ASA Tournament 2011 Mid-West Fall Signature Showcase

The 2011 Mid-West Fall Signature Showcase will be held in Columbus Ohio on October 1-2 at beautiful Berliner Park.

This year, games will only be played on Saturday and Sunday to accommodate travel schedules of teams from out of the area. On Friday, we are planning a half day Recruiting Camp, with more information coming soon!

As the teams that attended last year know, we pull out all the stops to bring college coaches to our tournaments. Last year's event had 40 teams and over 40 college coaches! And if the weather had been better, we would have had 60 coaches as some who had RSVPed were unable to make it!

Since we are not playing on Friday, teams will get 5 games, and the games are 1 hour and 40 minutes so you get lots of exposure! Teams will play 3 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. We offer situation play and other unique features in this event.

FPHQ has a lot of experience running true showcase tournaments. We do it right, and make it a great recruiting opportunity for the teams and for the college coaches.

Don't miss this one!! Go to www.signatureshowcases.com to get more information or call Patti at 954-540-7850.

Forgot to mention that since we know that money is really tight this year that you can enter now and hold your spot with only a $100 deposit. Then you can send final payment 45 days prior to the event.

Also if you want to use a credit card we have a Paypal option that makes it easy.

If you have any questions, check our website at www.signatureshowcases.com or give me a call at 954-540-7850 cell.

Thanks.

Patti Shotwell
Fastpitch Headquarters

Just wanted to post an update on the Recruiting Camp. We have decided to focus on teams and college coaches this year, so we will not be implementing the Friday Recruiting Camp until 2012.

As for the Showcase, we have received a number of entries from new teams this year. So far we have teams from Ohio, Florida, Canada, Illinois and Texas.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Columbus in October!!

I have heard from quite a few teams that they will be coming but will enter after tryouts. I will pencil you in if you let me know, and this will hold a spot for you. So let me know at patsho@fastpitchheadquarters.com.

Pat,

I brought a team there last year (Aspiring Athletes) and would love to again this year. I will also have to wait until after tryouts. Please pencil us in, however, this year I am with MC Madness.

Thanks!
Shay

We have an UPDATE on college coach RSVPs.

Mount Mary College (WI)
Bethany College (WV)
Miami University (OH)
Thiel College (PA)
Muskingum University (OH)
Wright State University (OH)
Tiffin University (OH)
Urbana University (OH)
University of the Cumberlands (KY)
University of Rio Grande (OH)
Shawnee State University (OH)
Malone University (OH)
Thomas More College (KY)
Cedarville University (OH)

Good start for so far out. Remember most RSVPs come in the last 2 weeks before the event. We anticipate over 60 coaches this year.

Another school has RSVPed.

Transylvania University (KY)

So far we are at 52 teams entered (or penciled in), heading for 60. Those that are penciled need to firm up their entry.

It is going to be a really good showcase event.

Valley Storm check in the mail Patty. Nice talking to you tonight! :)

According to their website they said approx. 3 weeks before tourney.

i emailed patti the other day. she said the schedule should be done by thursday. i think some teams dropped last minute.

She loves it, settled in very well, grades good
Getting ready for a tourney in Charleston WV Oct 8 and 9
Coach is very excited about her pitching.

Fields 10-13 are turf infields, but they will allow metal cleats on them for this tourney. Couldn't it be a problem for the player?

I would not wear metal cleats on this infield after watching a young lady break her leg slidding last year. I would suggest you wear turf on this field. I know my players wouldn't after playing on it last year.

Looks Like the weather for Saturday is going to mirror the weather from last year on Sunday. 50 degrees and 60% chance of rain.

Hey, the positive is it won't be quite as bad as two years ago. I think it was 40 both days.