2007 Ohio's Best of the Best 18U Only

Ohio?s Best of the Best 18U ONLY
2007 Summer Tournament

An 18 & Under Only tournament at Genshaft Park, in Massillon, Ohio.

DATE: ? ? ?June 8, 9, 10, 2006 ? ? ?(NO RAIN DATE)

ENTRY FEE: ? ? ?$400.00 ? ? ? ? ? ?6 game guarantee ? ? ?

Includes: ? ? ?
1. (2) ASA Umpires ? ? ? ? ? ?
2. Furnished Softballs
3. Spectator Seating
4. Concession Stand
5. ?Temporary HR Fence
6. ?Hotels near by
7. ?(4) Lighted fields
8. ?Restroom Facilities

LIMITED AVAILABILITY (16 TEAMS) ? Sign up early

This year we will play 5 pool games and a single elimination tournament.

We will guarantee 6 games (weather permitting) (2 games) on Friday at 4:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm, and 10:00pm.

On Saturday (4 games) at 10:00am, 12:00, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, and 8:00pm. ?

On Sunday everyone will be placed into a single elimination style tournament with the first games starting at 9:00am, 11:00, 1:00pm, 3:00pm. Championship game scheduled at 5:00pm.

ALL teams must have an ASA SANCTION NUMBER. If not, one can be received prior to your first game. There is a fee for being sanctioned.

Each manager must report, one hour before your first game to the tournament committee above the concession stand and provide birth certificates for ALL players. All teams must have a complete and signed copy of an official ASA Tournament Roster, and a (Release of Liability and Indemnification form) before ANY games can be played.

ALL GAMES WILL BE 7 INNINGS - ?NO TIME LIMITS (weather permitting)

TOURNAMENT REFUNDS:
If the tournament is rained out before Championship play(Sunday) starts, refunds will be based on: Sign-up fees minus Tournament Cost?s minus games played equals your refund. (Please allow 2 weeks until you see a refund)

There will be a $50.00 cash protest fee, which is refunded if you win the protest. The CITY of MASSILLON, The Ohio Wolfpack, or anyone else involved in the tournament will not be held responsible for any accident or injury sustained during this tournament. Thank you for participating and GOOD LUCK throughout the tournament.

PLEASE make all checks out to OHIO WOLFPACK and mail to:
Jamie Wolff
8793 Ontario Street NW
Massillon, Ohio 44646
330- 830-3903 (work) or 330-232-3886 (cell)
email: wolffpack_99@yahoo.com or jwolff@massillon.sparcc.org

You MUST send a check with your entry form. The tournament committee will notify you if you are in the tournament ON or BEFORE November 30th, 2006.

DEADLINE TO ENTER IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2006.

You can download info www.eteamz.com/ohiowolfpack/
Click on handouts. This is last years info I will change the forms soon. You may still send in the 2006 entry form.

Ohio?s Best of the Best - 18U Only
2007 Summer Tournament
Tournament Rules

1. This tournament will be played under ASA rules and use ASA Umpires. This is a sanctioned Tournament.

2. ALL teams MUST be ready to play at the scheduled starting times. Each game has a 2 hour time slot.

3. Warm-Ups: Please use grass areas behind the temporary fence in the outfield or edges of the infield when warming up. DO NOT have pitchers warm up in the spectator seating area at ANY time. NO INFIELD WARM-UPS

4. Insurance: All teams must carry their own insurance

5. Birth Certificates: All teams must be able to show (copy is fine)

6. NO TIME LIMITS ? weather permitting

7. All teams are guaranteed 6 games unless weather dictates otherwise. In the event of bad weather Coaches will be used to discuss solution.

8. Single Elimination Seeding: 1. Best overall record 2. Head to Head record. 3. Defensive runs permitted 4. Total runs scored. 5. Coin Toss

9. Protest: $50.00 All protests will be directed to Dale Hamel ? Umpire In Chief or Rick Annen ASA Representative

10. Scorekeepers: The home team shall be considered the official book. Names & Numbers and positions. The team listed first on the schedule will sit in the third base dugouts.

11. BOTH TEAMS must report the scores upstairs immediately after the game is completed

12. Only official team personnel are permitted in the area upstairs above the concession stand.

13. ALL games are subject to modified time limits at any time due to weather. IF the tournament is rained out or canceled at anytime during the course of play, there will be NO awards given.

Please send me a list with your Team Name, jersey number, First and last name, date of birth, email addresses for the college program.
You are also encouraged to bring your own teams media guide. There will be a tent set up for coaches and information.

