14u Poll

I think Kavin should do this group. Anyone else have any other choices?

I think Kavin should do this group. Anyone else have any other choices?

Yeah, me. I would be glad to do it.

I think a non-coach should do the poll whenever possible in the absence of The Ringer. I would think most coaches have enough on their plate already anyway. JMHO.

Merlion gets my vote. This one shouldn't get rolling until mid-June.

Yeah, I don't think a coach wants any part of this. It should be as impartial as something of this nature can be.

Merlion gets my vote

Hmm . . .since I volunteered to do the 16U poll, these comments about a coach (in my case an assistant coach) not handling the poll got me questioning whether I should do one. But then I realized, a fan could have just as much motivation to mess with the polls as a coach.

I'll probably come up with some kind of excel spread sheet that assigns a code identifier to each voting coach (the code being known only to me and that coach) and then send the excel sheet out to all of the voters in a mass email each week so each coach can see that his/her vote was correctly captured.

Hmm . . .since I volunteered to do the 16U poll, these comments about a coach (in my case an assistant coach) not handling the poll got me questioning whether I should do one. But then I realized, a fan could have just as much motivation to mess with the polls as a coach.

I'll probably come up with some kind of excel spread sheet that assigns a code identifier to each voting coach (the code being known only to me and that coach) and then send the excel sheet out to all of the voters in a mass email each week so each coach can see that his/her vote was correctly captured.

You're one of the most level-headed and honest posters on here....I wouldn't sweat it.:)

Len

What do you think about listing the coaches that actually voted each week? not their votes, just a coaches list. I think that would be interesting to follow.

I think a preseaon poll would get some conversation going and stir some interest. What does everyone think?

When does everyone get rolling in 14U. The Twisters start next weekend in Whitehall at the Vipers tournament.

DD's org started 4/29 with a tourney at Expressway in Milford (Cincy). They have 2 14u teams and combined them with the girls not playing school ball. They played Beavercreek last weekend, have ASA at Tealtown the 21st and Expressway Memorial weekend.

Regular team starts in June when school ball is over.

Probably wait till the Vipers and Shelia Kitchen are over to get started?????? I know the Shelia Kitchen Memorial is going to be a good starter, Lots of strong teams.

I think a preseaon poll would get some conversation going and stir some interest. What does everyone think?

I'm thinking along the lines of getting the poll going next week. You can call it a preseason poll if you'd like. The 14U poll started last year, along with all of the other age groups, for the week ending 05/02/10.

There has been some 13U activity thus far, and we can also take into consideration any fall play, as well as any indoor, prior to the school ball season getting underway. As mentioned previously, the full-fledged tourney season will only get going in early June, but at least we can get some discussion started.

The Danger Zone is a nice tourney coming up the weekend of May 20-22 in South Vienna, OH. Here are the pools for that event:

14u Pools

Pool A
1) H.O.O. Inferno
2) West Liberty Force 14u
3) Ohio Danger 13u

Pool B
1) Ohio Classics
2) Cincy Static 97
3) Championship Fastpitch

Pool C
1) Buckeye Heat 97
2) Cincy Static 14u
3) Ohio Ice 13u

The games over this weekend will surely impact the voting for who are some of the top 13U teams.

Sheila Kitchen lineup for the weekend of May 27-29:

14/U
1.Heart of Ohio Inferno
2.Heart of Ohio Bombers
3.North Coast Spirit
4.Ohio Dynamite
5.Central Ohio Ice "97"
6.West Liberty Force
7.Ohio Classics 97
8.OFC Heat 96
9.Buckeye Heat 96 "Lee"
10.Venom "Purple"