4Lasers - Orange (1)43
5Lasers - White40
6OFC Heat Orange33
7Miami Valley Express (Pearson)25
8Buckeye Heat - Toledo23
9Akron Sapphires15
10Cincy Doom12

Others receiving votes
Stingrays (Tolar) (8), ICE (Wahl) (5), Chain Reaction (2), Stingrays (Blair) (1),

Lasers Aqua are 18U - just an FYI

You know I thought that, but they had some votes so I was second guessing myself and decided to include their numbers and let you guys help me sort it out.

Thanks.

Wow - What a group of teams. ASA States should shine some light on this age group for sure.

Agree it should be a great weekend but always remember "on any given day..."

Agree it should be a great weekend but always remember "on any given day..."

Lovethegame - I have no dd in this fight, I coach Lasers 12U Black. I just know the talent represented by these teams and wish I could be there this weekend to watch.

Its a shame the ACT test is Saturday.... Those first games could set some teams up for a long weekend... We're just happy to be there - I hope the college coaching contingent is happy to be there too :)

This is as strong as I can remember 16-U being in Ohio, and I go back to around 1998. If there was ever a year Ohio should have a shot at multiple teams in the ASA Nationals top 16, this should be it. Every single one of those top 10 teams has a realistic shot at top 10 at Nationals.

I think the Washington Sidewinders got 7th or so last year, and I don't see a team in this top 10 that couldn't easily compete with the Sidewinders team from last year.

Its a shame the ACT test is Saturday.... Those first games could set some teams up for a long weekend... We're just happy to be there - I hope the college coaching contingent is happy to be there too :)

Do you have some girls taking the exam on Saturday? It would have been nice to have this tournament a week later.

one of my pitchers is taking th ACT, she got it moved to Findlay so she wouldn't be driving back and forth and so she could get to the game sooner... Another pitcher had surgery this week and is hoping to be ready by Compuware (surgery went great and she is recovering at home)... I agree about it being to early in the year to have a ASA States, especially when the only other ASA National Qualifier is the same weekend as Compuware. (do I sound bitter? - after our bids to host them in Pickerington were shot down in 2009 and 2010) It would be so easy to co-ordiante all of the showcases and qualifiers so that everyone that's is on that track wouldn't have to make choices in september for the following Summer.

speaking of the Ashland ASA qualifier has any one heard anything. Our Classics Purple team is entered in that.

Dave

I just got my paperwork yesterday. I do not see the Classic listed in any of the pools. Are they 18U?

Ohio Classic Black plays at 2p vs. OFH Heat and then at 6:30 vs. lady lasers orange - Please don't give Dave a heart attack

The above mentioned teams, are they playing in the Ashland qualifier or Compuware tournament? I'm a little confused :)

Valley Extreme Blue will be at Ashland. We might arrive in an ambulance as we will bring all the semi healthy warriors that are left. LOL