4Buckeye Heat Toledo46
5Classics Purple31
6Stingrays Blair26
7Ohio Tidalwaves25
7Ohio Ice Wahl23
9Cincy Doom 9318
10Wolfpack13

Others receiving votes
Akron Saphires (9), Ohio Wave (8), HoO Explosion (4), Miamie Valley Xpress Pearson (4),

After playing or watching many above. Hard to leave the TigerLillies off this list. They just won at N. Ridgeville with some of the above teams in the same tourney.

Ringer,

you did a good job counting and posting all season Thanks

After playing or watching many above. Hard to leave the TigerLillies off this list. They just won at N. Ridgeville with some of the above teams in the same tourney.

The TigerLillies were also run ruled by the Heart of Ohio Force, who have beaten or come VERY close to beating numerous teams in the top 10. And they are not even mentioned anywhere. hmmm

After the first 3-4 teams, there is a lot of parity from among 8-10 other teams. Hard to understand why some have dropped while playing well, but that is the nature of polls. There are plenty of teams not in the top 10 that could/would win games against the top 10 .... and actually did. Hard to compete with a few of the brand names, but it is what it is, and that is okay. These polls are fun, and great for awareness and discussion. Good luck to all at your Nationals! Go Ohio!!

The Lasers are on the list of 16u teams for the ESPN RISE (aka PGF) tournament in SoCal after nationals. Which team is going?

There are more than one TigerLillies 16U ? We beat the Tidalwave and beat the younger Tigerlillies. The older team beat us bad and won at N. Ridgeville which had us and the Ice in it. If you beat the older team, you have my vote.

What tournaments are the Tigerlillies playing in?

Sting Rays, ASA States Findlay, N. Ridgeville. I know of those because we played in those. Plus compuware. As a 15U team we had fun playing against some very good teams this year. We keep telling our girls each of you can play in this same tourney next year, most of them can't.

After the first 3-4 teams, there is a lot of parity from among 8-10 other teams. Hard to understand why some have dropped while playing well, but that is the nature of polls. There are plenty of teams not in the top 10 that could/would win games against the top 10 .... and actually did. Hard to compete with a few of the brand names, but it is what it is, and that is okay. These polls are fun, and great for awareness and discussion. Good luck to all at your Nationals! Go Ohio!!

Pickle, I think you are dead on about the parity of the top 10 or so teams. Take teams 2,3, and 4 from the poll. Start the no.2 pitcher from those teams, which you have to do every weekend, against any of the next 10 teams and it becomes a toss up game. That's what made all the tournaments(States,Lasers,Shreve,Stingrays,and Gapps) so much fun and very challenging this summer!

ASA Eastern National winners. Tigerlillies.

Now ... would be an interesting Poll, given the Nationals Results for several teams.

* Tigerlillies?
* Sapphires?
* Lasers White? - Are they really the best team in Ohio, after such a fantastic showing in Texas?

Subjective Polls, and they change all year. Whomever was best at one junction, may not be at another junction.

* Beginning Vs End (Improvement Vs Decompensating)?
* Injuries?
* Missing Players?
* Hot & Cold 16 year olds? Week to week focus??
* Consistencey throughout the season versus doing well in a few big events?
* Pick-up Players for late season events?

I am okay with it all, it is "Ohio Relative" as well. It would be easy to look at Nationals and say okay Lasers White is best in Ohio ..... does that wipe out and trump all that Lasers Scarlet did all year, head to head within Ohio?

I would agree, especially knowing the Tigerlillies pretty well, that they deserve more recognition though. Knowing their coaches and players somewhat though, I doubt they care, they know what time it is, and are more concerned with proving it to themselves .....

I don't think much has changed from the polls. I still think, because I watched it all year, that the top 5-10 are pretty much going to be good games every week. I was in College Station with the Lasers White and it was a phenomenal run. They played excellent, beat some good teams and looked like they could've won the two they lost. I feel the same about the Classics, they were on a roll until a loss...but they looked very good. Same for Buckeye Heat and Tidalwaves. I know the Doom and Lasers Scarlet had really tough draws, but they still played very well.

One thing I know from this national. Our Ohio girls can play with the top teams in the country. I got to watch our states girls send home some really good teams with ACC, SEC, PAC10 recruits while their potential college coaches watched! It was good to see Ohio being represented so well.

I am thrilled with our Lasers White team finishing 9th, but I was also proud to say I was from Ohio with the noise that our teams from our state were making. Congrats to all the Ohio girls and their teams who represented our state so well.

Well said rcpae ..... and there are a lot of Ohio teams sending good teams home in other strong Nationals & Regional Nationals as well. Couple it with some strong finishes in past years by Ohio teams, and I am getting the feeling that we are firmly establishing Ohio as a Nationally competitive state, at the higher end. Depth may be the biggest issue, when comparing with the larger warm weather states.

On a side note, Georgia has REALLY done well lately, emerging as a softball super power! Big year for Georgia at USA/ASA. A section that comprises parts of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama is emerging as a real hot pocket for fastpitch.

Ohio/Indiana/Illinois is producing more and more talent also.

Texas, Arizona & California (perhaps Florida?) will always have some advantages, but it seems like a few areas/regions are gaining fast.

I felt like we played our best ball of the season at ASA. We had the bats rolling and 1 of the pitchers was healthier than she had been all season, still not at full strength but I will take her at 90% any day. That poll is kind of "on any given day" for these teams.