We will be inviting college coaches. I will post up dates on OFC as to who has committed. www.game-ex.com

2006 Colleges or Universities:
Walsh University
Cleveland State
Cedarville University
Wright State
Ohio State
Ashland University
Muskingum College
Malone College
Mount Union
Oberlin
Kent State
Youngstown State
Miami
Ursuline College

2006 TEAMS:

1. Cincinnati Elite
2. Grand Slam
3. Ohio Bandits
4. Ohio Ice - Sanor
5. Ohio Wolfpack
6. Rattlers
7. Stingrays
8. Valley Sting

These 8 teams will be invited back as long as they send in the entry form with a check by the deadline of Sunday November 12, 2006.

We are looking to fill 8 more teams and I have already had teams contact me about the tournament. If you are interested please get your information to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jamie Wolff

We loved the 8-team format this year where everyone played everyone in pool. It was a great place with four diamonds all together. The college coaches were visable, and it was wonderful playing 7 full innings!!

I have had 2 new teams already send in money to hold spots. I team has a verbal commitment. Only 5 more spots left if the 8 teams from last year return.

I have confirmations from:
Ohio Bandits
Grand Slam
Valley Sting
Wolfpack

Haven't heard from
Ice-Sanor
Stingrays
Rattlers
Cincy Elite

Hey jamie, Ohio Ice Sanor definitly will be back. Had a great time, really liked the NINE game guarantee. I really liked the double elimination. When do you need a check by? Thanks, Jim

Jamie,

Count the Elite back in for 2007, your organization was a great host!!! I will send the check in asap!

Don Catalfu

Just a quick update 7 of the 8 teams from last year have notified me that they will be returning. The only one I have not heard from is the Stingrays.

Teams that have inquired for the other 8 spots:
1. Ohio Attack - Sent in $
2. Lady Roadrunners - Sent in $
3. Maddogs
4. Buckeye Heat (Joe A)
5. Ice - Philen
6. Lasers
7. N.O. Heat
8. Thunderbolts

Don't water down the field. Keep the competition strong. I really do prefer the double elimination format.

The single elimination was done by the request of the college coaches (according to what TD told us). They suggested more pool games and single elimination. It would probably be more worthwhile to the college coaches to also have more strong teams to see. There a several good teams listed as newcomers for next year.

wolfpack_99 said:
Just a quick update 8 of the 8 teams from last year have notified me that they will be returning.

Teams that have inquired for the other 8 spots:
1. Ohio Attack - Sent in $
2. Lady Roadrunners - Sent in $
3. Maddogs
4. Buckeye Heat (Joe A) Sent in $
5. Ice - Philen
6. Lasers
7. N.O. Heat
8. Thunderbolts
9. Ohio Sharks
10. Ohio Crush
11. Ice - Riccardi
12. Ashland Blaze - Mathes

Please go to www.eteamz.com/ohiowolfpack/handouts/ to download and entry form. Just a reminder, if you don't send in and entry form and a check you will not be considered for the tournament. The check MUST be mailed with the entry form. The Deadline for entry forms and Checks will be Thursday November 30. You will then be notified if you were accepted. All checks will then be returned. Any questions can be sent to Jamie Wolff at wolffpack_99@yahoo.com or call 330-232-3886

Your website says double elimination, sure is a differenc in the number of games for the money this year. I can't believe college coaches care about the double or single elimination, since almost all are gone by the time elimination starts and are really not there when it ends. also, double elimination gives them an opportunity to see more competition. You started with a great concept, if you keep adding teams it will be no better of a tournament than the one that is held the previous weekend in Massillon. Just a thought.

Jim-

I'm trying to run a tournament that college coaches want to attend. The feedback that I got form them after this years tournament was this in a nut shell:

1. They could care less about single or double elimination. (They don't recruit Sundays)
2. They want to see the better teams in the state at 1 location. (They wanted to see more teams)
3. They want to see the girls play as many games as they can in the 1 day or 2 days that they attend.
4. You know as well as I know that coaches DO NOT come to the final day of the tournament. (Yours included)

I have not changed my website as of yet, because I am still trying to fit in double elimination and do what's best for all the kids involved. (This tournament is NOT about the $$$$) (Like most tournaments!) I lost money this past year from what I charged each team. We were $800 or more in the hole before we ever made a dime. I'm not gonna break it all down, but in the end did we make some money YES but the money we made was off the concessions and a little from the gate.

