4Miami Valley Express (Pearson)58
5Lasers - White55
6OFC Heat Orange29
7ICE (Wahl)27
8Lasers - Orange22
8Stingrays (Blair)16
10Buckeye Heat - Toledo13

Others receiving votes
Fierce Fastpitch (4), HOO Force (3), Central Ohio Ice (2), Wizards Elite (2), Akron Sapphires (1), Cincy Fury (1),

Polls look pretty good. Mid Ohio Lady Bullets have beaten the Lasers White and Fierce Fastpitch this year so we must be in pretty good company.;)

Buckeye Heat Toledo 16u

Has beaten Lasers White and Orange, Valley Extreem Blue and OFC Heat 2 times.

we have lost to 5 times to 16u teams this year

2 times to Nightmare
1 time to Classics Black
1 time to OFC Heat

Not sure why we keep dropping?

Oh did I mention we have also beaten 3 18U Gold Teams this year.

my question is who votes? Anyone? Is this popularity contest or does it go by actual records?

I saw the Nightmare lost #1 and #2 pitchers for Nationals. Is that the only tourney? Not sure if that will affect the poll.

from what i remember, voting is strictly done by the coaches

Records is not what matters. The teams that are top 10 beat up on each other and play up many weekends. Its the type of tournaments you play and your record in those tournaments.

After Stingrays Tourny this weekend the polls should be interesting.

When Ringer (I think it was him) started the polls, he clearly stated it's for fun and to drum up interest. Everyone is a volunteer and I'm sure does the best job they can. When most of the top teams come together like they are this weekend at Stingrays, that will make it easier to vote.

What to do with the Nightmare (or any other similarly situated team) is interesting. Do you vote them where they would be without the injured pitchers or where they would be when they are healthy?

JoeA, polls are fun, certainly not for bragging rights, but I think any team mentioned should feel a little pride though to be recognized by other coaches.

As far as voting, i think you should vote where they are now, and not what they could be. IMHO

From the number of first place votes, it appears that only 8 coaches are voting right now...really not that many considering the number of 16U teams on the list (and out there in genera)...so maybe more coaches should be putting their two cents in...including a coach from our team...LOL JMHO