4Ohio Classics43
5Diamond Chix33
6Diamond Dogs31
7North Coast Spirit (1)20
8Ohio Pride18
9Ohio Hawks15
10Lasers 9U12

Others receiving votes
Ohio Wave (Burke) (10), Valley Extreme (8), valley sting (8), Westerville Warcats (5), Stingrays (4), Chain Reaction (3), Ohio Dragons (2), Ohio Chill (1),

Thanks for all the votes but our girls (Ice 10u) still have alot to do over winter to be very competitive. We have a great work ethic and fabulous coaching which should keep us busy on Sundays this summer. I think the North Coast Spirit should have been rated higher in this poll. They have a great group of kids, excellent pitching and great hitting. The coaching staff is a class-act as well! Nitro has one of the hardest hitting teams in the state...they will be a tough game for any 10u team to deal with! The Pittsburg teams have some BIG and tight 10u teams too...you'll have to play hard on these guys!
Also, I dont believe there is a 10u Ohio Pride team this year...
Good Luck to all and remember....ISNT THIS FUN!!!!!!!!
Peace to all

Really silly poll when your talking 10U. Tough to know 10U unless there were some great 8U teams out there or if you want to go off of the few fall tourneys last fall. I give one vote to Ohio Fire 10U. They were successfull last year and add several new girls that will form a strong team. It will be fun to see these teams play it out on the field.

that is why it is a pre-season poll. If the Ohio fire makes noise this year you'll see show up in the poll. Last year I never heard of the tigerlillies until they won and moved up in polls. It's just a way to recognize teams throught the year.

that is why it is a pre-season poll. If the Ohio fire makes noise this year you'll see show up in the poll. Last year I never heard of the tigerlillies until they won and moved up in polls. It's just a way to recognize teams throught the year.
Thats true. I just see some 10u teams in there where I go, it's all about the name. Ohio fire did make a lot of noise in 10U last year and didn't get anything on here. All about what your about and if that is important to you, cause if you don't toot your own horn on here others won't toot it for your.
Never know with these youngins though. All in fun.

Thats true. I just see some 10u teams in there where I go, it's all about the name. Ohio fire did make a lot of noise in 10U last year and didn't get anything on here. All about what your about and if that is important to you, cause if you don't toot your own horn on here others won't toot it for your.
Never know with these youngins though. All in fun.

Hey tvdad,

You are right, the big organizations always get the benefit of the doubt, and make the polls. Lots of merit to that though due to their ability to recruit and develop talent, and past performances. In football, Oklahoma & Texas are always given the benefit of the doubt, but Missouri, Kansas, K-State, Texas Tech have all gotten HUGE props & respect the past 2-3 years for actually getting it done on the field, among the recruiting & media darling GIANTS ..... there are still plenty of people that will recognize and respect a job well done, and even those that LOVE underdogs!

When I see these polls, I look at them as a measuring stick over time like said above, not critically but in fun, and for newsworthiness. We just don't make the local newspaper's sports page, lol. The other thing is to watch the teams "also receiving votes", usually some darn nice teams in that group that some people know about, but not as many as with the big clubs.

I get what you're saying though.

we played in a scrimmage against the Ice 10U a couple weeks ago and they are tough. Hope we can meet up with them in a real game setting. They are well coached, have an aggressive group of girls, and if the polls are right they are in good company which should make a fun summer to watch these teams strategize and compete.

I agree with pickledad,I have seen a few of these teams play and a couple are outstanding,but in refrence to the Ohio Fire I said it once and I will say it again they are a good team with one of the most agressive bats I have seen in a while.

I agree with pickledad,I have seen a few of these teams play and a couple are outstanding,but in refrence to the Ohio Fire I said it once and I will say it again they are a good team with one of the most agressive bats I have seen in a while.

Thanks nut2, my dd played for the 10u last year, and we beat the Hawks once, beat the Miami County Blaze for a tourney title(had some battles with them). We went 1-1 against the Wave. The thing is, although my daughter moved up, the 10U only lost 3 players and added 5 really good players which came from an afformentioned team. The 10u will be very good in the field and with the bats. They don't have that dominant pitcher like they did last year, but there are a couple of prospects that could become that for them. They will win there share. Lots of good 10u teams out there. Should be a great season in the 10u division. I just saw the poll and saw they didn't get a single vote and thought that kind of told ya what these polls are. They are for fun though and thats a good thing. Good luck to all the 10u teams this year.

tvdad
I think Pickledad is spot on...
At this point at least a portion of this poll is strictly opinion due to lack of fact.

I saw on a similar thread reference to a team that moved way up in the pools after knocking off a number of the "ranked" teams.

IMHO - Enter the tourneys that have the top teams in them. I know for a fact the following tourneys have a number of the teams that are "Ranked" and still have openings. I'm sure as you nock off some of those teams the respect will come...

4/24 - 426 Lady Spartan - Boardman
5/8 - 5/10 Tigertown - Massillon
5/15 5/17 Doom Spring Madness
6/5 - 6/7 Pre season Classic - Maumee (Toledo)

tvdad,

I agree that alot of coaches/parents, especially at the younger age groups, will only toot there own horn. This is why Ringer has set up these polls for only the coaches in Ohio to vote. Hopefully this helps eliminate some of the biased opinions from overzealous parents.

Also on the other hand, if a coach/parent of a team wants recognition for there team, then they need to play in several tournaments where several of the top ten teams are playing and see how they compete against them.

Finally, as pickledad stated, these polls are just a measuring stick and should be used for fun and newswothiness, as our sport doesn't receive any pub from TV or newspapers.

Fire only plays in SW Ohio tourneys. We are an alternative to all the travel. That is probably part of the reason for no mention in the polls. However, the 10u looked tough and took second last fall at the Wave tourney. My dd plays on the 12u, who didn't get in that tourney. These polls are accurate to a point, I just saw a few teams that I know won't be there when it is for real. That's why you play the games. Fun for the girls to see their team get some votes though. Good luck to all this summer.

I for one don't vote but respect the polls for their entertainment value. Kinda like to see who is where for fun!!

Ohio Classic and Hawks meet this weekend in Franklin at the Hawks indoor event.

I talked with Matt (Classics) yesterday and he was looking forward to playing the Hawks.

Matt and his crew represented well ... our 10u Hawks came out on top in a crisply played Championship game 2-0. The game went a full 7 innings and both teams displayed great defense and pitching in the battle. Matt and his parents are a class act - solid in every way - the Hawks look forward to some more battles with them and the other top teams from the northern part of the state!

Nice job Hawks! I've seen this team. They are a very nice team. They work hard.

With the returning experience Doug has this year he should prove to be very tough at every outting!!

Congrats Doug to you and your fine group of young ladies and coaching staff.

eric (10u spirit) you're laughing at all this aren't you? how'd you get the sand bag role this summer?

D

We just had our tournement and 2 teams that should and will be at the top of this list our Valley Extreme and Thunder Elite JMHO