. I'd be the first to admit that my candidate list is biased toward Central Ohio.

"without limitation" --Lawyer Talk ! ;& "without question" ? kinda like the way the slammers were without question ? sorry could'nt resist MD

cgs, I will have to disagree with you on who will be the top dawg in the preseason poll for 2010. Based on the 2009 season, Doom 95 is clearly number one. They earned it on the field this past season. Too many unkowns about the Outlaws to make your prediction. I am sure as the season progresses next year, so will the polls. Let's just hope that it is a safe and competitive 2010 season.

Whatever happens - it will be the teams that can stay healthy! Ohio Wave found out that injuries can sure change a season! They were where the Doom 95 team this season was last season. There were huge expectations and they struggled to live up to them. Further, there is an adjustment after playing high school ball. Many people don't talk about the toll adding 20-30 games takes on their physical and mental status! I think that second yr at 14U is tougher than some realize.

Like last year, there wasn't importance on WHO was #1, but that #1 thru 10 actually play each other so we can collectively improve our Ohio Teams for nationals.

whered the outlaws come from --did they spring em from the can

Yeah they found them on train being driven by Lilley !!!! LOL

good point sportsgal. I know some girls that have played over 85 games, includes high school and summer ball.