What is probably gonna happen is this: We are going to start the tournament on Friday Morning so I can get the games in on Friday and Saturday. Then start the double elimination Saturday night.

JIM:
The last thing....If you don't like the changes then NO one is forcing you to come back!

Jamie Wolff

Hi Jamie-

Thanks for making this a great tournament. Last year my daughter's last day of school was June 9. It won't be a problem for us this year as my daughter is a senior, but I thought you might want to keep that in mind when scheduling the games on Friday.

luvthegame,

Good point about school. SMFHS last day is Friday June 8th.

Time is winding down to enter the 2007 Best of the Best. In November we will decide the tournament fields. So if you want to be considered for this tournament please send in entry form and check. Both must be submitted in order to be considered for the tournament.

Everyone that sends in a registration form will receive a letter stating if your team was selected into the tournament.

Thanks,
Ohio Wolfpack
Selection Committee

You MUST send a check with your entry form. The tournament committee will notify you if you are in the tournament ON or BEFORE November 30th, 2006.

DEADLINE TO ENTER IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2006.

Click on handouts.

;D Thanks ;D
Tournament Committee

[highlight]UPDATED and FORMAT CHANGED[/highlight]

Ohio?s Best of the Best Showcase
2007 Summer Tournament
Pitching rubber will be at 43'

The tournament will be held at 2801 Erie Street Massillon, OH 44646 at Genshaft Park, in Massillon, Ohio.

DATE: June 8, 9, 10, 2006 (NO RAIN DATE)

ENTRY FEE: $400.00 9 game guarantee ? ? (according to the weather) ?

[highlight] ALL TEAMS MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY [/highlight]if your team does not show you will forfiet that game time.

Includes:
1. (2) ASA Umpires
2. Furnished Softballs
3. Spectator Seating
4. Concession Stand
5. ?Temporary HR Fence
6. ?Hotels near by
7. ?(4) Lighted fields
8. ?Restroom Facilities

LIMITED AVAILABILITY (16 TEAMS) ? Sign up early

[highlight]This year we will play 7 pool games and a double elimination tournament.[/highlight] ?

We will guarantee 9 games (weather permitting)
(4 games) on Friday at 10:00am, 1:00pm, 4:00pm, 7:00pm or 11:30am, 2:30pm, 5:30pm, and 8:30pm. (I know this is an ACT testing date but this is the only way I can play that many games and have a double elimination tournament)

On Saturday you will play at least (4 games) at 8:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm or 9:30am, 12:30, 3:30pm. ?

On Saturday everyone will be placed into a double elimination style tournament with the first games starting at 6:00pm, 7:30pm, 9:00pm Saturday night.

Championship game scheduled at 6:00pm on Sunday. The first game will start at 9:00am Sunday Morning.

ALL teams must have an ASA SANCTION NUMBER. If not, one can be received prior to your first game. There is a fee for being sanctioned. ?

Each manager must report, one hour before your first game to the tournament committee above the concession stand and provide birth certificates for ALL players. All teams must have a complete and signed copy of an official ASA Tournament Roster, and a (Release of Liability and Indemnification form) before ANY games can be played.

ALL GAMES WILL BE 7 INNINGS - ?NO TIME LIMITS (weather permitting) (We will try to keep them to around 1 hour and 30 minutes. (So please use time wise and hurry on and off the field)

TOURNAMENT REFUNDS: ?
If the tournament is rained out before Championship play(Sunday) starts, refunds will be based on: Sign-up fees minus Tournament Cost?s minus games played equals your refund. (Please allow 2 - 4 weeks until you see a refund)

There will be a $50.00 cash protest fee, which is refunded if you win the protest. The CITY of MASSILLON, The Ohio Wolfpack, or anyone else involved in the tournament will not be held responsible for any accident or injury sustained during this tournament. Thank you for participating and GOOD LUCK throughout the tournament.

PLEASE make all checks out to OHIO WOLFPACK and mail to:
Jamie Wolff
8793 Ontario Street NW
Massillon, Ohio 44646
330- 830-3903 (work) or 330-232-3886 (cell) ?
email: wolffpack_99@yahoo.com or jwolff@massillon.sparcc.org ?

[highlight]You MUST send a check with your entry form[/highlight]. The tournament committee will notify you if you are in the tournament ON or BEFORE November 30th, 2006. ?

DEADLINE TO ENTER IS SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2006. ?

Click on handouts.