ASA Tournament 2011 14U USA/ASA Class "A" State of Ohio Championship

14U Teams:

Information coming soon! The 2011 14U USA/ASA Class "A" State of Ohio Championship will be held at Candlelite Knolls in Cortland, Ohio and will be hosted by the Valley Extreme Girls Fastpitch organization. The dates are June 24 - 26, 2011 so mark your softball schedules.

Greg Bensing - Tournament Director
Cell: 330-307-9315
E-Mail: lions223@aol.com

Have they announced all the sites? You have this and I heard 16u Findlay again. Any idea where 10u States are?

18U is awarded to Massillon contact Jaime Wolff....same weekend

2011 - 14U ASA STATE of OHIO Softball Championship
(Presented by the Valley Extreme Girls Fastpitch Softball)

The Valley Extreme Girls Fastpitch Softball organization will be sponsoring the
2011 14U State of Ohio ASA softball championship on 6/24, 6/25, & 6/27

• 14U Age Group
• Cost $400 per team (make checks payable to: “Valley Extreme Girls Fastpitch Softball”)
• Four Game Minimum (weather permitting)
• Main complex is Candlelite Knolls which has four fields with tarps, and two fields with Musco lighting
• ASA sanctioned tournament governed by 2011 ASA Official Rules of Softball
• Two pool games played on Friday, June 24, 2011, seeding into a double elimination tournament
• Pool play games will have a 75 minute time limit and can end in a tie
• Pool play record and scores will seed your team into the double elimination play
• Double elimination on Saturday & Sunday, June 25 & 26, 2011
• No time limit on bracket and elimination games
• Team check in is one hour prior to 1st scheduled game
• ASA sanctioned event (all teams MUST have ASA number & completed signed roster form)
• Must be able to show proof of accidental & liability insurance and have a copy of players birth certificates at check in
• 2011 14U USA/ASA Class “A” National Berth will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd Place Finishers
• Additional 14U USA/ASA Class “A” National Berths may be awarded based on the number of teams entered
• The 2011 14U USA/ASA Class “A” National tournament will be held at Midland, Texas during 7/31 – 8/7/11
• Gate will be collected daily. A three day weekend pass will be available to purchase. Infants and pre-school kids are free. Three team manager/coaches & twelve players’ wrist bands will be handed out upon team check in.
• If the tournament is rained out, refunds will be based on (Entry Fees minus Non-Recoverable Costs minus Games Played) divided by (Paid Entries). Please allow two to four weeks
for an inclement weather refund.
• Individual trophies or plaques for 1st and 2nd place finishers
• Team trophies or plaques for 1st and 2nd place finishers
• E-mail lions223@aol.com for a entry form
• Complex address: Candlelite Knolls, 2619 Bazetta Rd. NE, Warren, Ohio 44486

For additional information or questions please contact:

Greg Bensing-Tournament Director
Mailing Address: 2744 Ravine Run, Cortland, Ohio 44410
Cell Phone: (330) 307-9315
E-Mail: http://www.lions223@aol.com or http://www.gregory.bensing@delphi.com
Web Site: http://www.valleyextreme.com

Both 10U and 12U are at Fostoria, Ohio contact is Gabe Sierra

Might want to bump your team slot numbers from 24 to 48 plus.. :)

I think it might be a big year for state events. One of those "who's the best" type of thing ;&

At what number of teams does the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th berths kick in or whatever the maximum amount is ?

I'm sure you'll be asked that in this thread sometime or another ... LOL .. and it's only late September !!!

See, the way I look at it... the teams that don't want to go to the ASA Nationals should go to play in this event to increase the number of entries.. thus increasing the amount of teams from Ohio that are able to go to Texas in 2011. It's a kind of "let's work together here" type of thing.

Can you imagine... if just 1/2 of the 14u teams in Ohio got into it... let alone more than that !!!!

But, I figured you would be asked this question sooner or later....

Team Listing as of 9/28/2010:

1. Valley Extreme - Blue
2. Valley Extreme - Red
3. Cincy Doom 97 (requested entry form)
4. Ohio Wave 96 (requested entry form)
5. Cincy Doom 96 (requested entry form)
6. Ohio Ice 13U (requested entry form)
7. Buckeye Heat - Toledo (requested entry form)
8. Ohio Hawks 97 - (requested entry form)

Is the team count of 24 some implied limit or you had to stop somewhere? It was my understanding that ASA State Tournaments are open ended regarding the number of teams that can attend - at least up to the cutoff date.

BTW, who says you can't go home again?

At what number of teams does the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th berths kick in or whatever the maximum amount is ?

I'm sure you'll be asked that in this thread sometime or another ... LOL .. and it's only late September !!!

See, the way I look at it... the teams that don't want to go to the ASA Nationals should go to play in this event to increase the number of entries.. thus increasing the amount of teams from Ohio that are able to go to Texas in 2011. It's a kind of "let's work together here" type of thing.

Can you imagine... if just 1/2 of the 14u teams in Ohio got into it... let alone more than that !!!!

But, I figured you would be asked this question sooner or later....

Gave four berths last year at the state tourney, did something change?

All:

Yes Warren Jones determines how many Ohio berths are given out. Bill White in our organization has been trading phone calls to confirm additional berths. We are sure for two, and most likely the number will go to at least four. I heard a rumor that he might have up to eight to hand out based on a good showing of entries.

The entry into a State tournament is really unlimited until the deadline for entries is reached. Twenty four was just a starting point.

Take Care
Greg Bensing
Tournament Director

Wow only 65 miles, I figured it would be Cincinnati or something south.

Now I just need a driver or better, a pilot and a helicopter

Better yet, lets get a berth early and take the weekend off.

All:

Yes Warren Jones determines how many Ohio berths are given out. Bill White in our organization has been trading phone calls to confirm additional berths. We are sure for two, and most likely the number will go to at least four. I heard a rumor that he might have up to eight to hand out based on a good showing of entries.

The entry into a State tournament is really unlimited until the deadline for entries is reached. Twenty four was just a starting point.

Take Care
Greg Bensing
Tournament Director
Has nothing to do with the number of entries, has to do with number of teams registered with ASA in the state of Ohio to award berths. Every 500 teams registered gets 1 berth and Ohio I do believe has over 4000 teams registered, so 8 berths were awarded and I do believe State tourny got 4 of them last year. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm pretty close. However Warren does determine who gets the berths and which TD's get those berths for their tournaments, so more teams at State in turn could get you 4 berths again or maybe 5. I'm pretty sure though Warren will or should already know where they are issuing the Berths or should by the end of the year. Good Luck!

National Berth Opportunities in the State of Ohio:

June 11th & 12th - 14U National Qualifier in Elyria, Ohio
June 24th - 26th - 14U State Tournament in Cortland, Ohio
July 1st - 4th - 14U Metro Tournament in Strongsville, Ohio

National Berth Opportunities in the State of Ohio:

June 11th & 12th - 14U National Qualifier in Elyria, Ohio
June 24th - 26th - 14U State Tournament in Cortland, Ohio
July 1st - 4th - 14U Metro Tournament in Strongsville, Ohio
I thought the Hawks Organization runs an ASA/USA qualifier? Did that change for this year coming up? If not then I would think at least 5 berths should be available for State, nice!!!